SEI Investments

2.5

Mathmatical/Actuary Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SEI Investments in August 2014.

Applied online. Got an email to set up a phone interview shortly after. I would say about 2-4 days afterwards. Phone interview went very smoothly as they should. No hard questions. They were just trying to get a feel for whether you were a fit or not. It went very well as I was very qualified for the position (CFA candidate, MS in finance degree etc etc) on top of a solid career record with previous experience. I was expecting to go forward with the in-person interview process but never heard back. Kind of unprofessional :(

Internal Account Executive Advisor Network Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SEI Investments.

20 Minute Phone Screen - Talked through my resume and received a more detailed description of what the position entailed

Interview - Went in to their campus and had three separate interviews with two Internal Account Executives and then the Head of Sales.

Interview Questions
    • A role playing scenario where I was asked to sell the interviewer a pen that was lying on the desk.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SEI Investments.

A recruiter reached out to me and asked if I was interested in the position. I went through a phone interview and then an office interview with 3 supervisors. The recruiter asked what my salary expectations were before the office interview and then told me what the salary would be and asked if it was okay. The salary is way below the industry average, but the company culture is innovative and awesome.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. Every Fund Accountant starts with $35,000.

Operations Analyst Interview

The interviews were fairly straight forward but i had to go through alot to get the postion. HR is a little disorganized and doesn't really seem to concerned with new hires

Treasury Analyst Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SEI Investments in July 2014.

Applied on their website, and received a phone call one week later to set up a phone interview. This phone interview was followed by two on-site interviews. Phone interview was with an HR rep, and was pleasant, with basic questions, mostly behavioral. On-site interviews were with people within the position's respective department, and again, the process was very pleasant. Also was given a tour of the campus prior to the first interview.

Regional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SEI Investments in July 2014.

Emailed recruiter about any open positions available. Two days later had a short phone interview. Was invited into the headquarters the next week and had 3 back to back interviews with HR rep, and 2 members of the department I was applying for. Got a call the next week with offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you worked together in a team setting to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Cash Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at SEI Investments.

I went through a job agency. The interview was schedule at 10.30. I waited in the lobby for 15 minutes before somebody came downstairs and took me to the interview room. It did not seem organized to me as the lady told me she is trying to find the hiring manager as he is away from his office. I was told to wait few minutes in the interview room. After five minutes she came back and said she will conduct the interview as she can not find the Hiring Manager!!

Interview Questions
    • All were very general questions what we expect in an interview. For example tell me about yourself, why you choose accounting as a profession, why you applied with SEI? Tell me about your strength, weaknesses, Why are you suitable for this post?   View Answer

Internal Account Executive Advisor Network Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SEI Investments in March 2014.

Had 6 (yes six) interviews over the course of the day, 3 with junior associates, 2 with seniors, and then another junior after the director got pulled into a meeting. The interviews themselves were okay, but having six was just extremely repetitive. I found myself sharing the same background info ad nauseam and asking the same questions and getting the same answers. After the day I was told I'd hear back in a week or so. I never heard back. Nothing, despite numerous attempts contacting the recruiter. Very unprofessional process and organization.

Interview Questions
    • What would your girlfriend's mother day about you? (No seriously, they asked that)   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SEI Investments in February 2014.

HR phone screen to begin. The interview was all behavioral lasted maybe 10 minutes. Then was invited in for a 1 on 1 interview. Met with 2 Junior employees and 1 senior employees.

Business Analyst Interview

Interned as a former intern. Very laid back and casual since I had a strong network. This company is all about who you know

Interview Questions
    • The most creative thing Ive ever done? A very generic question and hard to gauge what they were looking for in an answer   Answer Question