SHI International

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SHI International in March 2010.

Interview Details – Lengthy 3-4 step interview process. First phone screened by HR, phone screen by DM, meet and screened by local team, face to face interview with DM then face to face with Regional Sales Director.

Interview Question – I was asked to be critical of myself regarding a large opportunity that I had lost at a previous position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Base salary + commission.

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in April 2013.

Interview Details – The initial interview (via phone) was with HR. We reviewed the job description and expectations, no unusual questions. Interview #2 (via phone) was with a Regional Manager. No unusual questions except the job description changed. Interview #3 (via phone) was with the Regional Manager and a National Manager. Once again, the job description changed.

Interview Question – Prior to the 3rd interview, I was asked to prepare several items. Considering my level of experience I found some of this unusual.

2 Business References
Written Communication
2 Writing Samples (you can delete or block the recipient) – Should be actual emails that you have sent to someone
• Customer Communication where you introduce yourself and/or your current company (Prospect or non-customer today)
• Vendor Communication that shows you understand how important our partners are to our business

Research/Initiative/Understanding of the Territory
• Number of Municipalities in each state - How they are organized
• Websites that will be helpful at finding prospect accounts and customers information
• Working in the Government space, there is quite a bit of legislation/policies/agendas that agencies –cities and towns are now required to abide to. For many of these policies there is an IT based solution. Please pick one of these new initiatives that could be an avenue to sell hardware, software, or professional services. Detail the products or vendors you would approach to work with you , how you would engage them, and put together a quick presentation that you might deliver to the client to sell them on the solution.
• Create a list of top 10 accounts that you would target as your “big accounts” to prospect and sell to. List at least one initiative they have going on over the next 12 months that you see SHI can assist with

6 Month Plan – What do you think it will take to be successful in this territory?
• Should include your Daily/Monthly/Quarterly Goals for yourself – CALLS – APPOINTMENT – QUOTES.
• Should include your Business Needs from SHI to accomplish these Goals
  Answer Question

Account Executive Public Sector Interview

Account Executive Public Sector

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in February 2014.

Interview Details – I reached out to the corporate recruiter through email and he set up the initial call. After I got passed that interview I had a phone conversation with the hiring director, then another director. After I had to present a business plan to both the directors I interviewed with.

Interview Question – Preparing for the presentation. You have to do your homework and know what your going to do daily, monthly and quarterly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A little bit but I was given more than I was expecting in the first place.

Somerset, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SHI International in July 2013.

Interview Details – If they like you, the interview can last up to 4 hours. If they do not, youre out sooner than later.

Interview Question – There was a 10 question quiz at the end. Its not difficult but I was not expecting it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Somerset, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SHI International.

Interview Details – Met with HR, asked a few questions and then given a test that covered basic skills

Interview Question – One thing you are skill you are looking to improve on in this job   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Inside Sales Account Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SHI International in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a brief phone screening, a phone interview, and then an interview with 2 hiring managers. These managers are in charge of corporate inside sales for the entire US. They were professional, personable, and knowledgable about the field and what SHI does within the field. The company is growing and seems like a positive place to work with many nice people.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses that you bring to this position.   View Answers (2)

Systems Architect Interview

Systems Architect

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at SHI International in April 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process is very direct on technical problem solving and approach. I was presented with a few technical issues and asked how I would solve them. This is very different from most companies today which use behavioral interview. One observation is that the employees feel like a big family.

Interview Question – How would you handle exception when one Session EJB calls another one?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Inside Sales Account Manager
Austin, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very nice people just do not believe everything you heat

Interview Question – Tell about yourself   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Company lied about the turnover rate and tried to offer me less than what job description was

Inside Account Manager

I interviewed at SHI International in August 2012.

Interview Details – There was a 10 minute phone screening, and then a follow up in person interview that lasted between 1 and 2 hours. They were very nice and easy to talk to. Fairly basic questions about your past experience and why you want to work at SHI.

Inside Account Executive Interview

Inside Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SHI International in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a SHI recruiter through Linkedin. I interviewed with her for about 5 minutes and she asked very basic questions. Then she sent in 2 sales managers whom asked me typical interview questions. This was about 30-45 minutes. After they left, the sales director came to interview me as well. He grilled me about my sales experience. Overall the total time for interviews concluded to about 3 hours.

Interview Question – Why are you different than any other collage graduate that thinks they deserve this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no room for negotiation. They hire 20-30 collage grads a month. They will easily move you aside and hire the next kid in line who will gladly accept the $30,000 base pay.

Worked for SHI International? Contribute to the Community!