SCVNGR

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Rockstar

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SCVNGR in March 2012.

Interview Details – initial phone interview asking about yourself and why you want to work there. then a 5 min sales pitch on the level up product.

Sales Rockstar

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SCVNGR in April 2012.

Interview Details – After applying for the position through my college's Career Services website, I relieved an e-mail response scheduling a phone interview within the week. After a half-hour conversation on a weekday morning, I received a negative response via e-mail six days later.

Sales Rockstar

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SCVNGR in November 2011.

Interview Details – The process started with a cursory phone interview that asked about me, my previous job, why I wanted to work for them, etc. Next was a five minute presentation pitching their LevelUp product. This was done over Skype with them pretending to be a business and me the sales person. It went okay and I was asked to do a one on one with the COO. This is where things started getting shifty. 5 minutes before the agreed upon time, I was emailed and told that the COO would not be able to make the interview and that it would need to be rescheduled. Okay, cool, the 1:1 gets rescheduled and I get to meet the COO. He isn't very personable. He asks only one question, actually more of a statement, "tell me about yourself." I do that and he's like ok I just wanted to put a face to the name and blah blah blah, I ask some good questions, he gives perfunctory answers, and the interviews ends. I get an email from the recruiter saying they'll be in touch after the weekend which never happens. I send a follow up email asking about my status only because I was explicitly told I would be contacted and this email too gets ignored. Very unimpressed with this company's interview process and cannot root for their success. Lots of companies do what they do, hopefully someone will do it better. I felt like this entire process was a waste of everyone's time.

Sales Rockstar

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SCVNGR in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted initially for a short phone interview which was fairly easy. Next, I was given the task of creating a 5 minute sales pitch to present via Skype. I passed this portion and I felt a really great vibe with the company and its culture.The people I interviewed in this session were very positive, passionate, and were eager to help with questions I had regarding their work and the job itself. However, my interview with a top executive(who I shall not name) was where my good vibes about the company wore off.

I had a personal Skype interview with this executive and he was 15 minutes late. When I was finally contacted, there was no apology given and I felt like he was already in a bad mood.However, I hoped that this wouldn't affect my interview. I tried to maintain a positive attitude though and talked about my background and discussed topics that he wanted to know about. However, when I asked questions about the company he was very elusive, "short", and didn't seem to be too involved. The interview felt very one-sided. For example, when I asked "How were your first few weeks with the company"...he simply said "Well it was just me and Seth (the CEO)" and that was it.....

When I later asked about revenue goals near the end, he gave me vague points but not actual monetary goals. Basically, when I tried to find out more information in terms of anything monetary, It felt like I was digging into something I should not be? It felt weird, especially for this position, for the company to be so vague on financial goals and current financial models. During the interview, the video on his end froze while he was talking and when I noted this and politely asked if he could perhaps repeat his response, he simply said "I can see you fine, I don't know why it would have frozen" and kept talking not really caring if I heard his prior response. My passion for the company thinned when I couldn't even get simple questions answered without receiving overly short answers and/or snark.

At the end of the interview, I felt that maybe he was testing me and I'd get an offer? I didn't but I hope that I was taken out of the running because my skills didn't match and not because of something superficial.However, my gut feeling is saying that maybe he just didn't like me or something happened right before my interview to receive such unprofessional behavior.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me About Yourself.   View Answer
  • What Makes Scvngr different from our competitors and why do you want to work here versus them?   View Answer

Worked for SCVNGR? Contribute to the Community!