SCI

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Interview

Administrative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SCI.

Interview Details – Hiring process seemed a bit outdated, a lot of paperwork and it took weeks to get my logon credentials set up. The interview was good, my manager asked questions relevant to the role and responded well to my feedback/responses.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Family Service Counselor

I applied online and interviewed at SCI.

Interview Details – I was called the same day I applied. Sales manager was a person I really wanted to work for. Job sounded perfect for my skill set/experience. Emphasis on service families well, but also able to ask the big question.

Negotiation Details – They offered me the standard package: commission with a minimum wage guarantee, take it or leave it

Houston, TX

I applied through other source - interviewed at SCI in March 2010.

Interview Details – Lots of screening including a drug test

Interview Question – Do you mind working for minimum wage plus commissions?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SCI in June 2010.

Interview Details – very easy. just be yourself.

Interview Question – Questions regarding death care choices   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, hired after two interviews

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SCI in January 2009.

Interview Details – typical phone screen then 2 interviews.

Interview Question – easy interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Very Easy Interview

IT Software Developer Interview

IT Software Developer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SCI in September 2011.

Interview Details – Was very disappointing. I had heard before i went into the interview that politics were fearce at SCI especially in IT but of course in an interview there is no way to detemine that. During the interview the interviewees seemed to not really know what the position would require or what I would really be doing. I didn't like the vagueness of accepting a job that I would not understand my role. The Director studdard throughout the interview. I just didn't get a good feeling for working at SCI.

Interview Question – They seemed to dwell on how long candidates have been out work. I didn't see the point since today that is very commonplace and I have many IT Colleagues which have been laid off.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Several recruiters told me that SCI "hires and fires" very easily, usually based on politics. Also I was told by several recruiting companies that with more people going with cremations that SCI's profit margin is quickly dwindling. With all that it just didn't appear to be a sound place to work.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Houston, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SCI in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very through process and allows you to see behind the doors. People are very friendly and probably a good place to work.

Interview Question – Why do you want to want in the funeral business?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SCI in February 2010.

Interview Details – A phone interview with HR manager. Quite a lot behavior questions. took about 50 mins. Qs like how do you know about SCI and its performance, which supervisor you like / dislike, what kind of working environment you look for, what are your specialties...

Interview Questions

Family Service Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SCI.

Interview Details – Be prapared for the process to take a long time

Logistics Analyst Interview

Logistics Analyst

Interviewed at SCI

Interview Details – initial screening was not professional

Interview Question – what type of personality   Answer Question

Worked for SCI? Contribute to the Community!