SDL Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SDL in March 2015.

Interview

Overall good; well coordinated with timely follow up by HR. Impressive team I spoke with, they were very genuine at every step. Started with the hiring manager first, then team, followed by the executive leadership. Engaging dialog helped to determine that this was not the best fit for us both.

Interview Questions

• What do I understand about solution selling?   1 Answer

Localisation Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Superior, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SDL (Superior, CO).

Interview

Disorganized. Interview was conducted by a few people who clearly never conducted interview's before. It seemed like no one was expecting me there and the person who was supposed to conduct the interview was busy. The interview seemed to be questions that they quickly googled before walking into the room.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

make certain this is the industry you want to work in before accepting.

Social Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SDL.

Interview

Online application and short one hour in perseon interview

Interview Questions

• Overall, easy questions. A few research based questions on how comfortable you are with ambiguity in data and how to think about social   Answer Question

Negotiation

Sdl does not value its employees, so the offer was far below industry standards.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SDL.

Interview

It was a straightforward Interview for the Position of QA analyst. Phone interview was conducted by the hiring manager for about 1 hour after 1 week of applying. The interview was mostly technical and job history related. There were some trick questions. I was called for person to person interview after a week. the interviewers asked me to write SQL queries and use Whiteboard to explain previous projects etc.

Interview Questions

• how do you measure the height of a 509Meter pole in a vacuum with a ball and Stopwatch?   1 Answer

Associate Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SDL.

Interview

Interview felt more like a presentation

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at SDL (Superior, CO).

Interview

Speak languages other than English, contact recruiter, take a test, interview, training, and you are set to go once a project with your language comes

Interview Questions

• being able to speak other languages (having mother tongue)   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Superior, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at SDL (Superior, CO) in November 2012.

Interview

It was very long process....started in November with start date in April. Not much communication, but found out after hiring process that executive was fired in December and office was starting over. Interview panel was made up of people who had no sales background and really just focused on my fit in culture, but not my fit for success.

Interview Questions

• Team was not skilled at interviewing sales people so there were no questions that were not expected. Nothing that I would consider "difficult".   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Superior, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SDL (Superior, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

Was contacted directly through CU Career Services by HR representative. Interviewed twice over the phone, was then brought in for a first-round interview with an Associate Project Manager. This was the most candid interview, he provided the most information about the daily activities and the most common frustrations with the job. Also he gave a lot of information about the workplace environment. Didn't review my resume before the interview, and barely asked me any questions. Came in for second in-person interview with the Program Manager--this was the most formal interview by far. To be honest, it seemed like she didn't have much time for the interview and she asked very few questions. Was mostly informational to make fill in any gaps that weren't on the resume.

Interview Questions

• Asked about how to deal with disagreements with upper management. (not a very hard interview, as you can see).   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Attempted to appeal for a higher position--but being right out of college, that wasn't an option. The hourly was also not negotiable.

Project Manager - Localization Interview

Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SDL (Superior, CO).

Interview

Sent in a resume through my Uni's Career Services. Called the HR manager and he arranged an interview. Drove over an hour to get to interview and was treated very unprofessionally. First, given exam to take (which was very easy). Then had an interview with project manager who appeared to be very disinterested and dressed unprofessionally. We chatted for about 30 minutes with standard interview questions but deflected any questions regarding what I need to do for next steps in the process. She looked for another person to do interviews but they were all doing invoices. It seemed very disorganized. I haven't heard back from the company since, even after follow-up emails and calls. The HR manager seems to have disappeared off the planet.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SDL (Superior, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

Had initial phone interview, basic questions about the company and background. Then had interview in which I spoke with several team leads one on one over the course of an hour. Asked questions about my project management experience, comfort with multi-tasking, etc.