SG CIB Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2014
11 interviews

2.8

Technologist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at SG CIB.

A typical process

Salary can be neg

Middle Office Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at SG CIB.

Basic behavioural interview. Be ready with lost of examples of how different situations were handled in previous jobs.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at SG CIB in March 2009.

I applied online and was called by the human ressources. The HR checked my CV and asked about my motivation, what I understood about the position, the responsibilities, checked my personnality. He checked if I could fit in the Investment banking world.
    After this round 1, I had an interview with the operational manager. It was an open exchange where he also checked my background, my knowledge, attitude, if I could handle the task and stress related to the role.
    After this, I had another interview with the N+1, it was more a discussion about my motivation and attitude. Then had another interview with the N+2 which was also about my motivation, who I was and he tested my attitude again and check if I could fit. Lastly, I had to do a test with 140 questions on a computer with a 30 minutes talk to a specialist to check again my psychology.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about all my failures and how I handled them.   View Answer
    Salary is based on a grid depending on your experience and diplomas. You can still negociate a little bit but I did not.

Assistant Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at SG CIB in October 2013.

What is the difference between lib.6M and Lib.3M ? who cost more, a 6MLib Swap or a 3MLib Swap ?

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at SG CIB in June 2009.

Met with two senior managers both the direct line manager and his superior. Initial meeting with senior manager was an informal lunch meeting, followed by an in-person meeting in his office. Meeting with most senior manager was much more formal. Subsequently met with HR and numerous other examiners. Passed a series of psychometric tests and psychological analysis.

Interview Questions
    • For a senior hire there were no case questions or tests to be passed.   Answer Question
    Very difficult, it was take it or leave it.

Pricer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SG CIB in June 2013.

Questions about my CV. About the fact that I've never been to Japan. One integral calculation (lim(int(1/(1+x^n),x,0,inf),n,inf))

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SG CIB in August 2010.

Interview Questions
    • Genral question on Trade life cycle and various Operational Process like what is the Process of Exchange based settlement, and cashflows for vanila options. Questions were also related to SDLC and what are the docs prepared by a BA in each phase   Answer Question
    2 weeks

Trainee Interview

APPRENTICESHIP INTERVIEW IN Paris
    Met two senior front office professional professional
    2nd round was an HR interview with super tough logic psychometric test + an 1,5hours personality test

Interview Questions
    • logic psychometric test + an 1,5hours personality test   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at SG CIB in March 2013.

cv screening, phone interview, face-to-face interview.
    as for the phone interview, there are standard questions to be expected, so do more research here.

Interview Questions
    • a time when you felt especially proud of your professionalism   Answer Question

VIE Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SG CIB.

Initial phone interview of about one hour. Then I passed some tests in Paris with an recruitment cabinet: IQ test, reasoning and calculus test, and personality test.
    After that I had an background check with Ubifrance and the FACC (French American chamber of commerce ) of New York, and another phone interviw with the FACC to check my level in English.

Interview Questions

Worked for SG CIB? Contribute to the Community!