SHI International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.4

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SHI International.

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable. I was called in and was interviewed by 2 individuals. After the interview I then had to complete a questionnaire. I wouldn't say it was challenging but indeed required you to use your problem solving skills in a situation that required immediate attention. After the interview I received a phone call that they wanted to proceed with the background check. Human resource was very helpful over phone/email they constantly stayed in touch with me and updated me on my status.

Accounts Receivable Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an member of SHI's HR department, had a brief phone interview highlighting my work and classroom experiences. I then was invited to a face-to-face interview with the HR employee I talked on the phone with, was given a tour, then met with a hiring manager and took a short skills test on basic accounting concepts and excel.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about SHI?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted based on a referral by the recruiter, the conversation lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked to come in for a one on one. I spoke with the recruiter and then the hiring manager for the position. Total time was almost 2 hours. Then it took about 4 days for background check

Interview Questions

• What is going to make you get through hard long days of cold calling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Really easy, phone interview, then two in person interviews on right after the other in the office. Really weird office they put you in. Didn't feel comfortable at all. They just asked basic what is your work experience, explain a time when you were challenged, and be prepared with examples. Like I said if you are intelligent, have a mild college degree you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• Basically just talk about yourself in the best way. Sound intelligent and you will get a job. They love suckers with a business degree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a short phone interview. I was asked basic introductory information. I was then scheduled for a Skype interview with the recruiter from the phone interview. She then scheduled me to Skype with the hiring manager, and I was offered a position that same week.

Interview Questions

I wouldn't be able to afford to live in the area based on the salary + commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

In the initial phone screen almost all questions were regarding whether I would be willing to work for their low salary. The recruiter invited me in to meet with her and the hiring manager. At my in person interview, I sat in the main lobby for 25 minutes past my interview time before they finally came and got me. I wasn't very impressed at all.

Interview Questions

• After having seen the culture of our sales pit, how do you think you can contribute?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with the HR representative and Account Manager. They were both quick and to the point, assertive with their questions and wanted to see if you would respond similarly. The format of both interviews was like that, about 10 big questions each about your background and if you would be someone that could be an asset to effectively bring more customers in for them.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous work experience make you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Was a very brief and simple interview. Met with two people from HR separately and reviewed my resume. Gave me background of the company and culture and description of the position.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I scheduled the interview with one of their HR people. The interview was short and pleasant, but was not done with the Hiring Manager so it seemed like kind of a waste of time. I was pretty disappointed that I didn't get the job. The company reminded me of the movie "Boiler Room".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview, essentially all they ask is that you explain your resume. It is important to note that they are looking for individuals who they think are competitive. It is a very laid back atmosphere and a young environment. I was not very interested in the position and I think they could tell I did not really consider it a career option, because of the low base salary..

Interview Questions

• Asked if I considered myself competitive and money hungry?   Answer Question