SHI International

Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.5

Inside Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International in August 2013.

Received a phone call an hour after I applied online asking for a interview. Phone interview was basic. Went in next day for a official interview.

Had other job offers

Inside Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International in August 2013.

I was contacted by a SHI recruiter through Linkedin. I interviewed with her for about 5 minutes and she asked very basic questions. Then she sent in 2 sales managers whom asked me typical interview questions. This was about 30-45 minutes. After they left, the sales director came to interview me as well. He grilled me about my sales experience. Overall the total time for interviews concluded to about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you different than any other collage graduate that thinks they deserve this job?   View Answer
    There is no room for negotiation. They hire 20-30 collage grads a month. They will easily move you aside and hire the next kid in line who will gladly accept the $30,000 base pay.

Inside Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International in July 2013.

If they like you, the interview can last up to 4 hours. If they do not, youre out sooner than later.

Interview Questions
    • There was a 10 question quiz at the end. Its not difficult but I was not expecting it.   Answer Question
    None.

Logistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International in June 2013.

It was very standard. Not a lot of work. You show up and explain that you are ready to work and willing to put in the work. They currently are undergoing management changes so things are a little different now. Just prove you want to work hard and have what it takes.

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in April 2013.

The initial interview (via phone) was with HR. We reviewed the job description and expectations, no unusual questions. Interview #2 (via phone) was with a Regional Manager. No unusual questions except the job description changed. Interview #3 (via phone) was with the Regional Manager and a National Manager. Once again, the job description changed.

Interview Questions
    • Prior to the 3rd interview, I was asked to prepare several items. Considering my level of experience I found some of this unusual.

2 Business References
      Written Communication
      2 Writing Samples (you can delete or block the recipient) – Should be actual emails that you have sent to someone
      • Customer Communication where you introduce yourself and/or your current company (Prospect or non-customer today)
      • Vendor Communication that shows you understand how important our partners are to our business

Research/Initiative/Understanding of the Territory
      • Number of Municipalities in each state - How they are organized
      • Websites that will be helpful at finding prospect accounts and customers information
      • Working in the Government space, there is quite a bit of legislation/policies/agendas that agencies –cities and towns are now required to abide to. For many of these policies there is an IT based solution. Please pick one of these new initiatives that could be an avenue to sell hardware, software, or professional services. Detail the products or vendors you would approach to work with you , how you would engage them, and put together a quick presentation that you might deliver to the client to sell them on the solution.
      • Create a list of top 10 accounts that you would target as your “big accounts” to prospect and sell to. List at least one initiative they have going on over the next 12 months that you see SHI can assist with

6 Month Plan – What do you think it will take to be successful in this territory?
      • Should include your Daily/Monthly/Quarterly Goals for yourself – CALLS – APPOINTMENT – QUOTES.
      • Should include your Business Needs from SHI to accomplish these Goals
        Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SHI International.

Very laid back, but also very direct with questions.

Inside Account Manager Interview

interviewed at SHI International in August 2012.

There was a 10 minute phone screening, and then a follow up in person interview that lasted between 1 and 2 hours. They were very nice and easy to talk to. Fairly basic questions about your past experience and why you want to work at SHI.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in May 2012.

Very nice people just do not believe everything you heat

Interview Questions

Company lied about the turnover rate and tried to offer me less than what job description was

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SHI International in November 2010.

The interview process consisted of a brief phone screening, a phone interview, and then an interview with 2 hiring managers. These managers are in charge of corporate inside sales for the entire US. They were professional, personable, and knowledgable about the field and what SHI does within the field. The company is growing and seems like a positive place to work with many nice people.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses that you bring to this position.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at SHI International in July 2010.

Started with a basic review of resume and skills over the phone. They called me in for a face to face interview a few days later. During this interview we again reviewed the resume. They described the workings of the company and what the job would entail. Went over any questions that i had. After this I was told to answer 5 basic questions on a computer that ensured i knew the basics of the business world and something about shi.