SHI International Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

2.5

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ).

Interview

Two step interview process. First is a call by the very friendly talent acquisition staff to basically go over your resume. Very simple, just introduce yourself and explain how you could be a team member for the organization. Most candidates for this position have accounting degrees so it might be a good idea to talk about what you find interesting about accounting and why you chose the degree.

Second step (not more than 2 weeks after phone interview) you will be invited to sit down with two hiring managers and go over the position in detail. Listen to what they and be sure to ask questions. You will also meet with the talent acquisition specialist to go over benefits and salary. If you're extended the opportunity they will call you and send you the contract via mail to officially accept the offer as with any other company.

All in all, this is a great company. People are friendly and the facility is very, very nice. (Formerly an AT&T building in Somerset, NJ) Pay might be lacking but for an entry level job it makes up for it in bonuses and benefits. Best of luck.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine credit worthiness of a company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

you have one interview broken into two parts, say you have a need for competition and you're in. I thought it was easy to get a job here until one of my friends got denied . They hire based on personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation process. The salary is what the salary is

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

They were super nice but didn't give much away in the interview. Pretty cut and dry 1st job out of college stuff. Looking for reliable people who wanted a solid post college start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a set base and bonus based on your team when I started.

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a SHI recruiter through Linkedin. I interviewed with her for about 5 minutes and she asked very basic questions. Then she sent in 2 sales managers whom asked me typical interview questions. This was about 30-45 minutes. After they left, the sales director came to interview me as well. He grilled me about my sales experience. Overall the total time for interviews concluded to about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why are you different than any other collage graduate that thinks they deserve this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no room for negotiation. They hire 20-30 collage grads a month. They will easily move you aside and hire the next kid in line who will gladly accept the $30,000 base pay.

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International.

Interview

Basic phone conversation with an internal recruiter, and then an in person interview with two members of upper management. Basic questions such as, "explain what SHI does", and "why do you want to be in sales?". I heard that after this interview there would be another person to talk to, I'm guessing the person that would had hired me, but unfortunately I was not selected to go on. It probably would had been easy to move on but I answered some questions horribly and was extremely nervous. I learned a lot from it though.

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SHI International.

Interview

Hiring process was quick. Had a phone interview the day after I submitted my resume online and then was asked to come in the next day where I was interviewed by human resources and another manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation- they are pretty upfront about the salary and expectations of this job

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SHI International in January 2014.

Interview

not to bad.... Just be honest and have a smile on your face the whole interview and you should be able to get the job. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International in April 2013.

Interview

simple questions - challenged why I left past jobs. blah blah. They didn't ask too many challenging questions, my sales process knowledge and expressing accounts I knew in the area was very impressive to them, also because I sold microsoft before and came from a competitor they did ask about my non compete a lot but it was cool

Interview Questions

• describe a big deal you won. How would you change management at previous company?   Answer Question

Field Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

contacted by a recruiter then had several phone interviews with internal recruiting met with management and received an offer, the process was pretty seamless had to follow up once to check on status otherwise the communication was very good

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join SHI?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The position was commission only, as a field rep you are given plenty of freedom and support, as well as a good ramp up commission plan unless there are accounts to inherit you better have a base line of accounts ready to follow you and no non compete agreement to stop you.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I scheduled the interview with one of their HR people. The interview was short and pleasant, but was not done with the Hiring Manager so it seemed like kind of a waste of time. I was pretty disappointed that I didn't get the job. The company reminded me of the movie "Boiler Room".