SEDC Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.5

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SEDC.

Interview

Had 1 phone interview and 2 in-person interviews.

Seems like there isn't a lot of communication. The time frame of when I was told, both from the interviewers and HR, that I would hear back didn't fit the time that I was contacted. I kept following-up, or else I think they would have taken longer.

Phone interview was simple and really short (<30 minutes). It was to go over our resume to understand it a bit better, and to see if you really do fit the position. They also tell you a little bit about the position. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview shortly after. I had a similar experience as another anonymous post about picking an interview time, but not getting confirmation sometimes until the day of. But, I assumed it was settled and I kept following-up, even right before the interview to make sure I should still go in.

First in-person interview was with a panel. I think it went well and it lasted almost an hour.

I was very surprised to get a 2nd in-person interview, since I thought I was done. The interviewer didn't know either that I had previously been interviewed. That told me that either this was a very separate interview since it was a different department, or that there is no communication at all within the company and HR. The interview lasted about an hour as well, and I also thought it went well. The interviewer told me that he is quick with feedback and decisions.

However, after that interview, it took another 2 weeks with me following-up to finally get an email that I didn't get the offer. I was really confused since I thought it all went very well, and I seemed to get along with all of the very friendly interviewers. It took them a long time between each step too, even though I was told that I would hear back within a week. I sometimes wouldn't get a reply with an update either.

I thought everybody I met was very pleasant, and their company culture seemed like they were all like a family who really cared about each other. I think it would be a nice place to work at, with the company always growing and putting in training for their employees. However, the only thing that I was disappointed about was how long the process and (mislead) wait time was. I felt like I was kept dragging along, as they kept my hopes up with how well I got along with the interviewers, and the fact that I kept being called in for more interviews. I think the problem in the end may have been just that I was overqualified, which would have been nice to know was a factor impending my offer during either the interviews or follow-up emails.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SEDC (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

They start off with a phone call asking about you general background and skill set. They will ask you to review the experiences from your resume and ask you about salary. It took awhile to get feedback from my initial phone call, but the Recruiter mentioned that the hiring manager was out of town and may be slow to provide feedback. About 2 weeks later I had a phone interview with department manager. It was about a 45 minute conversation. They went into full detail about the role and what they expected from the individual they were hiring. A week later I had my in-person interview and met with a number of people from the team. They asked some technical questions and some personality questions. They were very open and did not sugar coat any details about the job. They mentioned that this was not going to be a typical 9-5 position and that it would require a lot of learning and commitment.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few technical questions that I was unsure of because I had been out of the market for a couple of years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a salary that was within the range I had given them.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SEDC (Dunwoody, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

Everyone was very nice and described the company in glowing terms. I was walked around the office. I was shown the gym and the break room.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. A salary was included in the offer letter.

Billing Software Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at SEDC.

Interview

fairly straight forward with a skills test and a small panel interview

Billing Product Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SEDC (Atlanta, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

Very simple. A pre screen call was given by someone in HR. I was then told they would forward my information to the hiring managers. If I fit the qualifications, I'd be scheduled for a second interview. The second interview was a phone that lasted 2 hours. Nice gentleman, laid back, explained the company and the position. I was then asked questions based on my past experience. They then walked me around displaying the premises. I then sat and met with others from various other departments and teams after which the interview was ended. I received a call back in a week.

General Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at SEDC (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

Initial interviews are done by HR on the telephone and are just a pre-screen.
    If you pass this interview, you are invited in for on-site.
    On-site you meet with several department members and HR. If you're being cosidered for a software development role. Expect a really hard grill on skills.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for Managers who don't really know how to intervew, especially for technical positions.   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at SEDC.

Interview

Received email from HR to schedule for phone interview in a week. The interview with Human Resources took 15 minutes,It was a review of resume. I was asked about 1) the reason I wanted the new job 2) willing to relocate 3) Expected salary 4) Whether I had techniacl analythical background

Product Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SEDC.

Interview

Interview with 3 people

Interview Questions

• Interviewers were the ones who were talking the whole time. Some interviewers are not even managers / supervisors   1 Answer