SHI International Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in May 2010.

Initially met with SHI during a career fair where one of the managers flagged me down. He was nice, though a bit forward. Ended up securing an interview with one of the managers. He wasn't really sure how to conduct one but was nice enough. After that I had 2 on 1 interview with some of upper management. It was a little intimidating but we were able to joke and have a good time.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SHI International in April 2012.

Interview process was very straight forward. I ultimately was very unimpressed with the offer in terms of compensation and was turned off by the junior level HR person who made 5-6 mistakes with the offer letter.

Interview Questions

Compensation poor, awful HR communication skills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SHI International in August 2013.

Received a phone call an hour after I applied online asking for a interview. Phone interview was basic. Went in next day for a official interview.

Had other job offers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at SHI International in November 2013.

Quick turnaround. I applied online, was called in for an interview, and offered the job within a week. The length of hiring process will depend on when their next training class begins for this position and if you already have a job. They're hiring a lot of people right now (20/month) and have an awesome training program set up that begins around the first or second week of each month. Ex) Applied in mid November, received offer, put in 2 weeks notice at current job (around Thanksgiving, so it was like 2.5 weeks), training class began December 9th.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate, but there are no negotiations. All Inside Account Executives make 30k + commission. The commission plan is one of the best around and after 4-6 months of cold calling, persistence, and a lot of determination, you'll be well on your way to making 50-60k

Inside Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in November 2012.

I was contacted by HR with no prior knowledge of SHI. I was told a little bit about the company and position and then asked if I would be interested in this opportunity. I had expressed interest so was Immediately interviewed while on the same phone call. Very standard interview questions about my experiences, strengths and weaknesses. I was then asked if I would like to schedule an in person interview. During my interview I met with the same person I had interviewed with over the phone. I then interviewed with someone from the department of the position i was applying. Both interviews were very similar to the phone interview, just standard questions. Directly after the interview I was asked to take a test which measured my ability to perform the tasks required for the position. Fairly simple test, only about 10 questions. I was then contacted a week later to fill out information for a background check. A week after that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing challenging or unexpected. Standard questions about past experiences, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in September 2012.

Process is inconsistent. Generally speaking, candidates will meet with the Sales Manager, and then the Director of Sales. Sometimes there is a peer interview. For the most part, SHI is looking for hunters who understand the IT market (Microsoft/nonMicrosoft software/datacenter solutions/commodity hardware). Experience in the field is a nice to have, but certainly not mandatory. Young, enthusiastic, hungry, coin-operated candidates will certainly have an advantage.

Interview Questions
    • Familiarity with the VAR community, understanding of competitive landscape.   Answer Question
    Unwavering - there is little room to negotiate.

Inside Account Manager Interview

interviewed at SHI International in August 2012.

There was a 10 minute phone screening, and then a follow up in person interview that lasted between 1 and 2 hours. They were very nice and easy to talk to. Fairly basic questions about your past experience and why you want to work at SHI.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Somerset, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SHI International in July 2013.

If they like you, the interview can last up to 4 hours. If they do not, youre out sooner than later.

Interview Questions
    • There was a 10 question quiz at the end. Its not difficult but I was not expecting it.   Answer Question
    None.

Inside Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at SHI International in August 2013.

I was contacted by a SHI recruiter through Linkedin. I interviewed with her for about 5 minutes and she asked very basic questions. Then she sent in 2 sales managers whom asked me typical interview questions. This was about 30-45 minutes. After they left, the sales director came to interview me as well. He grilled me about my sales experience. Overall the total time for interviews concluded to about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you different than any other collage graduate that thinks they deserve this job?   View Answer
    There is no room for negotiation. They hire 20-30 collage grads a month. They will easily move you aside and hire the next kid in line who will gladly accept the $30,000 base pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Somerset, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SHI International.

Met with HR, asked a few questions and then given a test that covered basic skills

Interview Questions
    • One thing you are skill you are looking to improve on in this job   Answer Question