SEC Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Honors College Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SEC in March 2011.

I applied for the position in January through my Career Center's site, and I got an email for the hiring manager in early March. The manager scheduled a phone interview, which consisted of mostly behavioral questions. After the interview was over, the manager recommended me to come in for an on-site interview. It took a week after the phone interview before I was contacted to come in.

Interview Questions

Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SEC in April 2009.

Sat me in the conference room with the person who would be my supervisor and a person who currently holds the same job for which I was applying. Asked some general personality and interest questions to start. Then went through resume and asked me to elaborate on areas that were relevant to reviewing company financial information. The process was fairly painless but this was just a summer job so the stakes for them were relatively low.

Interview Questions
    • Explain in detail a case or time you were reviewing a company's financial records.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Worked for SEC? Contribute to the Community!