SAS Scandinavian Airlines

Employer Engaged

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Interview Questions

3.2

Research Statistician Developer Interview

got a phone interview -- the lady on the phone basically just asked me about why i was interested in the company, and a rough self intro.

Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines.

Phone interview by product manager

Interview Questions
    • Asked about solutions if you found your system model had a big error   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in February 2013.

I got an email from two Data Scientists to schedule a phone interview. They called on time and the interview lasts about one hour. They asked me about my PhD thesis, some questions from Data Mining (for example designing a neural network for multi-class classification) and basic probability questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how to solve fraud detection problem in credit card detection. They put several constraints to make the problem difficult   Answer Question

Consultant SAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in April 2012.

1. Two Telephonic interview- overview of experience and knowledge. 2. HR interview- general HR questions ( why consultant, what u learnt from last job etc...) 3. Panel Interview- Statistics, datawarehousing, database, object oriented questions. Make sure to prepare in detail about the projects and skills mentioned on resume.
    some questions:
    Front end designing experience
    Why not to isolate all independent variable and see if it is significant
    difference between transactional database and rational database
    SAS- Proc template, Proc report, Validation technique, ODS, Logistics Regression etc..
    Start schema, Joints..etc

Interview Questions
    • There will be presentation on a topic which they will tell in few days advance. You have to present for 15 minutes to impress them.   View Answer
    I negotiated in relocation expenses but they just provided airfare.

Web Editor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in February 2012.

I interviewed with 2 people following a call back from by cover letter and CV submission. This was the 1st interview. If I make it through there may be as many as two more interviews.

IT Consultant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in April 2011.

very nice people and very nice working enviroment .

Interview Questions
    accept the offer straight away without negotiation.

Field Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in March 2011.

I applied online. Since I was on contract there at the time I was able to see who the hiring manager was for the position. So I reached out to that individual to let them know that I had applied and that I was very interested in the position. The hiring manager called me following day and we discussed the opportunity and my fit for the position. I interviewed a couple weeks later. The interview lasted roughly 4 hours and consisted of interviewing with four different executives one at a time. I was one of three people interviewing for the position and everything went very well throughout. I received very positive feedback from each executive during the interviews. Upon completion of the interviews the hiring manager told me that I would hear something withing no more than 3 days.

Ultimately I didn't hear anything from them for a month (despite reaching out to them several times), but did discover (through linkedin) 2 weeks after the interview that they had filled the position with another internal candidate. I then reached out to the hiring manager several more times to get feedback as to why I was not chosen and if there was anything I could have done better. I always like to get feedback to help improve for future opportunities. I never heard a word from them again...no feedback...nothing.

It was disappointing to not get the job, but even more disappointing and extremely frustrating to get zero response and/or feedback. That is very unprofessional in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think that you are overqualified for this position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Kilbride, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Kilbride, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in March 2011.

Interview was a two stage process. First an hour long personality assessment with a development head then a week or two later a three hour technical interview which consisted of being asked to write a program by myself for two hours then discuss it in front of a three man panel followed by some simple technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The extent of the program I was asked to write, in this case an XML parser with GUI display and editing functionality.   Answer Question
    Offer was made, I accepted.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in September 2009.

Phone interviews were dry and boring because most sales managers have an inside sales background.

Interview Questions
    • Go in another room and call into this conference room. You will be calling the head of statistics at (company). Figure out a way to get a meeting   View Answer
    They did not allow me to interview others in the group. Big read flag

Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in April 2009.

first HR call. then small HR discussion and there were two technical rounds. these are really good techi rounds. they try to know in our what have done.
    then final round with HR head and dept head.
    i was selected after completing this process.

Interview Questions
    • how to automated drag and drop actions using QTP in vbscript?   Answer Question
    they dont nagotiate. they go according to company policy