SCANA

Updated Jan 16, 2015

2.2

Heavy Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SCANA in February 2010.

I was told about the job opening in the department by an employee for the company. However, the website is very good about listing job openings. SCANA is a great company, and it is not hard to move within the company, so even if the job is not in your particular wheelhouse, still apply and try to move later.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was extremely relaxed. I did not have any problems answering any question. I had no experience in equipment operation, so I was nervous when they asked about that. But, it was no problem. They trained me on every piece of equipment imaginable and trained me how to drive trucks and helped me get my CDL.   Answer Question
    Everything happened during the initial interview. I was asked what kind of money I was expecting to be paid, and I told them what I currently made. They matched that and gave me a raise soon after my hire based on my progress in learning.

Engineer-II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SCANA in April 2012.

Basic personality questions, they seek to find good people over technically skilled people, they typically do a phone screening first with some basic questions from your resume, the second phase of the interview is on-site with an interview panel of 3-5 people, possibly could be brought in for a third interview to meet with other members of management and future co-workers

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were faced with a situation where you were angry with someone and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation to speak of.

OD&P Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jenkinsville, SC

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at SCANA in May 2012.

Hiring process can be rather lengthy. I found the Interviewing process to be very effective and easier than the typical interview. All of the questions were relating back to past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time when you saw someone working unsafely. How did you react?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Co-op Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SCANA.

I quickly applied for an internship position, not expecting to even get a call back. However, I received an email within a week informing that I had been selected for a phone interview. The phone interview including myself and two others, but was very laid back, questions about my background of skills were asked. Once I made it through the phone interview I was offered an in person interview where I would also be given a programming aptitude test. The in person interview consisted of getting to know one other, my resume, and basically why I deserved the position. Overall, SCANA is very persistent and the people are very kind.

Interview Questions
    • The programming aptitude test was a bit difficult, but not because of the question difficulty, but because I had never taken one before and I was extremely nervous that I wouldn't pass. It was also timed which added some pressure.   View Answer
    It was an internship offering $19 an hour, which was more money than I had ever made or expected to make at an internship, so I did not negotiate.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SCANA in February 2014.

Panel interview with a bunch of experts from different offices. They asked a lot about my background and wanted to get to know me. Very typical interview with the typical "so tell me about a time when.."

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions that I remember.   Answer Question
    I don't think it was really negotiable. I didn't really try though seeing it was going to be my first engineering internship.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SCANA in April 2012.

I first applied online in early january, and didn't hear back until March. Their HR department is very slow, and things take a while to get approved in HR. I had an initial phone interview, after which I was invited back for an in person interview. It was a 3 person panel, where they posed behavioral type questions to me. Pretty standard, nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • There were not really any unexpected questions. Pretty standard. Just be prepared to explain your resume.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SCANA in May 2009.

The phone interview consisted of a group on a conf. phone. Questions were behavioural based, "what if", "what will", "what do". Expect very little verbal feedback which can be unnerving and does not help you open up. Also, the conference interview is difficult to hear questions, be patient and ask them to repeat if you don't understand. Have a list of questions for them because they do give you a chance to ask and evaluate you on your questions.

Hopefully I misunderstood my interviewers but it sounded like they snidely laughed at a question I posed to them. It was a normal interview question.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with ________ software platforms?   View Answer

Reactor Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jenkinsville, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SCANA in December 2012.

Submitted application online and was later contacted by Human Resources to set up the interview and testing dates. Was required to take a POSS aptitude test on the first day and pending successful POSS Test, then interview would happen the next day. SCANA was very flexible in testing and interview dates and willing to work with me on schedule due to me being in the Navy

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were very general in nature and most of them were situation based.
      1) Tell me a time where you failed at your job and how you handled it as well as what you learned from it.
      2) Tell me a time from your past where you were significantly challenged and what actions did you take to overcome the challenge.

Answer Question