SEI Investments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internal Account Executive Advisor Network Interview

Internal Account Executive Advisor Network
Oaks, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview Details – 20 Minute Phone Screen - Talked through my resume and received a more detailed description of what the position entailed

Interview - Went in to their campus and had three separate interviews with two Internal Account Executives and then the Head of Sales.

Interview Question – A role playing scenario where I was asked to sell the interviewer a pen that was lying on the desk.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant
Oaks, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview Details – A recruiter reached out to me and asked if I was interested in the position. I went through a phone interview and then an office interview with 3 supervisors. The recruiter asked what my salary expectations were before the office interview and then told me what the salary would be and asked if it was okay. The salary is way below the industry average, but the company culture is innovative and awesome.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Every Fund Accountant starts with $35,000.

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

Interviewed at SEI Investments

Interview Details – The interviews were fairly straight forward but i had to go through alot to get the postion. HR is a little disorganized and doesn't really seem to concerned with new hires

Internal Account Executive Advisor Network Interview

Internal Account Executive Advisor Network
Oaks, PA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at SEI Investments in March 2014.

Interview Details – Had 6 (yes six) interviews over the course of the day, 3 with junior associates, 2 with seniors, and then another junior after the director got pulled into a meeting. The interviews themselves were okay, but having six was just extremely repetitive. I found myself sharing the same background info ad nauseam and asking the same questions and getting the same answers. After the day I was told I'd hear back in a week or so. I never heard back. Nothing, despite numerous attempts contacting the recruiter. Very unprofessional process and organization.

Interview Question – What would your girlfriend's mother day about you? (No seriously, they asked that)   Answer Question

Cash Analyst Interview

Cash Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview Details – I went through a job agency. The interview was schedule at 10.30. I waited in the lobby for 15 minutes before somebody came downstairs and took me to the interview room. It did not seem organized to me as the lady told me she is trying to find the hiring manager as he is away from his office. I was told to wait few minutes in the interview room. After five minutes she came back and said she will conduct the interview as she can not find the Hiring Manager!!

Interview Question – All were very general questions what we expect in an interview. For example tell me about yourself, why you choose accounting as a profession, why you applied with SEI? Tell me about your strength, weaknesses, Why are you suitable for this post?   View Answer

Analyst/Senior Analyst International & Emerging Markets Fund Interview

Analyst/Senior Analyst International & Emerging Markets Fund
Oaks, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SEI Investments in November 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and was contacted very quickly, probably 24-36 hours later. I was then scheduled for a phone interview with someone from HR and the interview took about 45 minutes. The HR person had no idea about finance investments and seemed to be reading from a script. They were very nice and said that they would be in contact in at least a week.

I was then contacted by another HR person to schedule a time to come interview at the office in Oaks, PA. I do not live in Pennsylvania and was kind of surprised that they did not offer to bring me in for the interview but rather expected me to get there myself. For such a large firm this was very surprising.

I arrived for my in-person interview and met with the fund manager of the strategy for about 1.5 hours. The manager was not as impressive as I expected given the AUM of the fund and didn't seem very comfortable in an interview situation, which is strange since the vast majority of the job is interviewing external fund managers. None of the questions were surprising or unexpected but getting a response from the interviewing manager was very difficult. I then spoke with the HR partner for the division and he asked me very similar questions, which again is strange coming from an HR person that doesn't have any investment responsibility. We then discussed the area, the office, etc. before ending the interview.

The most memorable thing from the entire process was that everyone, and I mean everyone, asked about salary. They wanted tax documents to ensure you weren't lying about your previous salary and demanded to know what your target salary was. This was very off-putting. I have no problem discussing my salary targets/demands but their insistence on tax records for my previous salary rubbed me the wrong way. They are a massive company and the strategy has multi-billion AUM, and yet it seemed like their only goal was to determine the lowest possible amount of salary they would have to offer. That's a big red flag to me as talent and experience should be paramount but that did not seem to be the case.

Interview Questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Collegeville, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SEI Investments in March 2010.

Interview Details – Mostly through temporary staffing agencies. PeopleShare

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Oaks, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SEI Investments in February 2014.

Interview Details – HR phone screen to begin. The interview was all behavioral lasted maybe 10 minutes. Then was invited in for a 1 on 1 interview. Met with 2 Junior employees and 1 senior employees.

Interview Question – Sell me my glasses.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at SEI Investments

Interview Details – Interned as a former intern. Very laid back and casual since I had a strong network. This company is all about who you know

Interview Question – The most creative thing Ive ever done? A very generic question and hard to gauge what they were looking for in an answer   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Oaks, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SEI Investments in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had to speak to two different HR reps because of confusion on their end, but after everything got squared away, they were determined to find me a position and set me up with interviews in three different departments. This was only because they kept saying they wanted me at the company, but because my wife worked in the department they wanted me in, I had to interview and apply for positions that neither they nor I was positive I was qualified for. This was frustrating because instead of making sure I was just not on her team, I could not even be in the department. My interviews went well with different styles in each one. The first two departments had two interviewers, one after the other, asking basically the same questions and both departments said that their boss wished to be there but was too busy to make it. The third department had a group interview with three people of seniority in the position I would be going into, one of whom I would be replacing, and their boss.

Interview Question – For the most part, all of the questions were standard, but the most unexpected question was asking me to compare and contrast qualitative and quantitative thinking, and which I thought was best for the position I was interviewing for.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I got accepted into graduate school about three days before I received a call from them and did not feel right training and working for four months before departing.

Worked for SEI Investments? Contribute to the Community!