SHI International Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

2.5

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with the HR representative and Account Manager. They were both quick and to the point, assertive with their questions and wanted to see if you would respond similarly.

The format of both interviews was like that, about 10 big questions each about your background and if you would be someone that could be an asset to effectively bring more customers in for them.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous work experience make you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I scheduled the interview with one of their HR people. The interview was short and pleasant, but was not done with the Hiring Manager so it seemed like kind of a waste of time. I was pretty disappointed that I didn't get the job. The company reminded me of the movie "Boiler Room".

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview, essentially all they ask is that you explain your resume. It is important to note that they are looking for individuals who they think are competitive. It is a very laid back atmosphere and a young environment. I was not very interested in the position and I think they could tell I did not really consider it a career option, because of the low base salary..

Interview Questions

• Asked if I considered myself competitive and money hungry?   Answer Question

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SHI International.

Interview

Hiring process was quick. Had a phone interview the day after I submitted my resume online and then was asked to come in the next day where I was interviewed by human resources and another manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation- they are pretty upfront about the salary and expectations of this job

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SHI International.

Interview

It was very comfortable. First you meet with a recruiter and then with a head of the department. Very friendly and they just want to make sure you are a good fit for the position. Be aware of what you will be required to do and show your enthusiasm. A lot of young people within the office.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International.

Interview

Basic phone conversation with an internal recruiter, and then an in person interview with two members of upper management. Basic questions such as, "explain what SHI does", and "why do you want to be in sales?". I heard that after this interview there would be another person to talk to, I'm guessing the person that would had hired me, but unfortunately I was not selected to go on. It probably would had been easy to move on but I answered some questions horribly and was extremely nervous. I learned a lot from it though.

Interview Questions

Application

interviewed at SHI International in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online thru my school and after a few weeks I was called by an HR rep and we discussed a few preliminary things and then they asked me to set up an interview time with them. The interview was in a small room at a desk and I was asked typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your life that relates to this position?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

They were super nice but didn't give much away in the interview. Pretty cut and dry 1st job out of college stuff. Looking for reliable people who wanted a solid post college start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a set base and bonus based on your team when I started.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SHI International.

Interview

I met with the District manager first at an off-site location. This seems to be common practice for SHI. I had interview #2 at the office and met the rest of the team. Interview #3 was a phone interview with the head of HR and the final interview was with the Director of Sales. I also submitted to a background check.

Interview Questions

• What is the top quality that you possess that separates you from the other candidates? And your second quality? Be prepared for the follow-up on questions. Most people only prepare for their top quality or single reason, but they definitely go deeper than that.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ).

Interview

Two step interview process. First is a call by the very friendly talent acquisition staff to basically go over your resume. Very simple, just introduce yourself and explain how you could be a team member for the organization. Most candidates for this position have accounting degrees so it might be a good idea to talk about what you find interesting about accounting and why you chose the degree.

Second step (not more than 2 weeks after phone interview) you will be invited to sit down with two hiring managers and go over the position in detail. Listen to what they and be sure to ask questions. You will also meet with the talent acquisition specialist to go over benefits and salary. If you're extended the opportunity they will call you and send you the contract via mail to officially accept the offer as with any other company.

All in all, this is a great company. People are friendly and the facility is very, very nice. (Formerly an AT&T building in Somerset, NJ) Pay might be lacking but for an entry level job it makes up for it in bonuses and benefits. Best of luck.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine credit worthiness of a company?   1 Answer