SAS Institute Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC).

Interview

When a Sr member of the team tells you how miserable they are, it makes you question your decision to join. Then when you are scheduled to meet with your potential client group and they arrive significantly late for their interview with no apology or explanation, it does not make you feel any better about why you would want to work there

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

Had applied the 2nd day after the applications for internships opened. I suppose that was major reason why I received a call. From 1600 applicants, 132 were selected. Was lucky to be one. Got a call in last week of feb, the subsequent week, I got first interview set and it went well. 2nd happened the next week and got a final call the next week. In all it took 3 weeks and seemed pretty fast! huh!

Interview Questions

• Explain about the current project, how it is related to your work profile and how much SAS are u using for programming?   3 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through Indeed and received an email for a telephone interview about a week later. The telephone interview was scheduled for an hour but took about 30 min. and consisted mainly of PM related questions, questions about my current position and concluded with an opportunity for me to ask questions. The in-person interview required each interviewee to perform a mock client meeting. This includes putting together a slide presentation and then presenting to an audience who played the role of client. Not much information was provided so it was a challenge to create a one slide presentation. The panel members were not that engaged and typed (supposedly taking notes) during the entire interview. The campus was beautiful and overall I'm glad I had the experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a project manager and a consultant?   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

Applied online and at a campus career fair, got contacted for an interview about 2 weeks later and was able to schedule a phone interview rather quickly. The interview was about 45 min and consisted of basic questions about my previous projects and my previous internship experiences, as well as questions about various types of technologies, nothing to technical though.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC).

Interview

The onsite interview involved a half-day of meetings, some one-on-one, some with a panel. Each interview lasted for 45-60 minutes. The interviews were a mixture of behavioral type questions, technical knowledge assessment and discussion of my background. Most of the interviews were unstructured. There was a lot of back and forth discussion and it wasn't simply the asking a set list of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience convincing engineers to adopt features that are being requested by your customers, but might be in conflict with a direction they were going.   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The process initially moved very quickly, with phone screens and interviews being set up within a couple of weeks of the initial online application. The separate phone screens with various members of the team (incl. the manager) consisted of average questions one would expect for the position, mainly inquiring about related experience. The onsite, in-person interviews and group presentation were a bit unorganized and rushed; in hindsight, they seemed to be more focused on industry intel than hiring. Although I was told I would hear back in a couple of weeks, the recruiter fell off the map so I never found out the disposition for the position one way or the other.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Buffalo, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Got a mail from them enquiring about when I would be free. Then there was just a phone interview. The next thing I know, I had gotten the job. So pretty basic stuff

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Process took about 6 weeks from initial phone interview to final in-person interview in Cary, NC. Had to make a 20 minute presentation as the basis of the interview to a panel of 3 interviewers. Followed by a standard review of the resume and applications questions. Very positive experience and relatively simple if sufficient prep work completed.

Marketing Advertising Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview, followed up by an in-person interview. I met with someone from HR, followed up by a group interview with the team. Everyone was very nice. I was told next steps would be an HR approved task or assessment and a second interview, but unfortunately after I left that day, I never heard from anyone at the organization again. It is extremely unprofessional in my opinion for HR to not contact me and let me know they've considered other candidates for the position and have decided not to move forward with me. I recently searched LinkedIn and found the position was filled. I was required to provide salary history upfront and discuss salary in my conversation with HR.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my past experience and asked about examples about my communication skills.   Answer Question

Software Test Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

Submitted resume online on the SAS portal, then got contacted for a phone interview by the lead guy on the team I was applying for. After that, I was asked to come in onsite group interview. It was the entire group of potential coworkers (4-5) and we just talked about my experiences and general questions. No hard technical questions.

Interview Questions

• It was mostly talking about resume and general person questions.   Answer Question