SHI International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International in April 2013.

Interview

The initial interview (via phone) was with HR. We reviewed the job description and expectations, no unusual questions. Interview #2 (via phone) was with a Regional Manager. No unusual questions except the job description changed. Interview #3 (via phone) was with the Regional Manager and a National Manager. Once again, the job description changed.

Interview Questions

• Prior to the 3rd interview, I was asked to prepare several items. Considering my level of experience I found some of this unusual. 2 Business References Written Communication 2 Writing Samples (you can delete or block the recipient) – Should be actual emails that you have sent to someone • Customer Communication where you introduce yourself and/or your current company (Prospect or non-customer today) • Vendor Communication that shows you understand how important our partners are to our business Research/Initiative/Understanding of the Territory • Number of Municipalities in each state - How they are organized • Websites that will be helpful at finding prospect accounts and customers information • Working in the Government space, there is quite a bit of legislation/policies/agendas that agencies –cities and towns are now required to abide to. For many of these policies there is an IT based solution. Please pick one of these new initiatives that could be an avenue to sell hardware, software, or professional services. Detail the products or vendors you would approach to work with you , how you would engage them, and put together a quick presentation that you might deliver to the client to sell them on the solution. • Create a list of top 10 accounts that you would target as your “big accounts” to prospect and sell to. List at least one initiative they have going on over the next 12 months that you see SHI can assist with 6 Month Plan – What do you think it will take to be successful in this territory? • Should include your Daily/Monthly/Quarterly Goals for yourself – CALLS – APPOINTMENT – QUOTES. • Should include your Business Needs from SHI to accomplish these Goals   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SHI International in March 2010.

Interview

Lengthy 3-4 step interview process. First phone screened by HR, phone screen by DM, meet and screened by local team, face to face interview with DM then face to face with Regional Sales Director.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to be critical of myself regarding a large opportunity that I had lost at a previous position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Base salary + commission.

Account Executive Public Sector Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International in February 2014.

Interview

I reached out to the corporate recruiter through email and he set up the initial call. After I got passed that interview I had a phone conversation with the hiring director, then another director. After I had to present a business plan to both the directors I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Preparing for the presentation. You have to do your homework and know what your going to do daily, monthly and quarterly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A little bit but I was given more than I was expecting in the first place.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SHI International.

Interview

Basic phone conversation with an internal recruiter, and then an in person interview with two members of upper management. Basic questions such as, "explain what SHI does", and "why do you want to be in sales?". I heard that after this interview there would be another person to talk to, I'm guessing the person that would had hired me, but unfortunately I was not selected to go on. It probably would had been easy to move on but I answered some questions horribly and was extremely nervous. I learned a lot from it though.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I scheduled the interview with one of their HR people. The interview was short and pleasant, but was not done with the Hiring Manager so it seemed like kind of a waste of time. I was pretty disappointed that I didn't get the job. The company reminded me of the movie "Boiler Room".

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with the HR representative and Account Manager. They were both quick and to the point, assertive with their questions and wanted to see if you would respond similarly. The format of both interviews was like that, about 10 big questions each about your background and if you would be someone that could be an asset to effectively bring more customers in for them.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous work experience make you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SHI International in April 2013.

Interview

simple questions - challenged why I left past jobs. blah blah. They didn't ask too many challenging questions, my sales process knowledge and expressing accounts I knew in the area was very impressive to them, also because I sold microsoft before and came from a competitor they did ask about my non compete a lot but it was cool

Interview Questions

• describe a big deal you won. How would you change management at previous company?   Answer Question

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SHI International in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a SHI recruiter through Linkedin. I interviewed with her for about 5 minutes and she asked very basic questions. Then she sent in 2 sales managers whom asked me typical interview questions. This was about 30-45 minutes. After they left, the sales director came to interview me as well. He grilled me about my sales experience. Overall the total time for interviews concluded to about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why are you different than any other collage graduate that thinks they deserve this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no room for negotiation. They hire 20-30 collage grads a month. They will easily move you aside and hire the next kid in line who will gladly accept the $30,000 base pay.

Inside Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

you have one interview broken into two parts, say you have a need for competition and you're in. I thought it was easy to get a job here until one of my friends got denied . They hire based on personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation process. The salary is what the salary is

Inside Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

If they like you, the interview can last up to 4 hours. If they do not, youre out sooner than later.

Interview Questions

• There was a 10 question quiz at the end. Its not difficult but I was not expecting it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.