SAS Scandinavian Airlines

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Statistician Developer Interview

Research Statistician Developer

Interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines

Interview Details – got a phone interview -- the lady on the phone basically just asked me about why i was interested in the company, and a rough self intro.

Interview Question – how did you hear of our company?   Answer Question

Technical Intern Interview

Technical Intern
Cary, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines.

Interview Details – Phone interview by product manager

Interview Question – Asked about solutions if you found your system model had a big error   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Data Scientist
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in February 2013.

Interview Details – I got an email from two Data Scientists to schedule a phone interview. They called on time and the interview lasts about one hour. They asked me about my PhD thesis, some questions from Data Mining (for example designing a neural network for multi-class classification) and basic probability questions.

Interview Question – They asked me how to solve fraud detection problem in credit card detection. They put several constraints to make the problem difficult   Answer Question

Consultant SAS Interview

Consultant SAS
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in April 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Two Telephonic interview- overview of experience and knowledge. 2. HR interview- general HR questions ( why consultant, what u learnt from last job etc...) 3. Panel Interview- Statistics, datawarehousing, database, object oriented questions. Make sure to prepare in detail about the projects and skills mentioned on resume.
some questions:
Front end designing experience
Why not to isolate all independent variable and see if it is significant
difference between transactional database and rational database
SAS- Proc template, Proc report, Validation technique, ODS, Logistics Regression etc..
Start schema, Joints..etc

Interview Question – There will be presentation on a topic which they will tell in few days advance. You have to present for 15 minutes to impress them.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated in relocation expenses but they just provided airfare.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
East Kilbride, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was a two stage process. First an hour long personality assessment with a development head then a week or two later a three hour technical interview which consisted of being asked to write a program by myself for two hours then discuss it in front of a three man panel followed by some simple technical questions.

Interview Question – The extent of the program I was asked to write, in this case an XML parser with GUI display and editing functionality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was made, I accepted.

Software Specialist Interview

Software Specialist
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in April 2009.

Interview Details – first HR call. then small HR discussion and there were two technical rounds. these are really good techi rounds. they try to know in our what have done.
then final round with HR head and dept head.
i was selected after completing this process.

Interview Question – how to automated drag and drop actions using QTP in vbscript?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they dont nagotiate. they go according to company policy

Web Editor Interview

Web Editor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in February 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 2 people following a call back from by cover letter and CV submission. This was the 1st interview. If I make it through there may be as many as two more interviews.

Interview Questions

Field Marketing Specialist Interview

Field Marketing Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online. Since I was on contract there at the time I was able to see who the hiring manager was for the position. So I reached out to that individual to let them know that I had applied and that I was very interested in the position. The hiring manager called me following day and we discussed the opportunity and my fit for the position. I interviewed a couple weeks later. The interview lasted roughly 4 hours and consisted of interviewing with four different executives one at a time. I was one of three people interviewing for the position and everything went very well throughout. I received very positive feedback from each executive during the interviews. Upon completion of the interviews the hiring manager told me that I would hear something withing no more than 3 days.

Ultimately I didn't hear anything from them for a month (despite reaching out to them several times), but did discover (through linkedin) 2 weeks after the interview that they had filled the position with another internal candidate. I then reached out to the hiring manager several more times to get feedback as to why I was not chosen and if there was anything I could have done better. I always like to get feedback to help improve for future opportunities. I never heard a word from them again...no feedback...nothing.

It was disappointing to not get the job, but even more disappointing and extremely frustrating to get zero response and/or feedback. That is very unprofessional in my opinion.

Interview Question – Do you think that you are overqualified for this position?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant

The process took a day - interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in April 2011.

Interview Details – very nice people and very nice working enviroment .

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – accept the offer straight away without negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in September 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interviews were dry and boring because most sales managers have an inside sales background.

Interview Question – Go in another room and call into this conference room. You will be calling the head of statistics at (company). Figure out a way to get a meeting   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They did not allow me to interview others in the group. Big read flag

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SAS Scandinavian Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAS Scandinavian Airlines interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by SAS Scandinavian Airlines employees and interview candidates.