SGV & Co. Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

2.5

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SGV & Co. (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I as asked basic interview questions; tell us about yourself, why should we pick you and what is your availability? The interview was brief (about 5 mins) and the interviewer described the duties of the position.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cebu City (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SGV & Co. (Cebu City (Philippines)) in May 2015.

Interview

first, there is an essay examination good for 15 mins. then, proceed to 3 levels of interview. 1st level is interviewed by the staff next is the manager then lastly is the partner.

Interview Questions

• Why SGV? How long are you planning to stay in the firm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SGV & Co. (Makati City (Philippines)) in October 2014.

Interview

On the day after the board results were released, my boyfriend was texted by the HR. The next day he was already employed. I immediately tried my luck the next week. There are two steps in the interview: one with the HR and one with the managers. No interviews with HR were conducted for graduates with honors. So I passed the first stage. We were just asked what were the 3 groups that we want to be in. And from there, we would be talking to the managers.

Interview Questions

• What would make you stay?
      Why SGV?
      How long do you plan to stay?

Answer Question

Associate Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at SGV & Co. (Makati City (Philippines)).

Interview

Hiring and interview process is actually the same as with every other company. SGV yearly offers numerous jobs since employee turnover are in the hundreds. Hiring can be done through walkins or employee referral. After submitting your resume, you can be invited to for an examination or the exam can be skipped and you can go straigth to the interview portion. There are two interviews, one conducted by the HR office and another by the manager of partner of your future team.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SGV & Co..

Interview

The exam was a hard and mostly test your logic and reasoning. For the interview process, the first one would be with the HR personnel.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was just told that I was hired and I should start as soon as possible.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at SGV & Co..

Interview

Fast! Got a call in 1 week time for a job offer

Associate Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SGV & Co. (Makati City (Philippines)).

Interview

I submitted my resume to the secretary and immediately contacted by HR for exams and interview. HR interview is easy. A few hours after the interview the HR called me for interview with the partner. The interview is very relaxed and not formal at all. Hired that day and started the following week.

Negotiation

No negotiation. The salary is fixed.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cebu City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SGV & Co. (Cebu City (Philippines)) in November 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume directly to the SGV Office. And after a week I got a call from them and told me that I am scheduled to take an exam the 2 days after. The exam is more on english proficiency test and an essay. The first screening starts after you pass the exam. You will be interviewed by a panel of senior associates and when you passed, you will then be interviewed by the manager and lastly, the Partner.

Interview Questions

• We understand that you have also applied to other firms. What if that firm gave a call to you and told you that you are hired already, will you still continue your application here in SGV?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SGV & Co. (Makati City (Philippines)) in October 2012.

Interview

They would go to the review center for certified public accountant aspirants and administer some exams. Then you submit your resumes and wait for them to call you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The contract is an as-is basis unless you are a topnotcher.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at SGV & Co. (Makati City (Philippines)) in May 2012.

Interview

I went through just a single interview. It was with an HR associate. His questions were quite basic and usual. Days before I took the CPA exam I had the interview. Then after taking the CPA exam and getting the results, I visited the company for an update. I was then informed that I was getting a job offer.

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.