SEDC

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.8

Entry-Level Software Design Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SEDC.

Had 1 phone interview and 2 in-person interviews.

Seems like there isn't a lot of communication. The time frame of when I was told, both from the interviewers and HR, that I would hear back didn't fit the time that I was contacted. I kept following-up, or else I think they would have taken longer.

Phone interview was simple and really short (<30 minutes). It was to go over our resume to understand it a bit better, and to see if you really do fit the position. They also tell you a little bit about the position. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview shortly after. I had a similar experience as another anonymous post about picking an interview time, but not getting confirmation sometimes until the day of. But, I assumed it was settled and I kept following-up, even right before the interview to make sure I should still go in.

First in-person interview was with a panel. I think it went well and it lasted almost an hour.

I was very surprised to get a 2nd in-person interview, since I thought I was done. The interviewer didn't know either that I had previously been interviewed. That told me that either this was a very separate interview since it was a different department, or that there is no communication at all within the company and HR. The interview lasted about an hour as well, and I also thought it went well. The interviewer told me that he is quick with feedback and decisions.

However, after that interview, it took another 2 weeks with me following-up to finally get an email that I didn't get the offer. I was really confused since I thought it all went very well, and I seemed to get along with all of the very friendly interviewers. It took them a long time between each step too, even though I was told that I would hear back within a week. I sometimes wouldn't get a reply with an update either.

I thought everybody I met was very pleasant, and their company culture seemed like they were all like a family who really cared about each other. I think it would be a nice place to work at, with the company always growing and putting in training for their employees. However, the only thing that I was disappointed about was how long the process and (mislead) wait time was. I felt like I was kept dragging along, as they kept my hopes up with how well I got along with the interviewers, and the fact that I kept being called in for more interviews. I think the problem in the end may have been just that I was overqualified, which would have been nice to know was a factor impending my offer during either the interviews or follow-up emails.

Senior Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SEDC in August 2014.

This company seemed to be confused and disorganized from the get go not only in IT but HR. My interaction started with an HR person who seemed to have fallen asleep in meeting planning 101. She offered me a choice of interview times which I picked from and responded then she replied that should work but wait for her confirmation which never came. So on the day of the unconfirmed interview she calls and asks if I will be there at the specific time. Since it was unconfirmed I had scheduled someone else into that time slot. So she wanted to reschedule and at long last she proved she could get the confirmation right and the appointment was set. So I arrive and am told my contact was out and another HR rep would assist. So I go to the interview and did not think it went well because the were talking about a different position entirely from the one I applied for. Once again they drop the ball. So I come out of the interview and HR wants to talk to me. Which is strange because like I said the interview did not go so well. The HR rep asks if I am still interested and I say yes just to see what crazy BS is going on. She says they want me to come back and meet the team and she would schedule it. So this is about 2 weeks later and no response. I tried contacting them to no avail. Not sure if this place is just a very uncoordinated or if they just have issues with dealing with people honestly. Either way it did not say good things about this company in my mind. So if you are looking for what appears to be a company with monumental communication issues I think this is for you but saddle up cause it may be a bumpy ride. They really do seem to have poor HR practices here and I expect a revolving door.

Look elsewhere there are plenty of IT jobs and this place seemed to have issues plus their rating on Glassdoor.com is really not so good and perhaps it worked out for the best...

Interview Questions
    • This place has bunches of piddly tech questions.   View Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SEDC in July 2014.

They start off with a phone call asking about you general background and skill set. They will ask you to review the experiences from your resume and ask you about salary. It took awhile to get feedback from my initial phone call, but the Recruiter mentioned that the hiring manager was out of town and may be slow to provide feedback. About 2 weeks later I had a phone interview with department manager. It was about a 45 minute conversation. They went into full detail about the role and what they expected from the individual they were hiring. A week later I had my in-person interview and met with a number of people from the team. They asked some technical questions and some personality questions. They were very open and did not sugar coat any details about the job. They mentioned that this was not going to be a typical 9-5 position and that it would require a lot of learning and commitment.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a few technical questions that I was unsure of because I had been out of the market for a couple of years.   Answer Question
    They offered me a salary that was within the range I had given them.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SEDC in December 2013.

Everyone was very nice and described the company in glowing terms. I was walked around the office. I was shown the gym and the break room.

Interview Questions
    No. A salary was included in the offer letter.

Billing Software Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at SEDC.

fairly straight forward with a skills test and a small panel interview

General Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source – interviewed at SEDC in September 2011.

Initial interviews are done by HR on the telephone and are just a pre-screen.
    If you pass this interview, you are invited in for on-site.
    On-site you meet with several department members and HR. If you're being cosidered for a software development role. Expect a really hard grill on skills.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for Managers who don't really know how to intervew, especially for technical positions.   View Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at SEDC.

Received email from HR to schedule for phone interview in a week. The interview with Human Resources took 15 minutes,It was a review of resume. I was asked about 1) the reason I wanted the new job 2) willing to relocate 3) Expected salary 4) Whether I had techniacl analythical background

Product Support Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SEDC.

Interview with 3 people

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers were the ones who were talking the whole time. Some interviewers are not even managers / supervisors   View Answer