SBM Offshore Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.7

Frontdesk Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SBM Offshore (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I found the position posted on LinkedIn, i received a quick response from the corporate recruiter and set up an phone screen followed by a in person interview. I was kept in the loop as to what was going on the entire time and I appreciated that. They also have an automated system where you can keep track of the process as well.

Interview Questions

• What is motivating my move?   1 Answer

Naval Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SBM Offshore (Houston, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

pretty simple. first phone interview and then office interview standard process. Nothing techical during the interview.

Negotiation

2 rounds

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Som Phone (Laos)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SBM Offshore (Ban Som Phone (Laos)) in August 2014.

Interview

First was a HR interview as a screen. Next level was a phone call from Oim. Or could be superintendent. There is a fixed sheet of questions for different posts. Casual and calm feel but be careful they suck you in by telling you lies.

Interview Questions

• How would you get the best out of your people   1 Answer

Negotiation

Again my inside contact have me a wage to stick to so when HR ask what you are currently making stick close to what you know. Low balled otherwise

Senior Planner/Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SBM Offshore (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by Corporate Recruiter and had an initial phone interview. It was brief and we went through my experience, what I thought working in Houston, salary expectations, etc. Then a phone interview was arranged with the department manager. It was about 30-35 minutes interview, Manager was friendly and asked me technical questions. Now I am waiting for a video interview.

Naval Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontvieille (Monaco)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SBM Offshore (Fontvieille (Monaco)).

Interview

difficult as you have to apply via the internet which lead to delays in being hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one it was take it or leave it

Cost Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontvieille (Monaco)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SBM Offshore (Fontvieille (Monaco)) in December 2010.

Interview

First step is submitting the application through the internet, then being called for half-day interviews (meeting with head of Projects, Project Manager, Head of Cost engineering and finally HR)

Negotiation

Taken all the advantages this Company provides, it's quite tough to negotiate anything more than your requested salary ! Generally a proposal is being sent to you by e-mail 2 weeks after the interview