SEB AB Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2014
Updated May 6, 2014

2.8

Controller (Trainee) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SEB AB.

Step one is a phone interview with questions about your life, choice of university, why you want to work at SEB etc.. The second process is an open house where you will conduct an analytical test (mensa style) and have and interview with questions focused on your leadership abilities. The next step would have been a large personality test containing around 600 questions, and a final interview. You will also be asked to show them your criminal record.

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vilnius (Lithuania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vilnius (Lithuania)

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at SEB AB in August 2012.

Came trough three steps of of interviewing: HR company general interview, along with some standard tests, then couple of job interviews from the associated HR person in company, and during last interview there was another person from the department the position was in.

Overall the organization was pretty professional, and smooth. They were really advertising their "Most wanted Lithuanian Employer" status whole time.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult technical of job related questions, they had some questions after the background check.   Answer Question

Offer was basically the same I was getting at the time, and they were not willing to negotiate, they have (had) a preset salaries (or tight ranges) and were not in the position to make a better offer.
    Also there was a requirement to get training for 2 months abroad (Sweden) witch was not an option for me at the time.

Banking Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SEB AB in December 2010.

I was initially excited to get an email inviting me to an interview. However, it ended at that.

I replied to the email, directly to the HR coordinator. Nothing. Followed up with a phone call. Nothing. Emailed again. Nothing. This went on for weeks.

I finally got in touch with her. She seemed annoyed. This was odd, considering she had initially asked me for the interview in the first place.

I went to the interview and I felt it was a bit hostile. They had prior access to my bg and resume, and still seemed to be a bit unsure about if I was even qualified to be interviewing with them. Further, the person interviewing me had a very low-level degree from a below average school. My degree is very advanced from a high-level school. I don't know if this made her annoyed, or unable to gauge my skills, but it seemed odd to me that such a well-regarded bank would have someone without a basic understanding of the position they are hiring for to make such important assessments. It was as if an experienced Harvard MBA were to be interviewed by someone who studied for two years at a junior college. It was really, really weird.

I felt bad because I am sure there are many qualified applicants being overlooked because the wrong people are doing the hiring. If I was a senior executive at this bank, I would make darn sure I knew what the junior HR people are doing (besides giving the company a potentially bad name).

Loan Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gothenburg (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gothenburg (Sweden)

The process took a dayinterviewed at SEB AB in January 2009.

I got contacted by email and then I was assesed in group interview. each interview consisted of seven members and two interviewer. We were interviewed approximately 6 rounds. then we was invited to 1:1 interview at the office. The interview was very easy and did not consist of any brainteaser nor competency tests.

Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SEB AB in October 2008.

I knew the executives from before, so very informal.

Interview Questions
    • Would creating a commodities fund be a good idea these days?   Answer Question