SEGA of America

SEGA of America Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at SEGA of America

Associate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SEGA of America in February 2013.

applied a day after the position was posted on their website - received an e-mail to set up a phone interview a week later. Phone interview scheduled for the following week. Took a week after phone interview to learn I wasn't going to interview in person.

Interview Questions
    • "name 3 negative things your previous employer would say about you;"   Answer Question

Associate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at SEGA of America in February 2013.

Went through two phone interviews that were pretty straight forward, with a few technical questions such as "what is indemnification" and "explain the difference between patents, copyrights, and trademarks."

Then had a 3 hour on-site interview where I met with 6 people and all questions were pretty expected.

Interview Questions
    • This wasn't really a question but a hypothetical that I had to work through. They gave a fake contract I had to go through and explain what I would add or what other information I would want to know.   Answer Question

Director of Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SEGA of America.

I was hired laterally and did not go through a typical interview process, but internally, I interviewed with the President and other senior executives.

Interview Questions
    There was no movement on their part. The offer was very firm.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SEGA of America in January 2010.

Initial communication included a short test to qualify for a phone interview. The next steps were closely planned out and included a sit down interview with Lead Testers and their assistant tester. The Lead Tester was very relaxed and seemed to enjoy the interview process as well as getting to know the candidate. The culture appeared low-key and welcoming of all types of professionals.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question occurred when asked if I had ever lied to a co-worker/employer.   Answer Question
    Little room for negotiation

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SEGA of America in October 2009.

Phone interview with a contract agency first, then after proceeding there was a one-on-one with a supervisor. Finally, there was a group interview that doubled as an orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Writing a sample bug report and test case with no context or prompt.   Answer Question
    Nothing. I was given a wage and schedule, take it or leave it.