SCVNGR Customer Relations for LevelUp Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Customer Relations for LevelUp Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SCVNGR (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted by a recruiter via email 4 days later. An initial phone screening/interview was set up for the following day. It lasted about 20 minutes and was pretty typical - tell me about yourself, what do you do outside of work, why are you interested in LevelUp. It was fast paced and went smoothly. A few days later I was contacted to set up an in-person interview for the following week. The interview was referred to as "The Challenge", in which I had to begin the interview acting as a LevelUp rep and sell the idea to a local business of my choice. It was a bit nerve racking but I think went very well, overall. The pitch was given to 3 employees and they all had their own questions to ask about my pitch, as if they were acting like the business I had chosen. Once the pitch was over (about 5-10 min) they followed up by asking about my employment background and why I was interested in working at LevelUp. The interview was short, concise, and very friendly.

I must note that it is important for you to show your true personality at all times. They want to hire you for YOU and that is evident. It's a laid back office with a fun, but hard working staff. Go in prepared to self yourself 100%, in addition to knowing anything and everything about LevelUp.

The reviews on here made me a bit unsure about what I was getting into. Although I can't speak with the experience as a current or former employee, it does seem to me that they are restructuring things with an aggressive focus on LevelUp, as opposed to LevelUp and SCVNGR. Some issues may still be valid, but based on the research I've done on the company, visiting the office, and experiencing the environment first hand, I am hopeful about getting a call back. If not, just chalk it up to interview practice!

Interview Questions

• How can LevelUp not charge for payment transactions?   Answer Question
  • What other companies around me are using LevelUp? (around the vicinity of the chosen business used in mock pitch)   Answer Question