SCO Family of Services

Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at SCO Family of Services

Residential Support Counselor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SCO Family of Services.

I felt the interview process went well. Everyone was kind and welcoming.I was glad to know that they were interested in knowing what my personal interests and life goals were. I have been on many interviews in my life and I felt that acknowledging potential employee's goals is important. As a counselor, we are there to set an example for these young girls. Help them find their place in the world and if we lack personal goals how could we help then achieve?

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what my personal goals are for my life and why. I was also asked what personal hobbies I have.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation phase. I accepted the position because I want to contribute in helping these young girls.

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SCO Family of Services.

They hire out of desperation because of the revolving door. People don't stay long term in case work. They make promises they know they can't keep during the hiring process. They do not hire based on credentials.

Interview Questions
    • Why wouldn't you invest in the case work when case workers do the most important job with the population we serve?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, just promises [like room to advance to higher pay scales quickly] because they knew the salary was not competitive.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SCO Family of Services.

Took a long time to get back to me about coming in for an interview. Everyone was all over the place. They like to do a lot of group interviews. So be prepared for that process.

There was no negotiation phase. I was like, "this is what I have and would you like it."

ICC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SCO Family of Services in December 2011.

Called in for two interviews. Filled out application, answered clinical essay questions and application. The process was very quick and within a few days I was offered the job and sent to be fingerprinted.

Interview Questions
    • None. They were all basic for an LMSW. Most employees are not licensed.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. They just offered and I accepted out of desperation.

Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at SCO Family of Services in July 2010.

2 interviews, standard questions that did not specifically relate to the job I was applying for. I don't like group interviews. It saves HR time but makes people uncomfortable.