SDL

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Superior, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at SDL in November 2012.

Interview Details – It was very long process....started in November with start date in April. Not much communication, but found out after hiring process that executive was fired in December and office was starting over. Interview panel was made up of people who had no sales background and really just focused on my fit in culture, but not my fit for success.

Interview Question – Team was not skilled at interviewing sales people so there were no questions that were not expected. Nothing that I would consider "difficult".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Localisation Project Manager Interview

Localisation Project Manager
Superior, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SDL.

Interview Details – Disorganized. Interview was conducted by a few people who clearly never conducted interview's before. It seemed like no one was expecting me there and the person who was supposed to conduct the interview was busy. The interview seemed to be questions that they quickly googled before walking into the room.

Interview Question – Are you able to handle stress well   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – make certain this is the industry you want to work in before accepting.

Social Research Analyst Interview

Social Research Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at SDL.

Interview Details – Online application and short one hour in perseon interview

Interview Question – Overall, easy questions. A few research based questions on how comfortable you are with ambiguity in data and how to think about social   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Sdl does not value its employees, so the offer was far below industry standards.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Superior, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SDL in October 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted directly through CU Career Services by HR representative. Interviewed twice over the phone, was then brought in for a first-round interview with an Associate Project Manager. This was the most candid interview, he provided the most information about the daily activities and the most common frustrations with the job. Also he gave a lot of information about the workplace environment. Didn't review my resume before the interview, and barely asked me any questions. Came in for second in-person interview with the Program Manager--this was the most formal interview by far. To be honest, it seemed like she didn't have much time for the interview and she asked very few questions. Was mostly informational to make fill in any gaps that weren't on the resume.

Interview Question – Asked about how to deal with disagreements with upper management. (not a very hard interview, as you can see).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Attempted to appeal for a higher position--but being right out of college, that wasn't an option. The hourly was also not negotiable.

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Superior, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SDL.

Interview Details – Speak languages other than English, contact recruiter, take a test, interview, training, and you are set to go once a project with your language comes

Interview Question – being able to speak other languages (having mother tongue)   Answer Question

Project Manager - Localization Interview

Project Manager - Localization
Superior, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at SDL.

Interview Details – Sent in a resume through my Uni's Career Services. Called the HR manager and he arranged an interview. Drove over an hour to get to interview and was treated very unprofessionally. First, given exam to take (which was very easy). Then had an interview with project manager who appeared to be very disinterested and dressed unprofessionally. We chatted for about 30 minutes with standard interview questions but deflected any questions regarding what I need to do for next steps in the process. She looked for another person to do interviews but they were all doing invoices. It seemed very disorganized. I haven't heard back from the company since, even after follow-up emails and calls. The HR manager seems to have disappeared off the planet.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

PM Interview

PM
Superior, CO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at SDL in September 2009.

Interview Details – I had to take an IQ test on site. It was on paper and included business terms as well as typical IQ stuff. I only had one panel interview and was asked typical interview questions--nothing that stood out as weird. I found out though later that a lot was said about the company turned out to not be true.

Interview Questions

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SDL in August 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for job position online although the job description was vague i.e. do you enjoy working in a team, enjoy working with clients etc. Disconnect between HR and actual interviewer. Several interviewees did 1:1 interviews in the hallway because a room had not been arranged to conduct interviews. Was not interviewed by right interviewer i.e. interviewer who already had my resume had been given another candidate. After interview process, did not bring to our attention the interview process to all of the interviewees until much later.

Interview Question – Describe your work experience?   Answer Question

Localization Engineer Interview

Localization Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at SDL.

Interview Details – 3-4 round of interview. Apti, technical round, phone call round, hr and manager.technical round question might be or will be on html and xml in depth.they will ask about your project details and area of interest.

Interview Question – if u don't know about localization engineer then aptitude test will be difficult   Answer Question

Senior UI Developer Interview

Senior UI Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SDL in February 2014.

Interview Details – 3 rounds .
1st round Mock ups and design. We have to develop the mock ups as per the designs

If you have developed mock up's well based on that they will ask. If your html's and css is good they will only ask javascript questions

2nd round Technical question.
What is Strict?
What is pseudo classes ?
What is delegate?
What is prototype?
HOw do you create a plugins?
Single page architecture
Iframe pro's and con's

3rd round (Managerial round)
about the company
your interests
hobbies
where do u see yourself in next three years

Interview Question – Why does google uses iframes.?
Explain gmail (mobile app) architecture ?
Why does google support iframes?
  Answer Question

Worked for SDL? Contribute to the Community!