SBM Site Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SBM Site Services (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn, contacted the recruiter a few times via email/phone and had two brief phone interviews with him. Created and submitted a portfolio. Interviewed just one time in person, for just one hour, with the hiring manager. Received the job offer the next day. In hindsight, since leaving the job after just a couple of months, it may have been to my benefit to interview directly with the CEO in addition to interviewing with the hiring manager. I strongly encourage anyone at the manager level or above to request to at least meet with the CEO during the interview phase; I believe I may have decided not to accept the offer, OR, I may still be there, had I met him upfront. I see now how important it is to have his buy-in.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with difficult or challenging personalities?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was sent an offer letter, and accepted the offer without negotiating.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SBM Site Services.

Interview

This was one of the strangest experiences I've ever had. I showed up to the interview, and the IT manager was pretty late. He was getting the site I'd be working on back online. You see, they had software installed on the server that would reset the machine when it would lock up. This happened often. He'd somehow tweaked things back into a running state, then called me into the interview. During the interview, the site crashed no less than 10 times. Many times I had to wait for ~5 minutes for the machine to reboot. During the interview, I was mostly asked how I would improve the UI of the site I was shown. The manager kept the sketches I did. The rest of the time was filled with crashes, talking about the company, or how the manager's experience in IT. At the end of the interview, I was asked to email him mock-ups of the sketches I'd done. I was desperate, had just moved back from Florida, and the job market was weak. I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How long do you think it would take you to get this site running without crashing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told the salary I'd be getting. I tried negotiating for more, as it was pretty much the lowest I'd take. The answer was no, but I lacked choices.

Custodian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fridley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SBM Site Services (Fridley, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

go the office to fill up the application again and brief questions about the cleaning , and sign up the background check and drug test. Then you will get hire in one week

Interview Questions

• Very simply, are you detailed ? do you know the procedure for cleaning? what you were doing in the past year? who you were working with ? all the easy questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SBM Site Services (South San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Through, met with senior manager first(told about responsibilities, compensation), 2nd interview met with site manager/hiring manager(talked about strengths,weakness, met with future employees).3rd met with a panel of front line managers. 4th given offer. total processes took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation when you had to deal with an employee that had english as a second language.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation opportunity.

Manager In Training/Assistant Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SBM Site Services (Edison, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with a Vice President of the entire east coast (found this out after I was working with the company). He asked standard questions that are usually given during the interviewing process. He also gave an overview of the position (but left out the details about the amount of manual labor a site manager would or could do).

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous management experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SBM Site Services (South San Francisco, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied through school career center, received an email to set up phone interview and then was scheduled for an in person interview. Pretty standard interview. Person was easy to talk to and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? What are you looking for from a company?   Answer Question

Wasn't the type of work I was looking for.

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SBM Site Services (Portland, OR) in February 2012.

Interview

I came to the interview 45 minutes prior to the scheduled time as I always try to be on time or early. The managers rushed through my interview in 10 minutes!!! Not very professional on their end they did not ask very many questions relating to the position of which I applied for but did explain the duties of the position.

Interview Questions

• You are used to nights aren't you?   1 Answer

I was declined by the managers

Assistant Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SBM Site Services.

Interview

I applied to the posting and got set up for a phone interview within a few days. The interview went very well and I was set up for an in person with a local regional manager. This was a very awkward interview that left me thinking a didn't have a shot. At the end the manager said something like "We'll try and get you in the next round of interviews in a few weeks". Not a good sign. A few days later I got a call from the initial phone interviewer that I was being offered the job.

Interview Questions

• There are 5 KPI's that SBM focuses on. Customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, growth, safety, and I can't remember the last one. I was asked to show an example of what each KPI means to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, there was a standard salary for the job I accepted.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at SBM Site Services in April 2012.

Interview

After applying through the school, I received a phone interview with the recruiter for about 45 mins. The recruiter then set me up with an interview with a hiring manager. The manager was not ready to hire yet. Recruiter then attempted to secure me an interview with another hiring manager at a different location, the manager filled the position before I had a chance to interview. 3 months later, recruiter sets me up with another hiring manager for a 1:1 interview. Interview went well, but no offer even though the hiring manager said the interview was went very well and i was exactly what he was looking for. I wouldve had a better experience if they were more on top of things and not bounce me around between interviews.

Interview Questions

• What kind of business would you start if you could start a business?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SBM Site Services in October 2009.

Interview

I had applied for a position and not heard anything for weeks so I emailed to follow-up. The secretary emailed me back telling me teh position was still open and to call to set up an interview. They had me drive out and spend about 45 minutes filling out paperwork. I had a one on one interview that lasted about another 45 minutes, which I thought went really well. The interviewer said he had to talk with his regional manager and I could expect a phone call in a couple days. Instead, I received an email from the secretary saying the position had been filled.