SEI Investments

49 candidate interviews

Solutions Manager Interview

Solutions Manager
Oaks, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SEI Investments in July 2007.

Interview Details – It's sort of like the Spanish Inquisition. A number of peers, superiors and subordinate positions grill you on a variety of topics depending upon their whim. In general, they are trying to see if you'll fit in their culture, which is unique. It is an environment of consensus where no one makes decisions yet they all claim to be entrepreneurs. They also pride themselves on being bright, yet they are the first to admit that the bar is set fairly low. Be prepared during the interview to focus on the interviewer.

Interview Question – You've consulted here so why would you like to leave a nice secure position to work at a place like this?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary was non-negotiable. The only thing to negotiate is the bonus target.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
Ancient Oaks, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SEI Investments in February 2011.

Interview Details – Met with several managers in the hiring department. Went in on two separate days. Each had a list of several questions. Each interview lasted one hour. The whole process ran about four hours each day I interviewed

Interview Question – Tell me about the industry and what you think is important? This was open ended and I feared that I might not touch on what they were looking for exactly.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Senior Java Developer
Oaks, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at SEI Investments in May 2013.

Interview Details – 1 Telephonic round. Almost 50 minutes. Consisting of all technical questions, algorithms, design patterns and core java related questions.
4, 1:1 interviews at Oaks, PA office. Out of 4, 3 were strongly technical knowledge. And 1 is managerial interview. They asked about designing a system on whiteboard. All core java related technical questions. They asked throughout core java and OOP, designing concepts. Threads related questions.
After 6 months, still havent received results of interview. That is more pathetic than ever. At least they should say, whether selected or not. Or they want to hold. I tried to asked them several times but did not receive answer. They wasted my time, money. And it was a really hectic journey from NJ to PA in heavy rain. Talking non stop for 4 hours made me sick immediately.

Interview Question – Not difficult but stressful to talk non stop 4 hours
Questions related to core java, algorithm ( quick sort), multi threading, design pattern questions. Designing system related to card game.
  Answer Question

Accounting Analyst Interview

Accounting Analyst
Oaks, PA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at SEI Investments in September 2013.

Interview Details – the interview was set up by a temp agency, i went to the interview and the first person was super nice. she was making conversations with me as we were walking to the interview room. after i met with her, a team of 3 guys came to the room, those guys are current workers at the department and they were really cool. they were talking to me like they knew me before and were willing to answer all my questions with great joy. questions are easy, you just have to be ready to answer simple questions about yourself, your education and work experience.

Interview Question – questions were simple,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the temp agency already told me how much they were going to pay to start, so i guess that the real negotiation will come after the contract with the temp agency is over

Junior Developer Intern Interview

Junior Developer Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview Details – Phone interview discussed resume and qualification

Interview Question – In-depth java data structure questions   Answer Question

Accounting Analyst Interview

Accounting Analyst
Oaks, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SEI Investments in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with multiple people for roughly 30 minutes each. Many asked the same questions that you expect in an interview. Nothing out of the ordinary. No tests required to take throughout the interview process. Took a while to hear back from them but helps if you keep on top of them.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary compared to previous interviews. Helps to know about what a mutual fund is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Mutual Fund Analyst Interview

Mutual Fund Analyst
Oaks, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SEI Investments in November 2012.

Interview Details – I went through a local recruiter. SEI uses recruiters for most of their back office positions (mutual fund analyst, accounting analyst, trade settlement analyst...). My resume was then forwarded to their HR group. You'll have a standard phone interview with HR, and if they think you are a good fit they will invite you for an interview on site. I declined to further be considered with SEI after an initial phone interview.

I thought SEI lacks commitment and appreciation for their employees. First, their compensation is far below industry averages. For these positions they only hire on a temp or temp-to-hire basis even if you have similar past experiences. For temp positions, SEI pays $12 /hr, and for temp-to-hire, SEI pays $34k. Additionally, compensation is not negotiable. There are far more prestigious firms in the area that pay a lot more for the same roles (JP Morgan in Wilmington, Morgan Stanley in Baltimore and Goldman Sachs in Jersey City... not to forget NYC). I would recommend going elsewhere.

Additionally, from what I was told and what I've read through my research, there is high turnover and don't expect to be promoted within. Recruiters have told me candidates go there for 2-3 years to gain experience then move on elsewhere afterward. Furthermore, I found through research the investment side roles are filled using recruiters as well so don't expect promotion from within.

Overall, there are far more prestigious firms in the area that will pay more, offer better career development, and give you a stronger name for your resume. I highly recommend looking elsewhere.

Interview Question – Please tell me what are three of your strengths?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Oaks, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SEI Investments in December 2012.

Interview Details – Received a call from a recruiter about 2 weeks after submitting my resume. The recruiter scheduled a half hour phone screen with me where she asked basic questions about my career path and where I see myself going in 5-10 years. She informed me of the eclectic art throughout the office space, the unique plug in from the ceiling concept and that everyone within the company sits at desks with wheels to promote a fluid and collaborative working environment. After our conversation, I received a call from the recruiter about a week later to schedule an onsite interview with several members of the marketing department.
I arrived to the campus and was taken on a tour of the building which ended in a conference room where I stayed for the next 3 hours meeting 4 members of the marketing team individually. The emphasis throughout the interviews was about SEI's culture and lack of titles and upward mobility. I was actually told "you will never get promoted at SEI" and wasn't sure what to make of that.
After the interviews concluded, I met back up with the recruiter who debriefed me. I asked when they were looking to make a decision and she said that I should hear back from them in approximately 2 weeks. I never did.

Interview Question – I was asked a lot of behavioral questions, like, "how many quarters could you fit into this room?" and " if you were a type of cereal, what type of cereal would you be?"   Answer Question

Internal Account Executive Advisor Network Interview

Internal Account Executive Advisor Network
Oaks, PA

I interviewed at SEI Investments in October 2010.

Interview Details – Long hiring process, phone interview first. Then 7 different face to face interviews. Continuously meet with more senior management as you progress through the interview.

Interview Question – Sell me my glasses   View Answer

Operations Analyst - IMS Interview

Operations Analyst - IMS
Oaks, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SEI Investments in October 2009.

Interview Details – Three interviews. The first interview is over the phone with an HR representative. The second interview was with the two supervisors that would be from the "team" that you would work for. The second interview was with your direct manager.

Interview Question – No really tough questions. Just general questions about the market and how you would handle situations. They might throw in a "How many stop lights are in New York City?" type question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They said that the salary was set and threatened that if I didn't take it, the job would be offered to the next one in line.

Worked for SEI Investments? Contribute to the Community!