SHI International

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in May 2010.

Initially met with SHI during a career fair where one of the managers flagged me down. He was nice, though a bit forward. Ended up securing an interview with one of the managers. He wasn't really sure how to conduct one but was nice enough. After that I had 2 on 1 interview with some of upper management. It was a little intimidating but we were able to joke and have a good time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SHI International in April 2012.

Interview process was very straight forward. I ultimately was very unimpressed with the offer in terms of compensation and was turned off by the junior level HR person who made 5-6 mistakes with the offer letter.

Interview Questions

Compensation poor, awful HR communication skills

Inside Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International in August 2013.

Received a phone call an hour after I applied online asking for a interview. Phone interview was basic. Went in next day for a official interview.

Had other job offers

Inside Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SHI International in November 2013.

Quick turnaround. I applied online, was called in for an interview, and offered the job within a week. The length of hiring process will depend on when their next training class begins for this position and if you already have a job. They're hiring a lot of people right now (20/month) and have an awesome training program set up that begins around the first or second week of each month. Ex) Applied in mid November, received offer, put in 2 weeks notice at current job (around Thanksgiving, so it was like 2.5 weeks), training class began December 9th.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate, but there are no negotiations. All Inside Account Executives make 30k + commission. The commission plan is one of the best around and after 4-6 months of cold calling, persistence, and a lot of determination, you'll be well on your way to making 50-60k

Inside Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in November 2012.

I was contacted by HR with no prior knowledge of SHI. I was told a little bit about the company and position and then asked if I would be interested in this opportunity. I had expressed interest so was Immediately interviewed while on the same phone call. Very standard interview questions about my experiences, strengths and weaknesses. I was then asked if I would like to schedule an in person interview. During my interview I met with the same person I had interviewed with over the phone. I then interviewed with someone from the department of the position i was applying. Both interviews were very similar to the phone interview, just standard questions. Directly after the interview I was asked to take a test which measured my ability to perform the tasks required for the position. Fairly simple test, only about 10 questions. I was then contacted a week later to fill out information for a background check. A week after that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing challenging or unexpected. Standard questions about past experiences, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in September 2012.

Process is inconsistent. Generally speaking, candidates will meet with the Sales Manager, and then the Director of Sales. Sometimes there is a peer interview. For the most part, SHI is looking for hunters who understand the IT market (Microsoft/nonMicrosoft software/datacenter solutions/commodity hardware). Experience in the field is a nice to have, but certainly not mandatory. Young, enthusiastic, hungry, coin-operated candidates will certainly have an advantage.

Interview Questions
    • Familiarity with the VAR community, understanding of competitive landscape.   Answer Question
    Unwavering - there is little room to negotiate.

Inside Account Manager Interview

interviewed at SHI International in August 2012.

There was a 10 minute phone screening, and then a follow up in person interview that lasted between 1 and 2 hours. They were very nice and easy to talk to. Fairly basic questions about your past experience and why you want to work at SHI.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International in July 2013.

If they like you, the interview can last up to 4 hours. If they do not, youre out sooner than later.

Interview Questions
    • There was a 10 question quiz at the end. Its not difficult but I was not expecting it.   Answer Question
    None.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SHI International.

I met with the District manager first at an off-site location. This seems to be common practice for SHI. I had interview #2 at the office and met the rest of the team. Interview #3 was a phone interview with the head of HR and the final interview was with the Director of Sales. I also submitted to a background check.

Interview Questions
    • What is the top quality that you possess that separates you from the other candidates? And your second quality? Be prepared for the follow-up on questions. Most people only prepare for their top quality or single reason, but they definitely go deeper than that.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International.

Two step interview process. First is a call by the very friendly talent acquisition staff to basically go over your resume. Very simple, just introduce yourself and explain how you could be a team member for the organization. Most candidates for this position have accounting degrees so it might be a good idea to talk about what you find interesting about accounting and why you chose the degree.

Second step (not more than 2 weeks after phone interview) you will be invited to sit down with two hiring managers and go over the position in detail. Listen to what they and be sure to ask questions. You will also meet with the talent acquisition specialist to go over benefits and salary. If you're extended the opportunity they will call you and send you the contract via mail to officially accept the offer as with any other company.

All in all, this is a great company. People are friendly and the facility is very, very nice. (Formerly an AT&T building in Somerset, NJ) Pay might be lacking but for an entry level job it makes up for it in bonuses and benefits. Best of luck.

Interview Questions
    • How would you determine credit worthiness of a company?   View Answer