SHI International Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Somerset, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SHI International in July 2013.

If they like you, the interview can last up to 4 hours. If they do not, youre out sooner than later.

Interview Questions
    • There was a 10 question quiz at the end. Its not difficult but I was not expecting it.   Answer Question
    None.

Logistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at SHI International in June 2013.

It was very standard. Not a lot of work. You show up and explain that you are ready to work and willing to put in the work. They currently are undergoing management changes so things are a little different now. Just prove you want to work hard and have what it takes.

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in April 2013.

The initial interview (via phone) was with HR. We reviewed the job description and expectations, no unusual questions. Interview #2 (via phone) was with a Regional Manager. No unusual questions except the job description changed. Interview #3 (via phone) was with the Regional Manager and a National Manager. Once again, the job description changed.

Interview Questions
    • Prior to the 3rd interview, I was asked to prepare several items. Considering my level of experience I found some of this unusual.

2 Business References
      Written Communication
      2 Writing Samples (you can delete or block the recipient) – Should be actual emails that you have sent to someone
      • Customer Communication where you introduce yourself and/or your current company (Prospect or non-customer today)
      • Vendor Communication that shows you understand how important our partners are to our business

Research/Initiative/Understanding of the Territory
      • Number of Municipalities in each state - How they are organized
      • Websites that will be helpful at finding prospect accounts and customers information
      • Working in the Government space, there is quite a bit of legislation/policies/agendas that agencies –cities and towns are now required to abide to. For many of these policies there is an IT based solution. Please pick one of these new initiatives that could be an avenue to sell hardware, software, or professional services. Detail the products or vendors you would approach to work with you , how you would engage them, and put together a quick presentation that you might deliver to the client to sell them on the solution.
      • Create a list of top 10 accounts that you would target as your “big accounts” to prospect and sell to. List at least one initiative they have going on over the next 12 months that you see SHI can assist with

6 Month Plan – What do you think it will take to be successful in this territory?
      • Should include your Daily/Monthly/Quarterly Goals for yourself – CALLS – APPOINTMENT – QUOTES.
      • Should include your Business Needs from SHI to accomplish these Goals
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at SHI International.

Very laid back, but also very direct with questions.

Inside Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in November 2012.

I was contacted by HR with no prior knowledge of SHI. I was told a little bit about the company and position and then asked if I would be interested in this opportunity. I had expressed interest so was Immediately interviewed while on the same phone call. Very standard interview questions about my experiences, strengths and weaknesses. I was then asked if I would like to schedule an in person interview. During my interview I met with the same person I had interviewed with over the phone. I then interviewed with someone from the department of the position i was applying. Both interviews were very similar to the phone interview, just standard questions. Directly after the interview I was asked to take a test which measured my ability to perform the tasks required for the position. Fairly simple test, only about 10 questions. I was then contacted a week later to fill out information for a background check. A week after that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing challenging or unexpected. Standard questions about past experiences, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in September 2012.

Process is inconsistent. Generally speaking, candidates will meet with the Sales Manager, and then the Director of Sales. Sometimes there is a peer interview. For the most part, SHI is looking for hunters who understand the IT market (Microsoft/nonMicrosoft software/datacenter solutions/commodity hardware). Experience in the field is a nice to have, but certainly not mandatory. Young, enthusiastic, hungry, coin-operated candidates will certainly have an advantage.

Interview Questions
    • Familiarity with the VAR community, understanding of competitive landscape.   Answer Question
    Unwavering - there is little room to negotiate.

Inside Account Manager Interview

interviewed at SHI International in August 2012.

There was a 10 minute phone screening, and then a follow up in person interview that lasted between 1 and 2 hours. They were very nice and easy to talk to. Fairly basic questions about your past experience and why you want to work at SHI.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in May 2012.

Very nice people just do not believe everything you heat

Interview Questions

Company lied about the turnover rate and tried to offer me less than what job description was

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SHI International in April 2012.

Interview process was very straight forward. I ultimately was very unimpressed with the offer in terms of compensation and was turned off by the junior level HR person who made 5-6 mistakes with the offer letter.

Interview Questions

Compensation poor, awful HR communication skills

Software Developer Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SHI International in January 2012.

Very easy questions.

Interview Questions

Company pulled a bait and switch on the salary range. Very unethical. Terrible benefits. I was very appalled by the lack of integrity at this company.