SCAN Health Plan

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at SCAN Health Plan

Manager Training and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SCAN Health Plan.

I applied for the position online and received an email from Scan's internal recruiter asking me to contact her to schedule a phone interview which I did. The phone interview happened within the week and went very well.

As I am located in NorCal and the position was in SoCal I called the recruiter during a trip to SoCal. The recruiter invited me in the next day for an in-person interview. From my perspective the interview went very well. The recruiter shared who would be the next person I would meet with and told me she would get back to me within a couple of weeks.

I sent the standard thank you email and followed up one week later expanding on a questions that was asked and reiterating my enthusiasm for the position. I did not hear back for about 3 weeks. The response I got was that I was not selected to go further in the interview process.

I kindly replied to the email thanking Scan for their consideration and requesting a short meeting with the recruiter for her advise on how I could strengthen my resume and/or interview skills for similar positions. I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • I see you have developed technical training, how does that translate to human resource classes like communication or leadership skills.   View Answer

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SCAN Health Plan in September 2011.

I was first contacted by SCAN's contracted recruiter, MedCentric. After I called SCAN to confirm that this company was in fact working on their behalf, I reluctantly completed ANOTHER online application that requested my social security No. and Cal ID.

Interview was on a Saturday and judging by the roster, they were organized and ready to do multiple interviews. In fact, my interviewer walked an applicant out and came to get me. Just an assembly. Bam, bam.

Nothing special about the interview. She was going through the motions, and so was I.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any questions? (x3)   View Answer
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with an unhappy customer where the outcome went well. Describe the situation where it did not go well.   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SCAN Health Plan in July 2011.

Process was easy and seam list.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to work overtime with no notice?   View Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer
    Asked several questions concerning working flexiable hours with needing no time off in the future months.