SAS Institute Interview Questions & Reviews

77 interviews

3.1

Product Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at SAS Institute.

Post resume on the web; telephone screening call. if selected, there will be an onsite interview. Onsite interview will be done by a mix of people - the team you will work in and associated functions.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAS Institute.

Many people think you need to know someone to get hired at SAS. I applied online and was selected for an interview without any help from within the company. Make sure your resume includes keywords that match the job description. I had 1 phone interview and 2 in-person interviews. The first rounds were with management, the last interview included team members and was mostly a personality assessment. The entire process took about 2 weeks. I felt very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • It was a pretty standard interview. My experience spoke for itself. I provided examples of projects I've worked on that related to SAS' projects. I think they were evaluating me more on my personality and communication skills.   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation. I either accepted the package as is or declined the offer entirely.

Systems Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SAS Institute.

The process is interesting. It is 3 steps or more...very through. First the meeting about the position to make sure it is a fit for both you and SAS. Next a potential second interview. If you pass the one and maybe 2 interviews (no difficult questions), then a presentation to 4-6 people is next. This can be tough. It is a subject of your choice to an audience you may or may not know. If you pass that test, then you meet with the VP for a final OK.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SAS Institute.

I applied online and was contacted a couple weeks later about setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 mins and mainly consisted of PM related questions and some time for me to ask questions. I was then contacted the next day about setting up an in person interview which was held the following week. I was given a scenario to prepare for in which I had to host a mock client meeting. The first 30 mins of the interview was general PM related interview questions from about a dozen people. Then I did the client meeting portion which was realistic based on having been in client meetings extensively throughout my career. The final part was a chance for me to ask questions of all the people in the room. The following afternoon I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • In the mock presentation portion there was some discussion about who would pay for a contract change.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation allowed. It was a firm offer from the company.

Principal Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAS Institute in May 2013.

Hiring is only done through the company web site. Jobs are posted and individuals should apply through the process. The company never has a shortage of applicants so you should make sure your experience is focused on the job you are applying. It doesn't hurt have an example available on the web showcasing your ability. It also help to know someone who can put in a good word to get your resume noticed out of the 100's which get submitted for a single job.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk about yourself and how you handle various situations. Working at SAS isn't just about have the technical ability, it's about how you fit in with the group you might be joining if you are hired. The philosophy at SAS is that you are joining the company for life and you are being welcomed into the family. One last think, please don't talk about the great benefits, it's a huge turn-off when in the interview process.   Answer Question

Analytical Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at SAS Institute in September 2012.

I was an intern for several summers while I attended school with a degree in Mathematics and statistics. Once I graduated my manager offered me a full time positision. Therefore, I did not go through a formal interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Again, I did not go through an interview process. However, I have heard from others that they tend to ask technical questions to make sure you can handle creating algorithms for statistical procedures.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Software Tester Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at SAS Institute.

The interviewer basically spoke for about half an hour about SAS and his team. He gave detailed description of the kind of work and work culture SAS has. After that, he went over my resume and asked me explain my work i have done so far. It was extremely casual. Seemed like a general acquaintance than anything else. Its been 2 weeks and i havent heard from them yet.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at SAS Institute in March 2009.

Interviewed by four individuals: hiring manager, (2) sales managers, sales operations manager

Interview Questions
    • How many ping pong balls would it take to fill this building?   View Answer
    I was unable to negotiate salary, vacation or car allowance

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at SAS Institute.

I was drawn to SAS for the unique company culture. The interview process was very synonymous with that. I was not asked a technical question at all. I had a phone screen and then I was called in for an interview with 2 other individuals. One was HR and one was a manager.

Interview Questions
    • There was not really an unexpected question that I was asked. Their responses were the typical behavior interview questions. The most that they asked me was technologies I used on a core project.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I interviewed online - interviewed at SAS Institute in October 2010.

Multiple phone interviews, face to face with HR and hiring mgr. and also face to face with many project managers who would be your peers. In addition, at the time had to put together a mock kick-off presentation for a potential SAS client. The experience was quite challenging and the entire process took months from the initial phone interview to getting an offer.

Interview Questions
    • SAS OnDemand required each interviewee to perform a mock client kickoff mtg. This includes putting together a slide presentation and then presenting to an audience of 5-10 individuals who played the role of client. It is quite a tough interview process.   Answer Question
    Very limited. Able to negotiate only additional $2k.