SHI International Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.5

Systems Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SHI International in April 2009.

Interview

The interview process is very direct on technical problem solving and approach. I was presented with a few technical issues and asked how I would solve them. This is very different from most companies today which use behavioral interview. One observation is that the employees feel like a big family.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle exception when one Session EJB calls another one?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SHI International (Piscataway, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

Started with a basic review of resume and skills over the phone. They called me in for a face to face interview a few days later. During this interview we again reviewed the resume. They described the workings of the company and what the job would entail. Went over any questions that i had. After this I was told to answer 5 basic questions on a computer that ensured i knew the basics of the business world and something about shi.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a brief phone screening, a phone interview, and then an interview with 2 hiring managers. These managers are in charge of corporate inside sales for the entire US. They were professional, personable, and knowledgable about the field and what SHI does within the field. The company is growing and seems like a positive place to work with many nice people.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses that you bring to this position.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Initially met with SHI during a career fair where one of the managers flagged me down. He was nice, though a bit forward. Ended up securing an interview with one of the managers. He wasn't really sure how to conduct one but was nice enough. After that I had 2 on 1 interview with some of upper management. It was a little intimidating but we were able to joke and have a good time.

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International in February 2011.

Interview

Overall it is was a positive interview process. The recruiter and the Hiring Manager worked together to make the interview and the scheduling easy. The Recruiter contacted me via phone and after a quick screening offered to connect me with the hiring manager. Had a good discussion with the hiring manager and gave me a very good overview of the team and the requirements.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my knowledge around different software/hardwareTechnology and licensing of those solutions within corporate enviroments   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in January 2012.

Interview

Very easy questions.

Interview Questions

Company pulled a bait and switch on the salary range. Very unethical. Terrible benefits. I was very appalled by the lack of integrity at this company.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Very nice people just do not believe everything you heat

Interview Questions

Company lied about the turnover rate and tried to offer me less than what job description was

Inside Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in November 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by HR with no prior knowledge of SHI. I was told a little bit about the company and position and then asked if I would be interested in this opportunity. I had expressed interest so was Immediately interviewed while on the same phone call. Very standard interview questions about my experiences, strengths and weaknesses. I was then asked if I would like to schedule an in person interview. During my interview I met with the same person I had interviewed with over the phone. I then interviewed with someone from the department of the position i was applying. Both interviews were very similar to the phone interview, just standard questions. Directly after the interview I was asked to take a test which measured my ability to perform the tasks required for the position. Fairly simple test, only about 10 questions. I was then contacted a week later to fill out information for a background check. A week after that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing challenging or unexpected. Standard questions about past experiences, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very laid back, but also very direct with questions.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very straight forward. I ultimately was very unimpressed with the offer in terms of compensation and was turned off by the junior level HR person who made 5-6 mistakes with the offer letter.

Interview Questions

Compensation poor, awful HR communication skills