SG CIB

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technologist Interview

Technologist

I applied online and interviewed at SG CIB.

Interview Details – A typical process

Negotiation Details – Salary can be neg

Middle Office Manager Interview

Middle Office Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SG CIB.

Interview Details – Basic behavioural interview. Be ready with lost of examples of how different situations were handled in previous jobs.

Interview Question – none. All pretty basic and expected.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SG CIB in March 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called by the human ressources. The HR checked my CV and asked about my motivation, what I understood about the position, the responsibilities, checked my personnality. He checked if I could fit in the Investment banking world.
After this round 1, I had an interview with the operational manager. It was an open exchange where he also checked my background, my knowledge, attitude, if I could handle the task and stress related to the role.
After this, I had another interview with the N+1, it was more a discussion about my motivation and attitude. Then had another interview with the N+2 which was also about my motivation, who I was and he tested my attitude again and check if I could fit. Lastly, I had to do a test with 140 questions on a computer with a 30 minutes talk to a specialist to check again my psychology.

Interview Question – Questions about all my failures and how I handled them.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary is based on a grid depending on your experience and diplomas. You can still negociate a little bit but I did not.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Paris (France)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at SG CIB in June 2009.

Interview Details – Met with two senior managers both the direct line manager and his superior. Initial meeting with senior manager was an informal lunch meeting, followed by an in-person meeting in his office. Meeting with most senior manager was much more formal. Subsequently met with HR and numerous other examiners. Passed a series of psychometric tests and psychological analysis.

Interview Question – For a senior hire there were no case questions or tests to be passed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very difficult, it was take it or leave it.

Assistant Trader Interview

Assistant Trader
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SG CIB in October 2013.

Interview Details – What is the difference between lib.6M and Lib.3M ? who cost more, a 6MLib Swap or a 3MLib Swap ?

Interview Question – If i give one million right now, how to invest it ?   Answer Question

Pricer Assistant Interview

Pricer Assistant
Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SG CIB in June 2013.

Interview Details – Questions about my CV. About the fact that I've never been to Japan. One integral calculation (lim(int(1/(1+x^n),x,0,inf),n,inf))

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SG CIB in August 2010.

Interview Details – Genral question on Trade life cycle and various Operational Process like what is the Process of Exchange based settlement, and cashflows for vanila options. Questions were also related to SDLC and what are the docs prepared by a BA in each phase

Interview Question – Genral question on Trade life cycle and various Operational Process like what is the Process of Exchange based settlement, and cashflows for vanila options. Questions were also related to SDLC and what are the docs prepared by a BA in each phase   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 2 weeks

Trainee Interview

Trainee

Interviewed at SG CIB

Interview Details – APPRENTICESHIP INTERVIEW IN Paris
Met two senior front office professional professional
2nd round was an HR interview with super tough logic psychometric test + an 1,5hours personality test

Interview Question – logic psychometric test + an 1,5hours personality test   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SG CIB in March 2013.

Interview Details – cv screening, phone interview, face-to-face interview.
as for the phone interview, there are standard questions to be expected, so do more research here.

Interview Question – a time when you felt especially proud of your professionalism   Answer Question

VIE Interview

VIE

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SG CIB.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview of about one hour. Then I passed some tests in Paris with an recruitment cabinet: IQ test, reasoning and calculus test, and personality test.
After that I had an background check with Ubifrance and the FACC (French American chamber of commerce ) of New York, and another phone interviw with the FACC to check my level in English.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult   Answer Question

Worked for SG CIB? Contribute to the Community!