SEIU

Employer Engaged

SEIU Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SEIU.

Applied for an internship in the political department. Was contacted a few days later, had interview the next week. Interview was with both internship coordinators, asked about experiences in school and in past internships. Very relaxed interview, more of a conversation to assess if personalities/political leanings matched.
    Next week had panel interview with several members from the political department. Similar questions, a bit more technical than the first interview (strengths, weaknesses, knowledge of research databases). Interviewers were very welcoming and not at all intimidating. After interview took a test where I edited a 2-page document.
    Met with the political department director a week later. Started as a more formal interview, asked about career goals, 5 year plan, etc. Ended up talking about sports and had a nice chat.
    Offered position 2 days later. Overall process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you overcame adversity or had to stand up for your beliefs   Answer Question

Senior Campaign Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at SEIU in November 2013.

Applied on the website and was simultaneously referred by an employee.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. One question that I could have answered better was where I see myself in five years. Have answers to standard questions like this written out, rehearsed and tailored toward the company and the position.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SEIU in February 2012.

In person interview, and three skills test

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SEIU in July 2008.

I experience 2 interviews and a test, after answering an online advertisement with a detailed resume. Interviewing and hiring process was very professional, took less than a week and a half overall.

Interview Questions
    • How did you become familiar with SEIU? Tell us something you know about SEIU and how it helped bring you here.   View Answer
    Wasn't able to negotiate, salaries are set via an existing labor contract.