SBM Site Services

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SBM Site Services in September 2013.

Interview Details – Through, met with senior manager first(told about responsibilities, compensation), 2nd interview met with site manager/hiring manager(talked about strengths,weakness, met with future employees).3rd met with a panel of front line managers. 4th given offer. total processes took 3 weeks.

Interview Question – How did you handle a situation when you had to deal with an employee that had english as a second language.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation opportunity.

South San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SBM Site Services in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through school career center, received an email to set up phone interview and then was scheduled for an in person interview. Pretty standard interview. Person was easy to talk to and friendly.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses? What are you looking for from a company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wasn't the type of work I was looking for.

Assistant Operations Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SBM Site Services.

Interview Details – I applied to the posting and got set up for a phone interview within a few days. The interview went very well and I was set up for an in person with a local regional manager. This was a very awkward interview that left me thinking a didn't have a shot. At the end the manager said something like "We'll try and get you in the next round of interviews in a few weeks". Not a good sign. A few days later I got a call from the initial phone interviewer that I was being offered the job.

Interview Question – There are 5 KPI's that SBM focuses on. Customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, growth, safety, and I can't remember the last one. I was asked to show an example of what each KPI means to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, there was a standard salary for the job I accepted.

Assistant Operations Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at SBM Site Services in April 2012.

Interview Details – After applying through the school, I received a phone interview with the recruiter for about 45 mins. The recruiter then set me up with an interview with a hiring manager. The manager was not ready to hire yet. Recruiter then attempted to secure me an interview with another hiring manager at a different location, the manager filled the position before I had a chance to interview. 3 months later, recruiter sets me up with another hiring manager for a 1:1 interview. Interview went well, but no offer even though the hiring manager said the interview was went very well and i was exactly what he was looking for. I wouldve had a better experience if they were more on top of things and not bounce me around between interviews.

Interview Question – What kind of business would you start if you could start a business?   Answer Question

Worked for SBM Site Services? Contribute to the Community!