SEI Investments Mutual Fund Analyst Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

I went through a local recruiter. SEI uses recruiters for most of their back office positions (mutual fund analyst, accounting analyst, trade settlement analyst...). My resume was then forwarded to their HR group. You'll have a standard phone interview with HR, and if they think you are a good fit they will invite you for an interview on site. I declined to further be considered with SEI after an initial phone interview. I thought SEI lacks commitment and appreciation for their employees. First, their compensation is far below industry averages. For these positions they only hire on a temp or temp-to-hire basis even if you have similar past experiences. For temp positions, SEI pays $12 /hr, and for temp-to-hire, SEI pays $34k. Additionally, compensation is not negotiable. There are far more prestigious firms in the area that pay a lot more for the same roles (JP Morgan in Wilmington, Morgan Stanley in Baltimore and Goldman Sachs in Jersey City... not to forget NYC). I would recommend going elsewhere. Additionally, from what I was told and what I've read through my research, there is high turnover and don't expect to be promoted within. Recruiters have told me candidates go there for 2-3 years to gain experience then move on elsewhere afterward. Furthermore, I found through research the investment side roles are filled using recruiters as well so don't expect promotion from within. Overall, there are far more prestigious firms in the area that will pay more, offer better career development, and give you a stronger name for your resume. I highly recommend looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SEI Investments

Anonymous Employee in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

I had two in office interviews. The first interview was with two supervisors of a team and the second interview was with one supervisor of the team. You never interview with a manager. The supervisors choose who gets hired for there team. Basic questions asked about work experience. Easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Couple questions asked on financial terms such as swaps and bonds.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in July 2010.

Interview

It was a joke all said and done, they hire mainly from temps with very few direct hires. My First interview to become a temp had me being interviewed by a several people at the same time for multiple roles. At the end it was mainly choice which one I choose. Most of the questions were basic easy answer questions. My interview to go full time was purely a formality with almost no questions of relevance.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 15 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, they gave me less then a day to accept.