SHI International Inside Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.2

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a SHI recruiter through Linkedin. I interviewed with her for about 5 minutes and she asked very basic questions. Then she sent in 2 sales managers whom asked me typical interview questions. This was about 30-45 minutes. After they left, the sales director came to interview me as well. He grilled me about my sales experience. Overall the total time for interviews concluded to about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why are you different than any other collage graduate that thinks they deserve this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no room for negotiation. They hire 20-30 collage grads a month. They will easily move you aside and hire the next kid in line who will gladly accept the $30,000 base pay.

Other Interview Reviews for SHI International

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

you have one interview broken into two parts, say you have a need for competition and you're in. I thought it was easy to get a job here until one of my friends got denied . They hire based on personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation process. The salary is what the salary is

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SHI International.

Interview

Hiring process was quick. Had a phone interview the day after I submitted my resume online and then was asked to come in the next day where I was interviewed by human resources and another manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation- they are pretty upfront about the salary and expectations of this job

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SHI International in January 2014.

Interview

not to bad.... Just be honest and have a smile on your face the whole interview and you should be able to get the job. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview, essentially all they ask is that you explain your resume. It is important to note that they are looking for individuals who they think are competitive. It is a very laid back atmosphere and a young environment. I was not very interested in the position and I think they could tell I did not really consider it a career option, because of the low base salary..

Interview Questions

• Asked if I considered myself competitive and money hungry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Received a phone call an hour after I applied online asking for a interview. Phone interview was basic. Went in next day for a official interview.

Had other job offers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Quick turnaround. I applied online, was called in for an interview, and offered the job within a week. The length of hiring process will depend on when their next training class begins for this position and if you already have a job. They're hiring a lot of people right now (20/month) and have an awesome training program set up that begins around the first or second week of each month. Ex) Applied in mid November, received offer, put in 2 weeks notice at current job (around Thanksgiving, so it was like 2.5 weeks), training class began December 9th.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about SHI?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate, but there are no negotiations. All Inside Account Executives make 30k + commission. The commission plan is one of the best around and after 4-6 months of cold calling, persistence, and a lot of determination, you'll be well on your way to making 50-60k

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SHI International.

Interview

It was very comfortable. First you meet with a recruiter and then with a head of the department. Very friendly and they just want to make sure you are a good fit for the position. Be aware of what you will be required to do and show your enthusiasm. A lot of young people within the office.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Fast process. Applied and had a phone interview within two days of applying. Then invited to an in person interview which was scheduled a week after phone interview. Final decisions where made within 5 days of formal interview. They have a high employee turnover rate, so they are always hiring new people.

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

interviewed at SHI International in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online thru my school and after a few weeks I was called by an HR rep and we discussed a few preliminary things and then they asked me to set up an interview time with them. The interview was in a small room at a desk and I was asked typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your life that relates to this position?   Answer Question