SCC

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.2

Business Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SCC.

Process was fairly easy. Applied through a job board and it took 3 weeks to be all set. Initial phone screen followed by an on-site interview to talk more about the position

Interview Questions
    • How would you increase our sales by 200% within the next 6 months.   Answer Question

Field Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Worse thing I did was say yes to this job. As described in my reviews. Which gives a whole outline of the everyday running of the company. How the business. Is run. How they treat there employees and how they relay there instructions. Through OTL,s and callcenters. In there scc services. Romania. Branch which. Is a global. Hub for the groups. COMMUNICATIONS and logging centers as well as other actions.

Customer Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SCC in October 2014.

I attended 2 interviews, both in Cole Valley Birmingham. The first interview was with an internal recruiter, a pointless waste of time as the questions that were asked could have been made via the agency or over the phone. It felt very much like this person was just going through the motions, a typical 'screening' interview.

The second interview was more of the same, but with one or two searching questions this time. I was left with the impression that they didn't really care who they hired and were desperate for staff. I was told at both stages that SCC can be a 'difficult' place to work and I would be expected to find my own feet with little training. Once again the interview was far too easy from my experience of interviews (Ive had a few) This made me realise that something is probably wrong with staff retention and recruitment in this company.

It was obvious that both interviewers didn't seem to like being asked more than a couple of questions, this was a major red flag.

In summary I was left with a cold feeling, the place itself was depressing and the people I met seemed depressed as well (apart from the receptionist who seemed to be the only friendly / happy person I met!) Also the offices my interviews were held in were in a really poor state, it was obvious that working conditions are not great at SCC either.

I was asked back for a 3rd and final interview, by this time I had seen enough to realise that it would most likely not be the best career move and so I declined.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SCC in October 2014.

The interview was a two stage process; one with the Marketing Director and Senior Marketing Manager and the other with the Internal Recruitment Manager. The first interview was more relaxed and the initial questions I was asked instantly put me at ease. I got the impression that they wanted to know more about me than my previous employment history. However the interview with the Recruitment Manager was more in-depth. He went through my previous roles step by step, asking lots of detailed questions, and wanted to find out what I’d bring to the role and whether I’d fit in with the work culture.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question - How would your husband describe you?   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SCC in September 2014.

The job was posted on a recruitment website and therefore initial comms was done through an agent.
    The agency were very helpful and got in touch with me the day after my application.
    My first interview was held shortly after that.
    After my first interview (which I thought went well and was told I would get an answer within 2 days) I had to wait 2+ weeks to find out that I had a second interview but not for the job I had originally applied for (because this had already be taken). I wasn't told at any point during that period that the original job had gone which was a little disappointing.
    After my second interview and HR interview however communication was much better and I was told I got the job on the Thursday after my interview Tuesday morning.
    I had to write a 400 word statement on why I wanted the job after my interview during this time.

Interview Questions
    • What was the last creative thing I did?   View Answer
    There wasn't really much of a negotiation. I asked for slightly more money because I had just received a pay rise at my previous employer but it was declined.
    I accepted the position anyway because I wanted the experience.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at SCC in September 2014.

Interview via agency job based in London initial interview in Birmingham. First interview was with an internal recruiter. An almost pointless interview as the agency had covered most of the areas already. Why use an agency when you have an internal recruiter?

Interview Questions
    • Nothing of note a very bland interview. It was made clear to me that SCC was a private company and 'tough to work for". It appeared to be an attempt to scare me off!   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SCC in April 2014.

Send application and wait 2 - 3 months to be asked to attend an interview in Sparkhill, Birmingham. Interview itself doesnt last long, they expect you to want to work for them and will have an internal recruiter run the entire interview (dont expect the hiring manager to say much and dont expect any technical questions as the hiring mager isnt technical either).

Interview Questions
    • SCC has a staff retention problem and will want to work hard to understand your reasons for having more than one job in your entire career...   View Answer

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iaşi (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iaşi (Romania)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SCC.

Standard. Nothing anusual

Interview Questions
    • Doesn't apply because they are more in to money and they talk anout themselves in order to make you understand what a big opportunity they give in working with them   Answer Question
    Nothing. I expressed my expectations and I did not moved ;)

Config Engineer Interview

simple one 2 one interview

Solution Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SCC.

The interview was a two stage process involving a telephone session and a 1:1 with the hiring manager, followed by a 1:1 with his "top" architect. The tone of the 1:1 interview was quite "you need us more than we need you" - I decided not to proceed with the remainder of the interview and hiring process because of this so cannot comment further.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would publish storage over the internet.   View Answer