SG CIB Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.5

Advisory Interview

I was contacted via Bloomberg, went through an interview in which I was asked several fit and technical questions, few brain teasers. The process was concluded with a case study.

Technologist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SG CIB.

A typical process

Salary can be neg

Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SG CIB.

I submitted resume and cover letter by email and was invited to the office for a 1:1 interview. The interview took 30 minutes and they were very friendly. No technical questions were asked. Rather, they went through your resume and asked how you would act in several given situations. They also focused on how you got interested in this company and what you expect from working in SG.

Interview Questions
    • How will you persuade someone who has an opinion conflicting with you?   Answer Question

Middle Office Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SG CIB.

Basic behavioural interview. Be ready with lost of examples of how different situations were handled in previous jobs.

Trader Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SG CIB in October 2013.

Quelle est la différence entre Lib.6M et Lib.3M ? Lequel coûte le plus, un 6MLib ou un échange 3MLib ?

What is the difference between lib.6M and Lib.3M ? who cost more, a 6MLib Swap or a 3MLib Swap ?

Interview Questions
    • Si j'avance un million maintenant, comment l'investir ?   If i give one million right now, how to invest it ?   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

APPRENTICESHIP INTERVIEW IN Paris
    Met two senior front office professional professional
    2nd round was an HR interview with super tough logic psychometric test + an 1,5hours personality test

Interview Questions
    • logic psychometric test + an 1,5hours personality test   View Answer

Pricer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SG CIB in June 2013.

Questions about my CV. About the fact that I've never been to Japan. One integral calculation (lim(int(1/(1+x^n),x,0,inf),n,inf))

VIE Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SG CIB.

Initial phone interview of about one hour. Then I passed some tests in Paris with an recruitment cabinet: IQ test, reasoning and calculus test, and personality test.
    After that I had an background check with Ubifrance and the FACC (French American chamber of commerce ) of New York, and another phone interviw with the FACC to check my level in English.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SG CIB in March 2013.

cv screening, phone interview, face-to-face interview.
    as for the phone interview, there are standard questions to be expected, so do more research here.

Interview Questions
    • a time when you felt especially proud of your professionalism   Answer Question

Developper Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SG CIB in May 2012.

One to one interview with at leat 3 employees who have different types of roles: developpers, business analysts and directors. Interview started with asking questions about my CV, internships and motivation. Then it went to more technical questions mainly on C++ and design patterns. On the c++ many questions ranging from polymorphism, STL, smart pointers to more in depth questions on memory management mechanisms.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between STL vector and list: cost of read, write, insertion.   Answer Question