SGV & Co.

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at SGV & Co..

Hiring and interview process is actually the same as with every other company. SGV yearly offers numerous jobs since employee turnover are in the hundreds. Hiring can be done through walkins or employee referral. After submitting your resume, you can be invited to for an examination or the exam can be skipped and you can go straigth to the interview portion. There are two interviews, one conducted by the HR office and another by the manager of partner of your future team.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SGV & Co..

The exam was a hard and mostly test your logic and reasoning. For the interview process, the first one would be with the HR personnel.

Interview Questions
    I was just told that I was hired and I should start as soon as possible.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at SGV & Co..

Fast! Got a call in 1 week time for a job offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SGV & Co..

I submitted my resume to the secretary and immediately contacted by HR for exams and interview. HR interview is easy. A few hours after the interview the HR called me for interview with the partner. The interview is very relaxed and not formal at all. Hired that day and started the following week.

No negotiation. The salary is fixed.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cebu City (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cebu City (Philippines)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SGV & Co. in November 2012.

I submitted my resume directly to the SGV Office. And after a week I got a call from them and told me that I am scheduled to take an exam the 2 days after. The exam is more on english proficiency test and an essay. The first screening starts after you pass the exam. You will be interviewed by a panel of senior associates and when you passed, you will then be interviewed by the manager and lastly, the Partner.

Interview Questions
    • We understand that you have also applied to other firms. What if that firm gave a call to you and told you that you are hired already, will you still continue your application here in SGV?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SGV & Co. in October 2012.

They would go to the review center for certified public accountant aspirants and administer some exams. Then you submit your resumes and wait for them to call you.

Interview Questions
    The contract is an as-is basis unless you are a topnotcher.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at SGV & Co. in May 2012.

I went through just a single interview. It was with an HR associate. His questions were quite basic and usual. Days before I took the CPA exam I had the interview. Then after taking the CPA exam and getting the results, I visited the company for an update. I was then informed that I was getting a job offer.

There was no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SGV & Co. in December 2011.

First, there would be an exa and then you will be contacted for a scheduled interview. Based on the interview, you will be hired or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at SGV & Co. in November 2011.

I don't know in detail since I haven't gone through a proper process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SGV & Co. in November 2011.

I passed my CV in person and was interviewed first for the tax associate role. However, I preferred to be assigned to Audit. Thus, my resume was forwarded to the Audit department. Further, I took the competency exam and got interviewed by the HR personnel only. No audit partner interview. Already started 2 weeks after the interview.