SHI International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015
Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.4

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SHI International in March 2010.

Interview

Lengthy 3-4 step interview process. First phone screened by HR, phone screen by DM, meet and screened by local team, face to face interview with DM then face to face with Regional Sales Director.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to be critical of myself regarding a large opportunity that I had lost at a previous position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Base salary + commission.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in April 2013.

Interview

The initial interview (via phone) was with HR. We reviewed the job description and expectations, no unusual questions. Interview #2 (via phone) was with a Regional Manager. No unusual questions except the job description changed. Interview #3 (via phone) was with the Regional Manager and a National Manager. Once again, the job description changed.

Interview Questions

• Prior to the 3rd interview, I was asked to prepare several items. Considering my level of experience I found some of this unusual.

2 Business References
      Written Communication
      2 Writing Samples (you can delete or block the recipient) – Should be actual emails that you have sent to someone
      • Customer Communication where you introduce yourself and/or your current company (Prospect or non-customer today)
      • Vendor Communication that shows you understand how important our partners are to our business

Research/Initiative/Understanding of the Territory
      • Number of Municipalities in each state - How they are organized
      • Websites that will be helpful at finding prospect accounts and customers information
      • Working in the Government space, there is quite a bit of legislation/policies/agendas that agencies –cities and towns are now required to abide to. For many of these policies there is an IT based solution. Please pick one of these new initiatives that could be an avenue to sell hardware, software, or professional services. Detail the products or vendors you would approach to work with you , how you would engage them, and put together a quick presentation that you might deliver to the client to sell them on the solution.
      • Create a list of top 10 accounts that you would target as your “big accounts” to prospect and sell to. List at least one initiative they have going on over the next 12 months that you see SHI can assist with

6 Month Plan – What do you think it will take to be successful in this territory?
      • Should include your Daily/Monthly/Quarterly Goals for yourself – CALLS – APPOINTMENT – QUOTES.
      • Should include your Business Needs from SHI to accomplish these Goals

Answer Question

Account Executive Public Sector Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in February 2014.

Interview

I reached out to the corporate recruiter through email and he set up the initial call. After I got passed that interview I had a phone conversation with the hiring director, then another director. After I had to present a business plan to both the directors I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Preparing for the presentation. You have to do your homework and know what your going to do daily, monthly and quarterly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A little bit but I was given more than I was expecting in the first place.

Inside Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

If they like you, the interview can last up to 4 hours. If they do not, youre out sooner than later.

Interview Questions

• There was a 10 question quiz at the end. Its not difficult but I was not expecting it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Inside Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ).

Interview

Met with HR, asked a few questions and then given a test that covered basic skills

Interview Questions

• One thing you are skill you are looking to improve on in this job   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a brief phone screening, a phone interview, and then an interview with 2 hiring managers. These managers are in charge of corporate inside sales for the entire US. They were professional, personable, and knowledgable about the field and what SHI does within the field. The company is growing and seems like a positive place to work with many nice people.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses that you bring to this position.   2 Answers

Systems Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at SHI International in April 2009.

Interview

The interview process is very direct on technical problem solving and approach. I was presented with a few technical issues and asked how I would solve them. This is very different from most companies today which use behavioral interview. One observation is that the employees feel like a big family.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle exception when one Session EJB calls another one?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Very nice people just do not believe everything you heat

Interview Questions

Company lied about the turnover rate and tried to offer me less than what job description was

Inside Account Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at SHI International in August 2012.

Interview

There was a 10 minute phone screening, and then a follow up in person interview that lasted between 1 and 2 hours. They were very nice and easy to talk to. Fairly basic questions about your past experience and why you want to work at SHI.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SHI International.

Interview

I met with the District manager first at an off-site location. This seems to be common practice for SHI. I had interview #2 at the office and met the rest of the team. Interview #3 was a phone interview with the head of HR and the final interview was with the Director of Sales. I also submitted to a background check.

Interview Questions

• What is the top quality that you possess that separates you from the other candidates? And your second quality? Be prepared for the follow-up on questions. Most people only prepare for their top quality or single reason, but they definitely go deeper than that.   Answer Question