SAY Media

www.saymedia.com

SAY Media Interview Questions

3.3

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SAY Media.

Interview process was 2 screen calls before I was brought onsite for 5 more intereviews. I had 4 technical interviews and one with a PM to make sure I'd fit in the company culture.

Beauty Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SAY Media in December 2012.

I was really impressed with the friendliness and flexibility of both the recruiter and the team with which I was interviewing. In addition to lots of positive feedback, they responded promptly throughout scheduling and follow-up. The interview itself was comfortable, relevant, and productive, feeling more like a brainstorming session than an actually job interview. I was not initially the candidate selected, and they sent me a classy and personal note letting me know how difficult the decision was and that they still wanted me to freelance with them. When the candidate who was originally selected was unable to take the position, they quickly let me know that it was still open and, after speaking with my references, made an offer the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Among the assignments within the edit test, I was asked to edit an article so it sounded more true to the website, eliminating not only errors, but cliches and anything else undesirable. It was very challenging to make what ended up being quite a lot of changes without entirely removing the author's voice.   Answer Question
    I was aware of the tight budget within which a new website has to work, but I was able to get the number I asked for, which they said was maximum they were hoping to pay for the position.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SAY Media.

2 in person interviews.
    Response time was pretty quick in retrospect. The offer took over 2 weeks, after a verbal offer.

Interview Questions
    They accepted my offer with a slight bump.

Client Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAY Media in May 2012.

When I was first recruited by SAY I wasn't looking for a new postion but liked what I heard and decided to come in to chat with the Director of Client Services. After a few minutes I knew it was the job for me. Great people, great ideas and high energy. I chatted with a few other employees at SAY... other Client Service Managers, Account Executives, etc. The interviews were very honest and open - nobody made me any false statements and they were very transparent about when I would hear from them next.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SAY Media in February 2012.

We met at the career fair and the recruiter contacted me not long after. We interviewed on Skype. It was a three one-on-one interview. The interviewers were nice and one of them explained what they wanted that I didn't get, however, it was my first ever job interview, so I couldn't really do any comparison to any other interview.

Interview Questions
    • I'm not sure if I'm able to say the exact question but it was mostly object oriented.   Answer Question

Media Development Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SAY Media.

4 interviews with various members of the Media team with an emphasis on character and fitting into company culture.

Interview Questions
    Worked with a recruiter, it was very easy to negotiate, but they don't pay well.