SEI Investments Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.6

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview

A HR personnel contacted and did screening. Then set up an interview. Interviewed with hiring managers and within a week they called me on board. It was not a lengthy process.

Interview Questions

• There were not such hard interview questions; know and be ready to tell about your past experiences or class projects. 1. questions about situations handling 2. What you liked about your past job. 3. Where do you see your self in 5 yrs from now.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation

College Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted a couple of weeks after I applied online. I went to their headquarters in Oaks, PA. The interview process was fairly easy and repetitive. I was interviewed by 4 different persons that were basically asking the same questions. All behavioral and not technical. They were very nice and warm. After the interview, you get a tour of the campus.

Graduate Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oaks, PA

Application

I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Went through the first phone interview process with SEI investments, made it to the face to face interview, have not gone in for that yet. The first interview was very friendly and conducted face to face at a job fair after looking into resume. Great personalities from SEI. I enjoyed speaking with them and I am very interested in the company.

Interview Questions

• Keeping your resume up-to-date and highlighting your strengths really helped me out in the first interview. Play to your strengths for sure   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview

Applied and received a phone call from an HR representative the next day. Scheduled a phone interview which was later cancelled due to poor reception (I am certain it wasn't on my side). Resecheduled via email but one hour before the interview I got an email in which they asked me to reschedule because HR representative was sick. I wrote back with a list of times I was available. I never heard back from them until four weeks later. Finally, I had a phone interview. While the HR representative was nice and professional, she seemed unprepared and didn't facilitate the interview process.

Mathematical/Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

The recruiter called about 15 minutes late. She apologized and I said it was OK. Then she said that the position I had applied for had already been filled but she had another position that I could be interested in. I was annoyed that she had wasted my time by scheduling an interview for a position that had already been filled. This company is a joke!

Portfolio Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter. Interviewed a few days later. Questions were mostly situational and easy to answer as long as you prepare appropriately. After a few days of not hearing back, I sent the recruiter and email and then they responded with an offer. It took about another month before I actually started at the office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Development Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Call from recruiter to check availability and confirm approval in submitting resume to hiring manager. After some days, emails to nail date for phone interview by hiring manager. Called by recruiter for face to face interview with hiring manager and other. Called by recruiter again for 2nd face to face interview with another set of people

Interview Questions

• Who needs more attention, a top performing team member or an under achieving team member   Answer Question

Mathmatical/Actuary Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SEI Investments (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email to set up a phone interview shortly after. I would say about 2-4 days afterwards. Phone interview went very smoothly as they should. No hard questions. They were just trying to get a feel for whether you were a fit or not. It went very well as I was very qualified for the position (CFA candidate, MS in finance degree etc etc) on top of a solid career record with previous experience. I was expecting to go forward with the in-person interview process but never heard back. Kind of unprofessional :(

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA).

Interview

20 Minute Phone Screen - Talked through my resume and received a more detailed description of what the position entailed Interview - Went in to their campus and had three separate interviews with two Internal Account Executives and then the Head of Sales.

Interview Questions

• A role playing scenario where I was asked to sell the interviewer a pen that was lying on the desk.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and asked if I was interested in the position. I went through a phone interview and then an office interview with 3 supervisors. The recruiter asked what my salary expectations were before the office interview and then told me what the salary would be and asked if it was okay. The salary is way below the industry average, but the company culture is innovative and awesome.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Every Fund Accountant starts with $35,000.