SGS

Getting the Interview

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dock Operator Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SGS.

Interview Details – Panel interveiw, expect 4 or more in the room

Interview Question – Whats your greatest weakness and strength   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay depends on what site you get, shoot for Valero...they get better raises after each year of work

Laboratory Technician Interview

Laboratory Technician
Anchorage, AK

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SGS in February 2013.

Interview Details – Got hired as an intern from UBC. Had a phone interview with the production manager who asked me mainly about teamwork skills and didnt seem interested in any of my technical background. Pretty much told me Anchorage was a terrible place to stay and tried to scare me off. Pretty much told me I had the job at the interview.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Analyst II Interview

Northbrook, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SGS.

Interview Details – I contacted an employee of the business and gave him a resume to hand off to management. I scheduled an interview. The interview was not difficult. It was a family owned company that was recently purchased by a multi-national corporation. Their questions were not very insightful or difficult. The interview included a tour of their facility

Negotiation Details – They made the offer and there was no room for negotiation.

Inspection Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at SGS.

Interview Details – Interview was held with two managers, it is a fair and comfortable interview

Interview Question – "who is your role model?"   Answer Question

Analyst I Interview

Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SGS in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through a recruiter,and the recruiter called me to tell me they were interested in interviewing me right the next day. Wasn't asked too many difficult question, no star questions. One of the interviewers was weird and kind of a bully, I had no work experience and only had research experience in college, so he kept saying I wasn't fit for the job because it wasn't a research position. The hiring manager asked me what I was trying to do by pursuing an M.S. in Bioengineering after a B.S. in Biochemistry, she asked "were you trying to get into med school or what". Kind of a weird question to ask. Weird experience overall, especially since I didn't have much interviewing experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about your background or experience related to the things I showed you in the lab.   Answer Question

Human Resources Administrator Interview

East Rutherford, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SGS.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 4 different people. The girl who was promoted was interviewing me for her past position had a terrible attitude and was very arrogant. She pretty much cut me off and said " I have no more questions for you". I did the respectable and professional courtesy of sending each individual I had interviewed a thank you email. The company lacks professionalism because not only did they not respond to my follow up, they flat out didn't bother letting me know I wasn't hired.

Interview Question – How do you feel about Obamacare?   View Answers (2)

Customer Service Account Manager Interview

Rutherford, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at SGS in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was called by the HR recruiter for a phone screening. The phone interview lead to a face to face interview with the hiring manager. The interview went VERY well. I was told I would be notified in 2-3 days with a decision. Well, one month later, no word. I emailed the recruiter and was informed the position was put on hold. TWO months later, she calls to ask me to come in for another interview with the dept. VP. I agreed, within one half hour I was notified that the VP was traveling and I would be re-scheduled. NEVER heard back!!
SGS should get their ducks in a row before reaching out, especially in this difficult and emotional time of job searching. LOST MY FAITH in SGS integrity!!!

OGC Inspector and Shift Supervisor Interview

Pasadena, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SGS.

Interview Details – Applied online, interviewed once and was hired. Not a difficult process.

Interview Question – Very basic questions. It was not a lengthy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Starting pay is dependent upon experience, as well as the specific office one is being hired to work at.

Interview Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SGS in December 2010.

Interview Details – After applying, 6 weeks after I got a call to do a face to face interview. Pretty simple ask my past experience and why I should be chosen for the position. 2 weeks after I got a phone call with an offer for the position giving details of pay and benefits. Email after emails were sent for training and new hire packets. 4 week training at a UTI school on estimating and processes of SGS.

Interview Question – Most difficult was learning memorizing the guidelines for each client.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation it was a set stone offer. At the time I needed a job and could not turn it down.

Tax Associate Interview

East Rutherford, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SGS in September 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online I got an email about 4 or 5 days later telling me to contact someone. After I contacted the person a telephone interview with the same person was scheduled for later on in the week (2-3 days after initial contact). After a very brief telephone interview I was scheduled for an in person interview. There I was interviewed by 3 people. One was the head of the tax department and the other was the person directly below him. Basic questions were asked and than I was interviewed by the HR guy. He really didn't ask questions just explained the process and the benefits the company offered. All told the interviews lasted between 35 - 45 minutes (total).

Interview Question – None, pretty basic questions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SGS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SGS interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by SGS employees and interview candidates.