SDL Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SDL.

Interview

First there is a phone call to check some details in my resume. And there is a technical test following. The topic of the technical test is come from their senior software developer. It's about 3 hours for you to program a console which used to load and process huge data.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SDL (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview was 'interesting'. It was more of a get to know you. A wide variety of personalities but they seem to be nice. One person wanted me to 'convince' the person of a technology and show why/where/how I would use it. I was not so convince about the company, the challenges it would bring and the career growth to expect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SDL (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. First, they made a phone call to know about details on your resume. Second, They gave you a problem to program in three hours. They they will call you ask about your program later. Then an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SDL in March 2015.

Interview

Overall good; well coordinated with timely follow up by HR. Impressive team I spoke with, they were very genuine at every step. Started with the hiring manager first, then team, followed by the executive leadership. Engaging dialog helped to determine that this was not the best fit for us both.

Interview Questions

• What do I understand about solution selling?   1 Answer

SDL Response

Aug 7, 2015 – Global Head of HR and Employee Experience

thank you. I am glad you had a positive experience with SDL. Hopefully our paths cross again when the fit is there. Regards Roddy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SDL (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for a position and received an email to setup a walk-through-the-resume, get-to-know-you interview. After the phone interview, there was a programming test that was pretty challenging. After that, I had a on-site fullday of interviews. It ended up being 30-45 minute interviews with 7 people. It was pretty scary at first, but the interviewers are pretty friendly and engaging. The interview day was a great way to share my skills and experience while also getting to know the work environment, the employees, and the projects on which they worked.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the programming test and the solution I submitted. They asked me about why I made certain design choices, especially in terms of speed and efficiency. They also asked me about my background and some of my interesting classes and software projects. They also asked me to answer a few programming questions by whiteboarding some code. There were also a few questions on probability and statistics.   2 Answers

Localisation Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Superior, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SDL (Superior, CO).

Interview

Disorganized. Interview was conducted by a few people who clearly never conducted interview's before. It seemed like no one was expecting me there and the person who was supposed to conduct the interview was busy. The interview seemed to be questions that they quickly googled before walking into the room.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

make certain this is the industry you want to work in before accepting.

Social Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SDL.

Interview

Online application and short one hour in perseon interview

Interview Questions

• Overall, easy questions. A few research based questions on how comfortable you are with ambiguity in data and how to think about social   Answer Question

Negotiation

Sdl does not value its employees, so the offer was far below industry standards.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SDL.

Interview

It was a straightforward Interview for the Position of QA analyst. Phone interview was conducted by the hiring manager for about 1 hour after 1 week of applying. The interview was mostly technical and job history related. There were some trick questions. I was called for person to person interview after a week. the interviewers asked me to write SQL queries and use Whiteboard to explain previous projects etc.

Interview Questions

• how do you measure the height of a 509Meter pole in a vacuum with a ball and Stopwatch?   1 Answer

Associate Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SDL.

Interview

Interview felt more like a presentation

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at SDL (Superior, CO).

Interview

Speak languages other than English, contact recruiter, take a test, interview, training, and you are set to go once a project with your language comes

Interview Questions

• being able to speak other languages (having mother tongue)   Answer Question