SAS Institute

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted a couple weeks later about setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 mins and mainly consisted of PM related questions and some time for me to ask questions. I was then contacted the next day about setting up an in person interview which was held the following week. I was given a scenario to prepare for in which I had to host a mock client meeting. The first 30 mins of the interview was general PM related interview questions from about a dozen people. Then I did the client meeting portion which was realistic based on having been in client meetings extensively throughout my career. The final part was a chance for me to ask questions of all the people in the room. The following afternoon I was offered the position.

Interview Question – In the mock presentation portion there was some discussion about who would pay for a contract change.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation allowed. It was a firm offer from the company.

Very Difficult Interview

Cary, NC

I applied online - interviewed at SAS Institute in October 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interviews, face to face with HR and hiring mgr. and also face to face with many project managers who would be your peers. In addition, at the time had to put together a mock kick-off presentation for a potential SAS client. The experience was quite challenging and the entire process took months from the initial phone interview to getting an offer.

Interview Question – SAS OnDemand required each interviewee to perform a mock client kickoff mtg. This includes putting together a slide presentation and then presenting to an audience of 5-10 individuals who played the role of client. It is quite a tough interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very limited. Able to negotiate only additional $2k.

Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAS Institute in June 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview was a screening and I was impressed with the questions asked - not the just the typical "describe your background and why you're suited for the job." They also asked why you wanted the job and why you wanted to work for SAS - and expected a detailed answer.
The panel interview was difficult - several of the group were obviously unprepared and not experienced enough to ask intelligent questions much less describe their role in the group. Others asked incredibly astute questions and put me to the test on my knowledge. I felt a lot of synergy with the group and was disappointed not to receive the offer. A big con: There was no feedback - even when asked - and no follow-up even though it was promised.

Interview Question – Questions about areas of the job I had already admitted I had little experience.   View Answer

Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAS Institute in November 2013.

Interview Details – 2 stages interview. 1st stage is recruiting manager interview. 2nd stage is VP interview. The result is fail in 1st stage interview because recruiting manager try to hire more implement BI project experience candidate.

Interview Question – Working background description. Behavioral questions asking. What's most impressing project you has been handled? Have you been implement BI project? How do you handle not cooperated team members who is key person?   Answer Question

Worked for SAS Institute? Contribute to the Community!