SEI Investments

Updated Mar 18, 2014

Getting the Interview

46 candidate interviews

College Recruiting Interview

I applied online and interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview Details – The first round consisted of two thirty minute interviews. The first interview was mostly behavioral...tell me about a time you worked in a group...what is your biggest weakness, etc. The second interview was predominantly a discussion of my resume. Both interviews were very relaxed and informal. For the final round I interviewed at SEI with the actual department I would be working with. It took approximately an hour and was a blend of both behavioral and resume type questions.

Interview Question – What is the biggest mistake you ever made?   Answer Question

Free Analytics Analyst Interview

Interviewed at SEI Investments

Interview Details – General fit and prior experience questions. Nothing that catches you too off guard.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Operations Analyst - IMS Interview

Operations Analyst - IMS

Interviewed at SEI Investments

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly easy. First you have telephone interview. Then, you interview with the team leaders.

Interview Question – Tell me about one instance in which you were forced to think outside of the box.   Answer Question

Accounting Analyst Interview

Accounting Analyst

Interviewed at SEI Investments

Interview Details – The interview was like a normal interview with the basic interview questions. I met with three different supervisors. Two of the three supervisors that interviewed me left the company in the short time I was working there.

Interview Question – There were no really tough interview questions. Some of the supervisors didn't even know what to ask, because the one before asked the same questions. Pretty poor interview process.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead

The process took 4 days - interviewed at SEI Investments in February 2007.

Interview Details – Already work for the company so I knew the people

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not to negotiate, I had an idea of the salary. Eventhoug SEI's HR is not organized.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SEI Investments in June 2011.

Interview Details – Fast and simple

Interview Questions

Intern Interview

Intern
Oaks, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SEI Investments in March 2011.

Interview Details – They contacted me via e-mail and asked me to come for an interview day. The day consists of 1 on 1 interviews that are 20 minutes long, and you rotate through about 4 people. It's very easy because they all basically ask you the same questions, and they're very nice. All background/interest in the job questions. Everyone was very nice

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for SEI   Answer Question

Analyst, Alternative Operations Interview

Oaks, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SEI Investments in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of a Phone interview followed by two 2 on 1 interviews from supervisors in the departments the candidate would end up in. The people working at SEI are GED, community/local college people who probably barely made it through college. They will not hire you if you demonstrate having ambition or a brain, hide you ability if you want to work here, tell them you want to start and die at the low level position you apply to.

Mutual Fund Analyst Interview

Mutual Fund Analyst
Oaks, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SEI Investments in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had two in office interviews. The first interview was with two supervisors of a team and the second interview was with one supervisor of the team. You never interview with a manager. The supervisors choose who gets hired for there team. Basic questions asked about work experience. Easy interview.

Interview Question – Couple questions asked on financial terms such as swaps and bonds.   Answer Question

Accounting Analyst Interview

Oaks, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview Details – Went through a staffing agency. Went on tour first and interviewed shortly with HR rep. Met with 1-3 people in 4 separate interviews for 30 mins. Easy behavioral and experience questions. Was difficult interviewing with so many different people. Almost forgot if i was repeating myself by the end. Laid back interviewers. Interviewed on a Friday and heard back by Tuesday. Really looking for motivated, team player, responsible person for this position.

Interview Question – What could you bring to a team environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Interviews for Top Jobs at SEI Investments

Worked for SEI Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SEI Investments interview questions and advice. All 46 interview reviews posted anonymously by SEI Investments employees and interview candidates.