SGL Carbon Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

Finisher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Marys, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Marys, PA

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at SGL Carbon in March 2009.

Requires aptitude test for math and mechanics. Interview went quite well with my pass experence helping to get me hired.

Process Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hickman, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Hickman, KY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at SGL Carbon.

Talked to recruiter at career fair, followed by same day interview. Was contacted by same recruiter a couple weeks later for an on-site interview. They flew me in to Memphis and provided me with a rental car for a 2.5 hour drive to Hickman and was taken out to dinner by hiring manager and two other engineers. The next day consisted of breakfast, plant tour, two behavioral interviews, and lunch.

Interview Questions

Executive Assistant to the Managing Directors & Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at SGL Carbon in November 2011.

There was no Human Resource Manager but the Finance Head was handling the HR Dept. The call was professional however in practicality it was extremely disorganized. There was no sense of responsibility and acknowledgement towards the candidates present for the interview. More importantly the Documentation took 2 weeks to be completed and had to be given a push for , everyday. Salary negotiations were done/handled in the most unprofessional manner.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to shift from Hospitality into the Corporate(Manufacturing) Segment?   Answer Question
    • Give us one reason as to why should we recruit / consider you from all the other candidates who have come in?   Answer Question
    Negotiations were not satisfactory. It was more like a negotiation that takes place in the fish market. Cutting down on the basics and HRA & other possible aspects and giving a hike in a bonus amount which has a clause of entitlement after 9 months.
    A little inconsiderate, if the Managing Directors have decided onto an aspect the Finance Department cuts it down furthermore to show cost cutting/ savings to justify the salary they are getting.

Hence definitely a little too unprofessional when it comes to monetary aspects.

Worked for SGL Carbon? Contribute to the Community!