SGS Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.5

Log-in Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SGS.

Interview

Went over resume and credentials and why I wanted to pursue a career in SGS. Very friendly staff and in-person interview was very calm and straightforward. There were not many or any difficult questions to answer. Preferred individuals who had a passion and interest in science and they contacted you right away!

Microbiologist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SGS.

Interview

I first met with the manager and had a one on one interview. I was then given a tour of the facility before meeting with the supervisor and having another one on one interview. Both were very friendly and answered every question I had regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• Questioned on various microbiology tests and laboratory experience.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at SGS (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward process. Started with a phone screen , which was followed by a series of face-to-face interviews. Interviewed with a cross-function of people including senior mangers, middle managers and peers. Process was conducted with speed. there was no personality profile as part of the pre=offer process.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my project management experience.   1 Answer

I had a better competing offer.

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SGS (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First round of interview was with HR and went pretty smooth, next was face to face interview with manager. They looked very impressed and said will get back to me about the hiring decision. 4 weeks and NO reply from their end at all. Finally I had to contact them back and heard that they choose other candidate. Highly unprofessional when it came to communication.

Business Development Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SGS.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, phone interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager was late for one of the phone interviews and I had to call the HR department to locate him. Face to face interview with hiring manager and his administrative assistant. Met with lab people, tour of the lab, interviewed with other insignificant people within the lab.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager did most of the talking and hardly asked any questions. They asked if I was willing to travel and how I go about building relationships.   Answer Question

Petroleum Inspector Interview

Interview

Very personal interview, no standard questions, just an opportunity to meet you and try to figure you out. Not much experience necessary for an entry level position, just be persistent. The person that shows they want the job and who is persistent will get the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions to evaluate your reactions to different circumstances.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are no negotiations for entry level positions. Hire in, prove yourself, request a raise after 1 year every year for the first 4-5, if you are worth it you will get it. After 4-5 yrs you add a lot of value and have plenty of room for advancement.

Health and Safety Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SGS (Denver, CO).

Interview

I submitted an application online, and was contacted for an initial (short) phone interview with an HR specialist. She was very nice, and after a couple of questions told me I would be forwarded on to the next level. The next interview was another short interview with the administrative manager at the local facility. He was very pleasant, and we discussed the job and salary requirements. I was invited for a face-to-face the same week. At that interview, I met the facility manager as well as the gentleman I spoke with on the phone. We had a great talk about the job, responsibilities, expectations on both sides; I even learned something about the industry, which was very cool. After a few days, I was contacted by the HR Specialist again, who informed me I wasn't selected for the position. There had only been one other candidate, and she felt that they hired that person based on a lower salary requirement. I understood this; everyone has a bottom line they have to watch.

Interview Questions

• The question I was asked was what would happen to a car that was being tested on a dynamometer if it jumped off the machine.   1 Answer

Safety Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SGS (Aurora, CO).

Interview

Great experience through the interview. It was very informal but let you express what you can bring to the table. The atmosphere at the site was very intellectual which is a good fit for some. I feel that this position is great for those that can work independently

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SGS (Fairfield, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. Initial phone interview then face to face interview with managers. Just be confident, be personable, speak well and research about the company so that you are aware of what they do.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is not much room for negotiation. You could get them to pay you a little more if you sell your experiences.

Dock Operator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SGS.

Interview

Panel interveiw, expect 4 or more in the room

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay depends on what site you get, shoot for Valero...they get better raises after each year of work