SAY Media

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at SAY Media.

Interview Details – Interview process was 2 screen calls before I was brought onsite for 5 more intereviews. I had 4 technical interviews and one with a PM to make sure I'd fit in the company culture.

Interview Question – How would you design Facebook friends feed   Answer Question

Beauty Director Interview

Beauty Director
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SAY Media in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was really impressed with the friendliness and flexibility of both the recruiter and the team with which I was interviewing. In addition to lots of positive feedback, they responded promptly throughout scheduling and follow-up. The interview itself was comfortable, relevant, and productive, feeling more like a brainstorming session than an actually job interview. I was not initially the candidate selected, and they sent me a classy and personal note letting me know how difficult the decision was and that they still wanted me to freelance with them. When the candidate who was originally selected was unable to take the position, they quickly let me know that it was still open and, after speaking with my references, made an offer the same day.

Interview Question – Among the assignments within the edit test, I was asked to edit an article so it sounded more true to the website, eliminating not only errors, but cliches and anything else undesirable. It was very challenging to make what ended up being quite a lot of changes without entirely removing the author's voice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was aware of the tight budget within which a new website has to work, but I was able to get the number I asked for, which they said was maximum they were hoping to pay for the position.

Client Service Manager Interview

Client Service Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAY Media in May 2012.

Interview Details – When I was first recruited by SAY I wasn't looking for a new postion but liked what I heard and decided to come in to chat with the Director of Client Services. After a few minutes I knew it was the job for me. Great people, great ideas and high energy. I chatted with a few other employees at SAY... other Client Service Managers, Account Executives, etc. The interviews were very honest and open - nobody made me any false statements and they were very transparent about when I would hear from them next.

Interview Question – What is the biggest mistake you ever made?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
College Park, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SAY Media in February 2012.

Interview Details – We met at the career fair and the recruiter contacted me not long after. We interviewed on Skype. It was a three one-on-one interview. The interviewers were nice and one of them explained what they wanted that I didn't get, however, it was my first ever job interview, so I couldn't really do any comparison to any other interview.

Interview Question – I'm not sure if I'm able to say the exact question but it was mostly object oriented.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SAY Media.

Interview Details – 2 in person interviews.
Response time was pretty quick in retrospect. The offer took over 2 weeks, after a verbal offer.

Interview Question – none. Though my interviewer was 20 minutes late.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They accepted my offer with a slight bump.

Media Development Manager Interview

Media Development Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SAY Media.

Interview Details – 4 interviews with various members of the Media team with an emphasis on character and fitting into company culture.

Interview Question – nothing surprising here.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Worked with a recruiter, it was very easy to negotiate, but they don't pay well.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SAY Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAY Media interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by SAY Media employees and interview candidates.