SAS Institute

3.1

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SAS Institute.

VERY time consuming. If a candidate is hired in under 60 days that is super fast. Focus depends on the fiefdom of the individual hiring manager or executive. Some care more about what you wear than what you say. Some want to ensure you work hard and do not make waves, some will approve you as long as the boss agrees.

Interview Questions
    • Too easy. Nothing super hard or unexpected. Also depends very much on the individual.   Answer Question
    long drawn out process. There is very little negotiation in Cary. If you are outside Cary it depends on how much they need to fill the position. The general attitude is "you are lucky we want you, take what we offer you".

Associate Analytical Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SAS Institute in September 2014.

Combination of phone and site interviews, five in total. The interviews consist of technical questions about options pricing theory, portfolio management, and algorithms (for example, reordering members of an array), as well as brain teasers. They also wish to see you give a 45 minute presentation on technical topic, as if you are truly a consulting speaking to a group of clients.

Interview Questions
    • How can you apply probability of default models to private firms?   Answer Question

Computer Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAS Institute.

Worked as a temp through Executive Temporaries.SAS Operations Manager spoke with me and offered the job with salary and benefits. He explained all details, salary, etc… I had worked as a temporary for one month and was then hired on full time. They were then familiar with my work ethic, personality, and ability to do the job and were satisfied with my abilities. So they did not need to ask too many questions. I think this was a smart way to hire. I was required to sign a confidentiality agreement. I also submitted a drug test and background check, but I was not required to pay for either of these. The drug test was done on campus and the SAS Healthcare Center. I was pregnant at the time I was hired and did receive some Healthcare benefits despite that being a pre-exhisting conditions, so they were very generous in that respect. Couldn't say whether that would be true still, today. Healthcare laws have changed since I was hired.

Technical Student Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SAS Institute.

Two rounds of interview. The first round is a phone interview. questions about greeks. Second round is a phone presentation about B-S model. They ask : What is SAS?What are the special input delimiters?what is the difference between a format and an informat?Describe an SAS function.what is a PUT statement?

Technical Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAS Institute in June 2014.

Applied online but also had employee referral. Interviews with hiring manager and others were fine, but interview (and overall experience) with HR was unprofessional. No presentation of company nor benefits, etc.. Mostly was "What do you know about SAS and its culture? Why do you want to work here?" kind of questioning. Promised a followup within a week or so and got nothing. Checked back in after a couple of weeks and was given the same promise. Never contacted again.

Year-Round Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAS Institute in May 2014.

Very positive experience for me. It was an interview with two people: the director and the supervisor for the department I would be in. Laid back, very courteous people who do not try to intimidate you in any way. They seem like they are genuinely interested in you as you are talking and as they are asking you questions.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions, most of it was basic just trying to get to know you, asking why you are interested in the subject, and asking about your previous job experience.   Answer Question
    I didn't really see a good opportunity to negotiate a wage (nor did I really see a need to) because they calculate a fair wage for you.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SAS Institute in May 2014.

Initial phone and personal interview with the hiring manager. Then final interview with a panel of team members representing the development group. Panel interview consisted of Phd, Masters, and principal level contributors.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not extremely difficult. The most specific question was to describe methodology I would use when cleansing data.   Answer Question
    None. My belief is that offer was non-negotiable.

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAS Institute.

Lengthy and rigorous. SAS only leaves postings up for like a week so I was lucky to hit the window. Initial 30-minute phone conversation with hiring manager. About two weeks later, a set of in-person interviews with 2 members of the team and 2 members of HR. Then, about ten days later, more team members and the business leaders I'd be supporting. A few more days, then an offer, with no opportunity to negotiate, and contingent upon reference and background checks.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected, but I didn't expect to have to complete three different projects for them before receiving the offer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Software Tester Interview

The interview took around 30 mins. It was mostly the interviewer explaining the work environment and job responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • Is this something you would like to do? (I did not like some of the responsibilities)   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAS Institute.

Many people think you need to know someone to get hired at SAS. I applied online and was selected for an interview without any help from within the company. Make sure your resume includes keywords that match the job description. I had 1 phone interview and 2 in-person interviews. The first rounds were with management, the last interview included team members and was mostly a personality assessment. The entire process took about 2 weeks. I felt very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • It was a pretty standard interview. My experience spoke for itself. I provided examples of projects I've worked on that related to SAS' projects. I think they were evaluating me more on my personality and communication skills.   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation. I either accepted the package as is or declined the offer entirely.