SG CIB Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

2.6

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SG CIB in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on the companies website and got a call from HR. I had two rounds of interviews within a week, talked about the start date, and it clearly sounded like I had an offer coming in very shortly. Then, I haven't heard from anyone for over a month, followed up with HR and found out that I didn't get the job. I really liked the initial organization, but after that, I would have probably not heard from the company had I not followed up.

Interview Questions

• The questions were surrounded around my experience and resume, very to the point and reasonable.   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Interview

I was contacted via Bloomberg, went through an interview in which I was asked several fit and technical questions, few brain teasers. The process was concluded with a case study.

Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SG CIB.

Interview

A typical process

Negotiation

Salary can be neg

Investment Banking Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SG CIB.

Interview

Un entretien à deux tours. Premier tour avec étude de cas et des questions, 45 minutes de préparation initiale. Suivi d'un test numérique type TAGE MAGE. 2ème entretien fit + technique.

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SG CIB (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was quick and a good turnaround however the requirement was an urgent hire on a fixed term contract. 1st interview with hiring manager going through role, key objectives and review of Cv with one or two competency based questions. Conversational feel to the interview which was a good sign and due to my level of experience the hiring manager wanted to proceed further. 2nd Interview was with HR to check motivation for the role, long term goals and talked about SG as a firm as well as HR related info required. This went well, it was relaxed and informal.

Interview Questions

• What are your motivations for applying to Société Générale?   Answer Question
    • What is your product knowledge of Capital Markets?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated remuneration

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SG CIB.

Interview

I submitted resume and cover letter by email and was invited to the office for a 1:1 interview. The interview took 30 minutes and they were very friendly. No technical questions were asked. Rather, they went through your resume and asked how you would act in several given situations. They also focused on how you got interested in this company and what you expect from working in SG.

Interview Questions

• How will you persuade someone who has an opinion conflicting with you?   Answer Question

Middle Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SG CIB.

Interview

Basic behavioural interview. Be ready with lost of examples of how different situations were handled in previous jobs.

Trader Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SG CIB (Paris (France)) in October 2013.

Interview

Quelle est la différence entre Lib.6M et Lib.3M ? Lequel coûte le plus, un 6MLib ou un échange 3MLib ?

What is the difference between lib.6M and Lib.3M ? who cost more, a 6MLib Swap or a 3MLib Swap ?

Interview Questions

• Si j'avance un million maintenant, comment l'investir ?   If i give one million right now, how to invest it ?   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Interview

APPRENTICESHIP INTERVIEW IN Paris Met two senior front office professional professional 2nd round was an HR interview with super tough logic psychometric test + an 1,5hours personality test

Interview Questions

• logic psychometric test + an 1,5hours personality test   1 Answer

Pricer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SG CIB (Tokyo (Japan)) in June 2013.

Interview

Questions about my CV. About the fact that I've never been to Japan. One integral calculation (lim(int(1/(1+x^n),x,0,inf),n,inf))