SEI

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mutual Fund Analyst Interview

Mutual Fund Analyst
Oaks, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SEI in February 2010.

Interview Details – Call phone sceen by HR, then followed by interview (about 2 hours) by Manager and Supervisor

Interview Question – All were pretty straight forward, entry level position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not too much, as they had a set entry level salary.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Solutions Specialist
Oaks, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at SEI in September 2012.

Interview Details – 4 rounds of interviews

Interview Question – What would you say if a prospect as you why they should work with SEI   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Short

Marketing Interview

Marketing

Interviewed at SEI

Interview Details – Received a call for a phone interview quickly after applying for position. Scheduled onsite interview and spent 2 1/2 hours interviewing with various members of the marketing team and touring the building. I was told I would hear from the HR rep within a week. After two weeks, I emailed to follow-up yet never heard back from anyone.

Interview Question – If you were a type of cereal, what type of cereal would you be?
I was also told that I would never be promoted at SEI since it is a flat company.
  Answer Question

Adviser Interview

Adviser
Oaks, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SEI.

Interview Details – The process is well managed yet slow at times. They promised offers by certain deadlines and were late. The interviewers were nice and easy going.

Interview Question – Who is your biggest role model?
What would that person say is your biggest flaw?
  Answer Question

Asset Data Services Analyst Interview

Asset Data Services Analyst
Oaks, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SEI in June 2012.

Interview Details – From the time I had an on campus interview until the day I was finally notified someone else was given the offer had to be at least three months, with hardly any communication. On campus interview was with an HR rep who seemed to practically follow a script. About two months after my campus interview I was invited to SEI's headquarters where I was given a tour and met with HR and about 5 members of the group I was interviewing for. The interview process was average, easy to talk to the people from the department. In the end I was not given the offer even though it was said the hiring managers gave me a great review, no one would give me a specific reason why. In retrospect I am actually happy I was not given a offer because of the lack of communication, professionalism, and consistency from the HR department - this leads me to be skeptical of how the rest of the organization operates.

Interview Questions

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Oaks, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SEI in January 2009.

Interview Details – behavior based interview

Interview Question – Describe most challenging position to recruit and why?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – exploratory only

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant
Oaks, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at SEI in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by three people. One person got 30 minutes, the next 30 minutes and so on. Each person was on the team I would be working under, so they gave me their personal experiences. Very laid-back interview. No behavioral-based questions, just an "tell me why you want to be here" kind of interview.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SEI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SEI interview questions and advice in Oaks, PA. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by SEI employees and interview candidates.