SFI Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Entry-level Sales Position Interview

Entry-level Sales Position
Greenville, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at SFI Consulting in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was sent an email about how they believed I seemed to be a good fit for their company and that they were contracted with AT&T. I was very skeptical of the whole thing, but the email never once mentioned that the position was selling AT&T U-Verse.

Interview Question – What type of job are you looking for?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They were deceptive and I didn't go to college just to sell some businesses AT&T U-Verse.

Marketing/Sales Interview

Marketing/Sales

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SFI Consulting in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online to a vague job posting for entry level sales and marketing. After not hearing anything from them for about 2 weeks I called to follow up on my application. The girl on the phone looked up my information and set up an interview for the next day. She emphasized that I needed to dress business professional.

I showed up for the 1:1 interview at a fairly nice office building. The office itself was very stylish, which gave me a very good first impression. The Interview went very well. I had great answers for every question and really connected with the interviewer. Since the job posting was a little vague I wanted to know exactly what my job responsibilities would be day to day. The interviewer said that if I got a call back for a second interview that everything would be revealed to me on the second interview. Weird. Based on the interview I was expecting to work about half of the time out of the office and the other half going B2B, however the interviewer avoided answering my questions as much as possible.

Of course I got a call that night inviting me to come in for the second interview the next day. This is where it got even weirder. They scheduled my interview to last from 1:00pm to 8:00pm. I would be shadowing someone to get an idea of exactly what I would be doing.

I showed up for the 2nd Interview very excited, as I am a recent college grad looking to start a career in marketing. I had studied and prepared the night before and felt ready for anything they would throw my way. There were 5 other candidates also waiting for their 2nd Interview when I got there. I could hear lots of laughing, clapping and talking coming from the back of the office. It was strange but I took it as a good sign that people really enjoyed working there, which got me even more excited.

Well, I will get right to the point. I was assigned a guy to shadow for the day and as we got in the elevator to go down to his car, he asked me what I knew about DIRECT MARKETING. It felt like a slap in the face. It turns out that SFI Consulting is a direct marketing firm that goes door-to-door selling ATT U-verse!!

I was very disappointed and kinda in shock, but went along with it. I have a hard time quitting something that I start, so I saw the day through. To my surprise parts of the day were actually enjoyable. We got to meet some very interesting people and had many fun conversations. The guy I shadowed made 2 sales which comes out to about $200 for the day. Not bad. After 7 hours of going door-to-door, I had a follow interview and a job offer. I declined.

In the end, I would say if going door-to-door is what you want to do to get your career started, SFI Consulting is the place to be. They have team meetings every morning to get pumped for the day and everyone(all dudes....weird cuz everyone interviewing that day were female) seemed to really enjoy their job. For me, it was a waste of 7 hours and all I left with were painful feet blisters(I wore heels because no one would tell me I would be going door-to-door for 7 hours).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
  • Which ONE of these best describes you and why: competitive, leader, can handle rejection well, or motivated?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Going door-to-door is not what I am looking to do. While everyone in the office appeared to really enjoy being there and we were actually well received at most houses, I felt deceived throughout the interview process and do NOT want to spend my days going door-to-door.

Worked for SFI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!