SAS Institute Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

One phone call from HR, in person, general interview with hiring manager, if initial interview OK, technical test, aprox. 3-5h coding. A4 sheet of task to code (C++/C# or Java)

Interview Questions

• N/A most questions (99%) are from highly technical guys (principal developers) so expect only tech questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Agency negotiated based on my requirements

Other Interview Reviews for SAS Institute

Application

Interview

A phone screen ask some general questions like why leave the current job and java questions Two round on site interviews If you have conflicts with your manager on the project how will you handle it Reverse a single link list and then followed a trick question how about the double link list,a silly question actually Find the longest common sequence between two given strings

Interview Questions

The salary is not very good

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Pune (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

It was average as other companies do

beacuse of location

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in August 2010.

Interview

I got the interview through employee referral. SAS contacts me the first minute they received my resume. The interview process consists of three phases, all with 1:1 form. First round interview is held with team manager, mainly about techniques, along with a test on algorithm, coding skills and problem-solving abilities. Second round interview is with HR hiring manager. He will ask questions about the reason you left your former employer, why you want to join SAS, what your career plans, etc, basically open questions. The final round is talking with general manager.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose a traditional software company instead of an internet company such as google.com or baidu.com?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Pune (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

1. Interview with hiring manager 2. Technical interview (telephonic) 3. Technical interview (1 :1) 4. HR Interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Compensation was better other employers...