SHI International Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.4

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International in February 2011.

Interview

Overall it is was a positive interview process. The recruiter and the Hiring Manager worked together to make the interview and the scheduling easy. The Recruiter contacted me via phone and after a quick screening offered to connect me with the hiring manager. Had a good discussion with the hiring manager and gave me a very good overview of the team and the requirements.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my knowledge around different software/hardwareTechnology and licensing of those solutions within corporate enviroments   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

In the initial phone screen almost all questions were regarding whether I would be willing to work for their low salary. The recruiter invited me in to meet with her and the hiring manager. At my in person interview, I sat in the main lobby for 25 minutes past my interview time before they finally came and got me. I wasn't very impressed at all.

Interview Questions

• After having seen the culture of our sales pit, how do you think you can contribute?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Quick phone interview to gauge your interest. In person interview with recruiter, then with hiring manager. The recruiter is very nice and doesn't present many challenging questions. The hiring manager tends to put you on the spot. I believe this is done to see if you can handle the pressures of cold calling. They are looking for a positive reaction to negatively portrayed scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable cold calling 50 people a day?   1 Answer

Inside Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

The Process Was brief as if a decision had already been made. There may have been a bit of profiling since i already knew some of the current employees and was familiar with the company etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about 2 previous obstacles in work and how you overcame them   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview, essentially all they ask is that you explain your resume. It is important to note that they are looking for individuals who they think are competitive. It is a very laid back atmosphere and a young environment. I was not very interested in the position and I think they could tell I did not really consider it a career option, because of the low base salary..

Interview Questions

• Asked if I considered myself competitive and money hungry?   Answer Question

Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

Cursory, minimal, nothing really to worry about here. It seems like they're more interested in getting bodies in the door because they seem to be growing, although you'll get 2% increases for your entire career there, so get used to that.

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR Rep. to come in for an interview after she saw my resume somewhere on the internet. I came into the Somerset office, met with the HR Rep. first, and then with the managers of the Purchasing Department. I was straight out of college, so the interview was mainly based on my limited experiences at my summer internships and my personal qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you possess that allow you to work under pressure?   Answer Question

Licensing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SHI International in April 2012.

Interview

They first call you and ask you for an interview. You will then come in and meet with your direct manager and their supervisor and have a 20-30 min interview. It was fairly simple and fairly relaxed. I did not feel stressed at all with the questions they asked and even not knowing everything about the job it was still a very simple process.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question they ask was naming your biggest weakness. I think that is challenging to say something negative but I was able to spin it in a good light.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not very much room to negotiate. Since it was entry level it's not like there was only a few people who could do my job. They could find any other college grad to do it.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Initially met with SHI during a career fair where one of the managers flagged me down. He was nice, though a bit forward. Ended up securing an interview with one of the managers. He wasn't really sure how to conduct one but was nice enough. After that I had 2 on 1 interview with some of upper management. It was a little intimidating but we were able to joke and have a good time.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very straight forward. I ultimately was very unimpressed with the offer in terms of compensation and was turned off by the junior level HR person who made 5-6 mistakes with the offer letter.

Interview Questions

Compensation poor, awful HR communication skills