SHI International

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in January 2014.

Interview Details – Fast process. Applied and had a phone interview within two days of applying. Then invited to an in person interview which was scheduled a week after phone interview. Final decisions where made within 5 days of formal interview. They have a high employee turnover rate, so they are always hiring new people.

Interview Question – What are your career plans for the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at SHI International in November 2013.

Interview Details – Quick turnaround. I applied online, was called in for an interview, and offered the job within a week. The length of hiring process will depend on when their next training class begins for this position and if you already have a job. They're hiring a lot of people right now (20/month) and have an awesome training program set up that begins around the first or second week of each month. Ex) Applied in mid November, received offer, put in 2 weeks notice at current job (around Thanksgiving, so it was like 2.5 weeks), training class began December 9th.

Interview Question – How did you hear about SHI?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate, but there are no negotiations. All Inside Account Executives make 30k + commission. The commission plan is one of the best around and after 4-6 months of cold calling, persistence, and a lot of determination, you'll be well on your way to making 50-60k

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SHI International in August 2013.

Interview Details – Received a phone call an hour after I applied online asking for a interview. Phone interview was basic. Went in next day for a official interview.

Reason for Declining – Had other job offers

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at SHI International.

Interview Details – Very laid back, but also very direct with questions.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Inside Sales Account Manager
Austin, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very nice people just do not believe everything you heat

Interview Question – Tell about yourself   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Company lied about the turnover rate and tried to offer me less than what job description was

Intern Interview

Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in May 2010.

Interview Details – Initially met with SHI during a career fair where one of the managers flagged me down. He was nice, though a bit forward. Ended up securing an interview with one of the managers. He wasn't really sure how to conduct one but was nice enough. After that I had 2 on 1 interview with some of upper management. It was a little intimidating but we were able to joke and have a good time.

Interview Questions

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Inside Sales Account Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SHI International in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a brief phone screening, a phone interview, and then an interview with 2 hiring managers. These managers are in charge of corporate inside sales for the entire US. They were professional, personable, and knowledgable about the field and what SHI does within the field. The company is growing and seems like a positive place to work with many nice people.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses that you bring to this position.   View Answers (2)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SHI International? Contribute to the Community!

SHI International Videos

SHI International – Why Work for Us?

Careers at SHI In addition to a competitive salary and high-quality benefits package, SHI offers an exciting, fun and supportive environment that was recently recognized by our employees as one of the best places to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SHI International interview questions and advice in Austin, TX. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by SHI International employees and interview candidates.