SAS Institute Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
77 interviews

3.1

Unpaid Internship Interview

interviewed at SAS Institute in March 2013.

The first interview was phone interview. I guess it is a stress interiview. Started with What do you know about SAS?

Interview Questions
    • What other companies have you applied?   Answer Question
    • What are you planning to do if you dont have an itnernship for the summer.   Answer Question

Risk Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at SAS Institute.

An onsite interview. questions: to tell whether one process is martingale or not and ask why you want this position.

Risk Consultant Internship Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAS Institute.

Had to go in and give a technical presentation, tough questions asked

Technical Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at SAS Institute in May 2010.

20 minute interview

Software Developer V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAS Institute in December 2009.

Applied for a job off the company website, as it turns out I knew the hiring manager from a previous job and he short-listed my resume based on that. Interview included a lunch date with three SAS employees plus myself, then an invitation to an on-site interview with seven members of the department I am now working with. After the interview, I didn't hear anything for something like three weeks (however, it was a bad time of year for quick responses due to holidays/vacation issues). Once I got the green light, I was asked to start on the first workday of the month. The first day was entirely orientation, signing up for benefits plans, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Let's say you are implementing a distributed sort algorithm running on hundreds of nodes. How does that algorithm work? Where are the bottlenecks?   View Answer
    Didn't get far in negotiating, it was pretty much "take it or leave it". I was jobless at the time due to a previous layoff so I was inclined to take it, and I did. The offer was a raise over my previous salary (however my previous salary was lower than the one before that because it included stock options that ended up being worthless). Given the increased benefits at SAS I felt it was a fair offer.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at SAS Institute in January 2012.

Had initial phone interview with hiring manager, then came in for group interview with hiring manager and that person's team.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at SAS Institute in November 2010.

Interview in 2 cities and was tasked with developing a presentation. I thought things went well. But they never go back to me.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to discuss various scenarios.   Answer Question
    • Had to do significant presentation that took quite a bit of time to create and practice   Answer Question

Senior Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at SAS Institute in February 2012.

Met with two levels of management and the Compensation team. They asked typical Compensation questions and were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation where you had to communicate negative information to your manager.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAS Institute in June 2011.

The phone interview was a screening and I was impressed with the questions asked - not the just the typical "describe your background and why you're suited for the job." They also asked why you wanted the job and why you wanted to work for SAS - and expected a detailed answer.
    The panel interview was difficult - several of the group were obviously unprepared and not experienced enough to ask intelligent questions much less describe their role in the group. Others asked incredibly astute questions and put me to the test on my knowledge. I felt a lot of synergy with the group and was disappointed not to receive the offer. A big con: There was no feedback - even when asked - and no follow-up even though it was promised.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about areas of the job I had already admitted I had little experience.   View Answer

Computer Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SAS Institute in June 2011.

Initial interview with direct supervisor of the position interviewing for, followed by a phone interview with the department director and then a group interview with all supervisors in the position's department. After that, a background check and drug test was performed.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about SAS and what we do?   View Answer