SEI Investments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at SEI Investments

Interview Details – Interned as a former intern. Very laid back and casual since I had a strong network. This company is all about who you know

Interview Question – The most creative thing Ive ever done? A very generic question and hard to gauge what they were looking for in an answer   Answer Question

Interviewed at SEI Investments

Interview Details – The interview was like a normal interview with the basic interview questions. I met with three different supervisors. Two of the three supervisors that interviewed me left the company in the short time I was working there.

Interview Question – There were no really tough interview questions. Some of the supervisors didn't even know what to ask, because the one before asked the same questions. Pretty poor interview process.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Oaks, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SEI Investments in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had to speak to two different HR reps because of confusion on their end, but after everything got squared away, they were determined to find me a position and set me up with interviews in three different departments. This was only because they kept saying they wanted me at the company, but because my wife worked in the department they wanted me in, I had to interview and apply for positions that neither they nor I was positive I was qualified for. This was frustrating because instead of making sure I was just not on her team, I could not even be in the department. My interviews went well with different styles in each one. The first two departments had two interviewers, one after the other, asking basically the same questions and both departments said that their boss wished to be there but was too busy to make it. The third department had a group interview with three people of seniority in the position I would be going into, one of whom I would be replacing, and their boss.

Interview Question – For the most part, all of the questions were standard, but the most unexpected question was asking me to compare and contrast qualitative and quantitative thinking, and which I thought was best for the position I was interviewing for.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I got accepted into graduate school about three days before I received a call from them and did not feel right training and working for four months before departing.

Oaks, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview Details – Supervisor of 2-3 from a team comes to interview you. They will ask you about your past experience and ask typical questions that you can find online. They will also ask to see how much you know about finance.

Interview Question – There were none since they are desperate to hire someone. Turnover is extremely high   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Operations Analyst - IMS Interview

Operations Analyst - IMS

Interviewed at SEI Investments

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly easy. First you have telephone interview. Then, you interview with the team leaders.

Interview Question – Tell me about one instance in which you were forced to think outside of the box.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Senior Java Developer
Oaks, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at SEI Investments in May 2013.

Interview Details – 1 Telephonic round. Almost 50 minutes. Consisting of all technical questions, algorithms, design patterns and core java related questions.
4, 1:1 interviews at Oaks, PA office. Out of 4, 3 were strongly technical knowledge. And 1 is managerial interview. They asked about designing a system on whiteboard. All core java related technical questions. They asked throughout core java and OOP, designing concepts. Threads related questions.
After 6 months, still havent received results of interview. That is more pathetic than ever. At least they should say, whether selected or not. Or they want to hold. I tried to asked them several times but did not receive answer. They wasted my time, money. And it was a really hectic journey from NJ to PA in heavy rain. Talking non stop for 4 hours made me sick immediately.

Interview Question – Not difficult but stressful to talk non stop 4 hours
Questions related to core java, algorithm ( quick sort), multi threading, design pattern questions. Designing system related to card game.
  Answer Question

Junior Developer Intern Interview

Junior Developer Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview Details – Phone interview discussed resume and qualification

Interview Question – In-depth java data structure questions   Answer Question

Oaks, PA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at SEI Investments in September 2013.

Interview Details – the interview was set up by a temp agency, i went to the interview and the first person was super nice. she was making conversations with me as we were walking to the interview room. after i met with her, a team of 3 guys came to the room, those guys are current workers at the department and they were really cool. they were talking to me like they knew me before and were willing to answer all my questions with great joy. questions are easy, you just have to be ready to answer simple questions about yourself, your education and work experience.

Interview Question – questions were simple,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the temp agency already told me how much they were going to pay to start, so i guess that the real negotiation will come after the contract with the temp agency is over

Interviewed at SEI Investments

Interview Details – 3 rounds with the phone first, then two in person interviews in the same day. Usual behavioral questions.

Oaks, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview Details – Very standard interview process. As a recent grad they asked me about my favorite classes and least favorite classes, strengths and weaknesses and then examples of each, leadership examples and so on.