SHI International Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.4

easy

Inside Account Executive Interview

This interview process took 2 weeks I got a phone interview and ten met at the company headquarters. Very basic interview questions about my goals and my weaknesses. I wish they did a better job axing questions though because I feel as if those types of questions are not helpful in determining the validity of a good costumer or not. I had a good interview experience. The people were very friendly and knowledgeable about the company.

Account Executive Public Sector Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in February 2014.

I reached out to the corporate recruiter through email and he set up the initial call. After I got passed that interview I had a phone conversation with the hiring director, then another director. After I had to present a business plan to both the directors I interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Preparing for the presentation. You have to do your homework and know what your going to do daily, monthly and quarterly.   Answer Question
    A little bit but I was given more than I was expecting in the first place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in January 2014.

Fast process. Applied and had a phone interview within two days of applying. Then invited to an in person interview which was scheduled a week after phone interview. Final decisions where made within 5 days of formal interview. They have a high employee turnover rate, so they are always hiring new people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SHI International in November 2013.

Quick turnaround. I applied online, was called in for an interview, and offered the job within a week. The length of hiring process will depend on when their next training class begins for this position and if you already have a job. They're hiring a lot of people right now (20/month) and have an awesome training program set up that begins around the first or second week of each month. Ex) Applied in mid November, received offer, put in 2 weeks notice at current job (around Thanksgiving, so it was like 2.5 weeks), training class began December 9th.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate, but there are no negotiations. All Inside Account Executives make 30k + commission. The commission plan is one of the best around and after 4-6 months of cold calling, persistence, and a lot of determination, you'll be well on your way to making 50-60k

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International.

Met with HR, asked a few questions and then given a test that covered basic skills

Interview Questions
    • One thing you are skill you are looking to improve on in this job   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SHI International.

The hiring process is managed through the company HQ in New Jersey, but the interviews are handled by the local sales manager, and regional directors. In my experience, the interview process was pretty straight forward, there is a lot of value placed on previous sales experience, and on cultivating long standing executive level relationships.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging aspect of the interview was the wide range of products that SHI sells. Depending on pervious experience the line of questioning can go just about anywhere. You're better off admitting that you don't have experience around a certain technology, but you're eager to learn, rather than trying to fake it, or study up for the interview process.   Answer Question
    For account executives, there in not much room for negotiating on the base salary. There is a very aggressive commission structure, and you have an opportunity to make as much money as you want, but it will be heavily weighted to commissions rather than base salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International in August 2013.

Received a phone call an hour after I applied online asking for a interview. Phone interview was basic. Went in next day for a official interview.

Had other job offers

Inside Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International in August 2013.

I was contacted by a SHI recruiter through Linkedin. I interviewed with her for about 5 minutes and she asked very basic questions. Then she sent in 2 sales managers whom asked me typical interview questions. This was about 30-45 minutes. After they left, the sales director came to interview me as well. He grilled me about my sales experience. Overall the total time for interviews concluded to about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you different than any other collage graduate that thinks they deserve this job?   View Answer
    There is no room for negotiation. They hire 20-30 collage grads a month. They will easily move you aside and hire the next kid in line who will gladly accept the $30,000 base pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International in July 2013.

If they like you, the interview can last up to 4 hours. If they do not, youre out sooner than later.

Interview Questions
    • There was a 10 question quiz at the end. Its not difficult but I was not expecting it.   Answer Question
    None.