SEI Investments Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.5

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at SEI Investments.

Applied and received a phone call from an HR representative the next day. Scheduled a phone interview which was later cancelled due to poor reception (I am certain it wasn't on my side). Resecheduled via email but one hour before the interview I got an email in which they asked me to reschedule because HR representative was sick. I wrote back with a list of times I was available. I never heard back from them until four weeks later. Finally, I had a phone interview. While the HR representative was nice and professional, she seemed unprepared and didn't facilitate the interview process.

Treasury Analyst Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SEI Investments in July 2014.

Applied on their website, and received a phone call one week later to set up a phone interview. This phone interview was followed by two on-site interviews. Phone interview was with an HR rep, and was pleasant, with basic questions, mostly behavioral. On-site interviews were with people within the position's respective department, and again, the process was very pleasant. Also was given a tour of the campus prior to the first interview.

Mathematical/Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at SEI Investments in August 2014.

The recruiter called about 15 minutes late. She apologized and I said it was OK. Then she said that the position I had applied for had already been filled but she had another position that I could be interested in. I was annoyed that she had wasted my time by scheduling an interview for a position that had already been filled.
    This company is a joke!

Development Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SEI Investments in August 2014.

Call from recruiter to check availability and confirm approval in submitting resume to hiring manager.
    After some days, emails to nail date for phone interview by hiring manager.
    Called by recruiter for face to face interview with hiring manager and other.
    Called by recruiter again for 2nd face to face interview with another set of people

Interview Questions
    • Who needs more attention, a top performing team member or an under achieving team member   Answer Question

Regional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SEI Investments in July 2014.

Emailed recruiter about any open positions available. Two days later had a short phone interview. Was invited into the headquarters the next week and had 3 back to back interviews with HR rep, and 2 members of the department I was applying for. Got a call the next week with offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you worked together in a team setting to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Portfolio Accounting Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SEI Investments.

Received a call from a recruiter. Interviewed a few days later. Questions were mostly situational and easy to answer as long as you prepare appropriately. After a few days of not hearing back, I sent the recruiter and email and then they responded with an offer. It took about another month before I actually started at the office.

no negotiation

Internal Account Executive Advisor Network Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SEI Investments.

20 Minute Phone Screen - Talked through my resume and received a more detailed description of what the position entailed

Interview - Went in to their campus and had three separate interviews with two Internal Account Executives and then the Head of Sales.

Interview Questions
    • A role playing scenario where I was asked to sell the interviewer a pen that was lying on the desk.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at SEI Investments.

A recruiter reached out to me and asked if I was interested in the position. I went through a phone interview and then an office interview with 3 supervisors. The recruiter asked what my salary expectations were before the office interview and then told me what the salary would be and asked if it was okay. The salary is way below the industry average, but the company culture is innovative and awesome.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. Every Fund Accountant starts with $35,000.

Operations Analyst Interview

The interviews were fairly straight forward but i had to go through alot to get the postion. HR is a little disorganized and doesn't really seem to concerned with new hires

Internal Account Executive Advisor Network Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at SEI Investments in March 2014.

Had 6 (yes six) interviews over the course of the day, 3 with junior associates, 2 with seniors, and then another junior after the director got pulled into a meeting. The interviews themselves were okay, but having six was just extremely repetitive. I found myself sharing the same background info ad nauseam and asking the same questions and getting the same answers. After the day I was told I'd hear back in a week or so. I never heard back. Nothing, despite numerous attempts contacting the recruiter. Very unprofessional process and organization.

Interview Questions
    • What would your girlfriend's mother day about you? (No seriously, they asked that)   Answer Question

Worked for SEI Investments? Contribute to the Community!