SGS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.5

Log-in Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SGS.

Interview

Went over resume and credentials and why I wanted to pursue a career in SGS. Very friendly staff and in-person interview was very calm and straightforward. There were not many or any difficult questions to answer. Preferred individuals who had a passion and interest in science and they contacted you right away!

Microbiologist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SGS.

Interview

I first met with the manager and had a one on one interview. I was then given a tour of the facility before meeting with the supervisor and having another one on one interview. Both were very friendly and answered every question I had regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• Questioned on various microbiology tests and laboratory experience.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SGS (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward process. Started with a phone screen , which was followed by a series of face-to-face interviews. Interviewed with a cross-function of people including senior mangers, middle managers and peers. Process was conducted with speed. there was no personality profile as part of the pre=offer process.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my project management experience.   1 Answer

I had a better competing offer.

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SGS (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First round of interview was with HR and went pretty smooth, next was face to face interview with manager. They looked very impressed and said will get back to me about the hiring decision. 4 weeks and NO reply from their end at all. Finally I had to contact them back and heard that they choose other candidate. Highly unprofessional when it came to communication.

Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at SGS in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted through contract company for interview at lab location, no details were given to me before interview except contract hourly pay and hours. Lab tour first then interview with 3 managers. They asked a few basic technical questions based off my chemistry internship experience, then it got kinda quiet so before it got awkward I started asking questions about the work environment and training process. They must have liked my initiative because I got a call back the next week to start asap.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations available - contract to hire is flat rate. No matter your experience your job title determines your pay.

Business Development Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SGS.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, phone interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager was late for one of the phone interviews and I had to call the HR department to locate him. Face to face interview with hiring manager and his administrative assistant. Met with lab people, tour of the lab, interviewed with other insignificant people within the lab.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager did most of the talking and hardly asked any questions. They asked if I was willing to travel and how I go about building relationships.   Answer Question

Petroleum Inspector Interview

Interview

Very personal interview, no standard questions, just an opportunity to meet you and try to figure you out. Not much experience necessary for an entry level position, just be persistent. The person that shows they want the job and who is persistent will get the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions to evaluate your reactions to different circumstances.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are no negotiations for entry level positions. Hire in, prove yourself, request a raise after 1 year every year for the first 4-5, if you are worth it you will get it. After 4-5 yrs you add a lot of value and have plenty of room for advancement.

Health and Safety Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SGS (Denver, CO).

Interview

I submitted an application online, and was contacted for an initial (short) phone interview with an HR specialist. She was very nice, and after a couple of questions told me I would be forwarded on to the next level. The next interview was another short interview with the administrative manager at the local facility. He was very pleasant, and we discussed the job and salary requirements. I was invited for a face-to-face the same week. At that interview, I met the facility manager as well as the gentleman I spoke with on the phone. We had a great talk about the job, responsibilities, expectations on both sides; I even learned something about the industry, which was very cool. After a few days, I was contacted by the HR Specialist again, who informed me I wasn't selected for the position. There had only been one other candidate, and she felt that they hired that person based on a lower salary requirement. I understood this; everyone has a bottom line they have to watch.

Interview Questions

• The question I was asked was what would happen to a car that was being tested on a dynamometer if it jumped off the machine.   1 Answer

Safety Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SGS (Aurora, CO).

Interview

Great experience through the interview. It was very informal but let you express what you can bring to the table. The atmosphere at the site was very intellectual which is a good fit for some. I feel that this position is great for those that can work independently

Business Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SGS (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview with the geomarket manager, and the director of industrial operations, and we met in the hotel and it was faster and i had explain the operations, and all my life and career aspects that i had during the past years, I think they were impress, however the business of this company was not good and the previous management, was handling bad, and they have too many issues.but the process was easy with them and they give me what i want but i think it was not good decision changing from SLB, in any case im looking for better company or I want to go back to SLB.