SCANA

4 candidate interviews

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Columbia, SC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at SCANA in May 2009.

Interview Details – The phone interview consisted of a group on a conf. phone. Questions were behavioural based, "what if", "what will", "what do". Expect very little verbal feedback which can be unnerving and does not help you open up. Also, the conference interview is difficult to hear questions, be patient and ask them to repeat if you don't understand. Have a list of questions for them because they do give you a chance to ask and evaluate you on your questions.

Hopefully I misunderstood my interviewers but it sounded like they snidely laughed at a question I posed to them. It was a normal interview question.

Interview Question – What is your experience with ________ software platforms?   View Answer

Reactor Operator Interview

Reactor Operator
Jenkinsville, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SCANA in December 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application online and was later contacted by Human Resources to set up the interview and testing dates. Was required to take a POSS aptitude test on the first day and pending successful POSS Test, then interview would happen the next day. SCANA was very flexible in testing and interview dates and willing to work with me on schedule due to me being in the Navy

Interview Question – Interview questions were very general in nature and most of them were situation based.
1) Tell me a time where you failed at your job and how you handled it as well as what you learned from it.
2) Tell me a time from your past where you were significantly challenged and what actions did you take to overcome the challenge.
  Answer Question

OD&P Specialist Interview

OD&P Specialist
Jenkinsville, SC

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at SCANA in May 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process can be rather lengthy. I found the Interviewing process to be very effective and easier than the typical interview. All of the questions were relating back to past experiences.

Interview Question – Think of a time when you saw someone working unsafely. How did you react?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Heavy Equipment Operator Interview

Heavy Equipment Operator
Columbia, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SCANA in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was told about the job opening in the department by an employee for the company. However, the website is very good about listing job openings. SCANA is a great company, and it is not hard to move within the company, so even if the job is not in your particular wheelhouse, still apply and try to move later.

Interview Question – The interview was extremely relaxed. I did not have any problems answering any question. I had no experience in equipment operation, so I was nervous when they asked about that. But, it was no problem. They trained me on every piece of equipment imaginable and trained me how to drive trucks and helped me get my CDL.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everything happened during the initial interview. I was asked what kind of money I was expecting to be paid, and I told them what I currently made. They matched that and gave me a raise soon after my hire based on my progress in learning.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SCANA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SCANA interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by SCANA employees and interview candidates.