SHI International Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.5

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted based on a referral by the recruiter, the conversation lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked to come in for a one on one. I spoke with the recruiter and then the hiring manager for the position. Total time was almost 2 hours. Then it took about 4 days for background check

Interview Questions

• What is going to make you get through hard long days of cold calling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a short phone interview. I was asked basic introductory information. I was then scheduled for a Skype interview with the recruiter from the phone interview. She then scheduled me to Skype with the hiring manager, and I was offered a position that same week.

Interview Questions

I wouldn't be able to afford to live in the area based on the salary + commission.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with the HR representative and Account Manager. They were both quick and to the point, assertive with their questions and wanted to see if you would respond similarly. The format of both interviews was like that, about 10 big questions each about your background and if you would be someone that could be an asset to effectively bring more customers in for them.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous work experience make you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview, essentially all they ask is that you explain your resume. It is important to note that they are looking for individuals who they think are competitive. It is a very laid back atmosphere and a young environment. I was not very interested in the position and I think they could tell I did not really consider it a career option, because of the low base salary..

Interview Questions

• Asked if I considered myself competitive and money hungry?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I scheduled the interview with one of their HR people. The interview was short and pleasant, but was not done with the Hiring Manager so it seemed like kind of a waste of time. I was pretty disappointed that I didn't get the job. The company reminded me of the movie "Boiler Room".

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SHI International.

Interview

Hiring process was quick. Had a phone interview the day after I submitted my resume online and then was asked to come in the next day where I was interviewed by human resources and another manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation- they are pretty upfront about the salary and expectations of this job

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SHI International.

Interview

It was very comfortable. First you meet with a recruiter and then with a head of the department. Very friendly and they just want to make sure you are a good fit for the position. Be aware of what you will be required to do and show your enthusiasm. A lot of young people within the office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Quick phone interview to gauge your interest. In person interview with recruiter, then with hiring manager. The recruiter is very nice and doesn't present many challenging questions. The hiring manager tends to put you on the spot. I believe this is done to see if you can handle the pressures of cold calling. They are looking for a positive reaction to negatively portrayed scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable cold calling 50 people a day?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International.

Interview

Basic phone conversation with an internal recruiter, and then an in person interview with two members of upper management. Basic questions such as, "explain what SHI does", and "why do you want to be in sales?". I heard that after this interview there would be another person to talk to, I'm guessing the person that would had hired me, but unfortunately I was not selected to go on. It probably would had been easy to move on but I answered some questions horribly and was extremely nervous. I learned a lot from it though.

Interview Questions

Application

interviewed at SHI International in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online thru my school and after a few weeks I was called by an HR rep and we discussed a few preliminary things and then they asked me to set up an interview time with them. The interview was in a small room at a desk and I was asked typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your life that relates to this position?   Answer Question