SEI Investments

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.5

Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SEI Investments in July 2007.

It's sort of like the Spanish Inquisition. A number of peers, superiors and subordinate positions grill you on a variety of topics depending upon their whim. In general, they are trying to see if you'll fit in their culture, which is unique. It is an environment of consensus where no one makes decisions yet they all claim to be entrepreneurs. They also pride themselves on being bright, yet they are the first to admit that the bar is set fairly low. Be prepared during the interview to focus on the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • You've consulted here so why would you like to leave a nice secure position to work at a place like this?   Answer Question
    salary was non-negotiable. The only thing to negotiate is the bonus target.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ancient Oaks, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ancient Oaks, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SEI Investments in February 2011.

Met with several managers in the hiring department. Went in on two separate days. Each had a list of several questions. Each interview lasted one hour. The whole process ran about four hours each day I interviewed

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the industry and what you think is important? This was open ended and I feared that I might not touch on what they were looking for exactly.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at SEI Investments in May 2013.

1 Telephonic round. Almost 50 minutes. Consisting of all technical questions, algorithms, design patterns and core java related questions.
    4, 1:1 interviews at Oaks, PA office. Out of 4, 3 were strongly technical knowledge. And 1 is managerial interview. They asked about designing a system on whiteboard. All core java related technical questions. They asked throughout core java and OOP, designing concepts. Threads related questions.
    After 6 months, still havent received results of interview. That is more pathetic than ever. At least they should say, whether selected or not. Or they want to hold. I tried to asked them several times but did not receive answer. They wasted my time, money. And it was a really hectic journey from NJ to PA in heavy rain. Talking non stop for 4 hours made me sick immediately.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult but stressful to talk non stop 4 hours
      Questions related to core java, algorithm ( quick sort), multi threading, design pattern questions. Designing system related to card game.

Answer Question

Internal Account Executive Advisor Network Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SEI Investments.

20 Minute Phone Screen - Talked through my resume and received a more detailed description of what the position entailed

Interview - Went in to their campus and had three separate interviews with two Internal Account Executives and then the Head of Sales.

Interview Questions
    • A role playing scenario where I was asked to sell the interviewer a pen that was lying on the desk.   Answer Question

Internal Account Executive Advisor Network Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SEI Investments in March 2014.

Had 6 (yes six) interviews over the course of the day, 3 with junior associates, 2 with seniors, and then another junior after the director got pulled into a meeting. The interviews themselves were okay, but having six was just extremely repetitive. I found myself sharing the same background info ad nauseam and asking the same questions and getting the same answers. After the day I was told I'd hear back in a week or so. I never heard back. Nothing, despite numerous attempts contacting the recruiter. Very unprofessional process and organization.

Interview Questions
    • What would your girlfriend's mother day about you? (No seriously, they asked that)   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SEI Investments in March 2013.

I had to speak to two different HR reps because of confusion on their end, but after everything got squared away, they were determined to find me a position and set me up with interviews in three different departments. This was only because they kept saying they wanted me at the company, but because my wife worked in the department they wanted me in, I had to interview and apply for positions that neither they nor I was positive I was qualified for. This was frustrating because instead of making sure I was just not on her team, I could not even be in the department. My interviews went well with different styles in each one. The first two departments had two interviewers, one after the other, asking basically the same questions and both departments said that their boss wished to be there but was too busy to make it. The third department had a group interview with three people of seniority in the position I would be going into, one of whom I would be replacing, and their boss.

Interview Questions
    • For the most part, all of the questions were standard, but the most unexpected question was asking me to compare and contrast qualitative and quantitative thinking, and which I thought was best for the position I was interviewing for.   View Answer

I got accepted into graduate school about three days before I received a call from them and did not feel right training and working for four months before departing.

Business Analyst Interview

Interned as a former intern. Very laid back and casual since I had a strong network. This company is all about who you know

Interview Questions
    • The most creative thing Ive ever done? A very generic question and hard to gauge what they were looking for in an answer   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SEI Investments in February 2014.

HR phone screen to begin. The interview was all behavioral lasted maybe 10 minutes. Then was invited in for a 1 on 1 interview. Met with 2 Junior employees and 1 senior employees.

Regional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SEI Investments in July 2014.

Emailed recruiter about any open positions available. Two days later had a short phone interview. Was invited into the headquarters the next week and had 3 back to back interviews with HR rep, and 2 members of the department I was applying for. Got a call the next week with offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you worked together in a team setting to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Mathematical/Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SEI Investments in August 2014.

The recruiter called about 15 minutes late. She apologized and I said it was OK. Then she said that the position I had applied for had already been filled but she had another position that I could be interested in. I was annoyed that she had wasted my time by scheduling an interview for a position that had already been filled.
    This company is a joke!