SEI Investments

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.5

Entry Level Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SEI Investments.

Started with on campus recruiting and then moved straight to on-site interviews. Not uncommon to have a phone screening first. Multiple rounds of 1-on-1 interviews with different members of the team, and most interview questions were personality based. Then had another round of on-site interviews some weeks later. Received offer after about 2 months of beginning the process.

Interview Questions
    • Most Questions were personality based, "give me a time when..." etc.   Answer Question

College Recruiting Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SEI Investments.

I approached them at a school career fair and then applied online. I was contacted a few weeks later and had a phone interview. After the interview with basic resume questions and why I am interested I was called in to interview in their head quarters. very nive and easy phone conversation. have not gone for in person meeting yet.

Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SEI Investments.

A HR personnel contacted and did screening. Then set up an interview. Interviewed with hiring managers and within a week they called me on board. It was not a lengthy process.

Interview Questions
    • There were not such hard interview questions; know and be ready to tell about your past experiences or class projects.
      1. questions about situations handling
      2. What you liked about your past job.
      3. Where do you see your self in 5 yrs from now.

Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Graduate Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

interviewed at SEI Investments in October 2014.

Went through the first phone interview process with SEI investments, made it to the face to face interview, have not gone in for that yet. The first interview was very friendly and conducted face to face at a job fair after looking into resume. Great personalities from SEI. I enjoyed speaking with them and I am very interested in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Keeping your resume up-to-date and highlighting your strengths really helped me out in the first interview. Play to your strengths for sure   View Answer

Operations Analyst - IMS, Separately Managed Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SEI Investments in October 2014.

Standard phone interview then onsite interview. I applied to two jobs. First job interviews went well but I was not offered the positions. Interviewed by potential boss and two members of the team. All three were rather young and very nice. Situational and experience questions. Second job interview (was for the separately managed accounts department) did not go well. The two older gentlemen I interviewed with (one the potential boss and the other a team member) seemed to already have decided not to give me the job before I walked in. I drove four hours for the interview to be interrupted and talked down to. They even laughed at me at one point as if I was not in the room. Needless to say I did not get an offer for the position. Even one in HR was very nice though. Know what job you are applying for and tailor your responses to the job description.

Interview Questions
    • Non really. Be ready to describe a situation when you___ and what the positive result was. Know about mutual funds and the stock market a bit.   Answer Question

College Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SEI Investments in October 2014.

I was contacted a couple of weeks after I applied online. I went to their headquarters in Oaks, PA. The interview process was fairly easy and repetitive. I was interviewed by 4 different persons that were basically asking the same questions. All behavioral and not technical. They were very nice and warm. After the interview, you get a tour of the campus.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at SEI Investments.

Applied and received a phone call from an HR representative the next day. Scheduled a phone interview which was later cancelled due to poor reception (I am certain it wasn't on my side). Resecheduled via email but one hour before the interview I got an email in which they asked me to reschedule because HR representative was sick. I wrote back with a list of times I was available. I never heard back from them until four weeks later. Finally, I had a phone interview. While the HR representative was nice and professional, she seemed unprepared and didn't facilitate the interview process.

Mathematical/Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SEI Investments in August 2014.

The recruiter called about 15 minutes late. She apologized and I said it was OK. Then she said that the position I had applied for had already been filled but she had another position that I could be interested in. I was annoyed that she had wasted my time by scheduling an interview for a position that had already been filled.
    This company is a joke!

Portfolio Accounting Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SEI Investments.

Received a call from a recruiter. Interviewed a few days later. Questions were mostly situational and easy to answer as long as you prepare appropriately. After a few days of not hearing back, I sent the recruiter and email and then they responded with an offer. It took about another month before I actually started at the office.

no negotiation

Development Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SEI Investments in August 2014.

Call from recruiter to check availability and confirm approval in submitting resume to hiring manager.
    After some days, emails to nail date for phone interview by hiring manager.
    Called by recruiter for face to face interview with hiring manager and other.
    Called by recruiter again for 2nd face to face interview with another set of people

Interview Questions
    • Who needs more attention, a top performing team member or an under achieving team member   Answer Question