SHI International Interview Questions in Austin, TX

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.5

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted based on a referral by the recruiter, the conversation lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked to come in for a one on one. I spoke with the recruiter and then the hiring manager for the position. Total time was almost 2 hours. Then it took about 4 days for background check

Interview Questions

• What is going to make you get through hard long days of cold calling?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with the HR representative and Account Manager. They were both quick and to the point, assertive with their questions and wanted to see if you would respond similarly. The format of both interviews was like that, about 10 big questions each about your background and if you would be someone that could be an asset to effectively bring more customers in for them.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous work experience make you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview, essentially all they ask is that you explain your resume. It is important to note that they are looking for individuals who they think are competitive. It is a very laid back atmosphere and a young environment. I was not very interested in the position and I think they could tell I did not really consider it a career option, because of the low base salary..

Interview Questions

• Asked if I considered myself competitive and money hungry?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I scheduled the interview with one of their HR people. The interview was short and pleasant, but was not done with the Hiring Manager so it seemed like kind of a waste of time. I was pretty disappointed that I didn't get the job. The company reminded me of the movie "Boiler Room".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

you have one interview broken into two parts, say you have a need for competition and you're in. I thought it was easy to get a job here until one of my friends got denied . They hire based on personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation process. The salary is what the salary is

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Fast process. Applied and had a phone interview within two days of applying. Then invited to an in person interview which was scheduled a week after phone interview. Final decisions where made within 5 days of formal interview. They have a high employee turnover rate, so they are always hiring new people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Quick turnaround. I applied online, was called in for an interview, and offered the job within a week. The length of hiring process will depend on when their next training class begins for this position and if you already have a job. They're hiring a lot of people right now (20/month) and have an awesome training program set up that begins around the first or second week of each month. Ex) Applied in mid November, received offer, put in 2 weeks notice at current job (around Thanksgiving, so it was like 2.5 weeks), training class began December 9th.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about SHI?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate, but there are no negotiations. All Inside Account Executives make 30k + commission. The commission plan is one of the best around and after 4-6 months of cold calling, persistence, and a lot of determination, you'll be well on your way to making 50-60k

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Received a phone call an hour after I applied online asking for a interview. Phone interview was basic. Went in next day for a official interview.

Had other job offers

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very laid back, but also very direct with questions.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Very nice people just do not believe everything you heat

Interview Questions

Company lied about the turnover rate and tried to offer me less than what job description was