SHI International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

you have one interview broken into two parts, say you have a need for competition and you're in. I thought it was easy to get a job here until one of my friends got denied . They hire based on personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation process. The salary is what the salary is

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ).

Interview

Two step interview process. First is a call by the very friendly talent acquisition staff to basically go over your resume. Very simple, just introduce yourself and explain how you could be a team member for the organization. Most candidates for this position have accounting degrees so it might be a good idea to talk about what you find interesting about accounting and why you chose the degree.

Second step (not more than 2 weeks after phone interview) you will be invited to sit down with two hiring managers and go over the position in detail. Listen to what they and be sure to ask questions. You will also meet with the talent acquisition specialist to go over benefits and salary. If you're extended the opportunity they will call you and send you the contract via mail to officially accept the offer as with any other company.

All in all, this is a great company. People are friendly and the facility is very, very nice. (Formerly an AT&T building in Somerset, NJ) Pay might be lacking but for an entry level job it makes up for it in bonuses and benefits. Best of luck.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine credit worthiness of a company?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SHI International.

Interview

I met with the District manager first at an off-site location. This seems to be common practice for SHI. I had interview #2 at the office and met the rest of the team. Interview #3 was a phone interview with the head of HR and the final interview was with the Director of Sales. I also submitted to a background check.

Interview Questions

• What is the top quality that you possess that separates you from the other candidates? And your second quality? Be prepared for the follow-up on questions. Most people only prepare for their top quality or single reason, but they definitely go deeper than that.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Interview

I interviewed for my company 5 years ago and the information and details have been adjusted since then but overall it was a pleasant experience. I talked with a recruiter and then took a written questionnaire. I was called back a week or two later and was offered the position.

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a SHI recruiter through Linkedin. I interviewed with her for about 5 minutes and she asked very basic questions. Then she sent in 2 sales managers whom asked me typical interview questions. This was about 30-45 minutes. After they left, the sales director came to interview me as well. He grilled me about my sales experience. Overall the total time for interviews concluded to about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why are you different than any other collage graduate that thinks they deserve this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no room for negotiation. They hire 20-30 collage grads a month. They will easily move you aside and hire the next kid in line who will gladly accept the $30,000 base pay.

Inside Account Manager Interview

Interview

easy

Logistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

It was very standard. Not a lot of work. You show up and explain that you are ready to work and willing to put in the work. They currently are undergoing management changes so things are a little different now. Just prove you want to work hard and have what it takes.

Inside Account Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at SHI International in August 2012.

Interview

There was a 10 minute phone screening, and then a follow up in person interview that lasted between 1 and 2 hours. They were very nice and easy to talk to. Fairly basic questions about your past experience and why you want to work at SHI.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Process is inconsistent. Generally speaking, candidates will meet with the Sales Manager, and then the Director of Sales. Sometimes there is a peer interview. For the most part, SHI is looking for hunters who understand the IT market (Microsoft/nonMicrosoft software/datacenter solutions/commodity hardware). Experience in the field is a nice to have, but certainly not mandatory. Young, enthusiastic, hungry, coin-operated candidates will certainly have an advantage.

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with the VAR community, understanding of competitive landscape.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unwavering - there is little room to negotiate.

Inside Account Executive Interview

Interview

This interview process took 2 weeks I got a phone interview and ten met at the company headquarters. Very basic interview questions about my goals and my weaknesses. I wish they did a better job axing questions though because I feel as if those types of questions are not helpful in determining the validity of a good costumer or not. I had a good interview experience. The people were very friendly and knowledgeable about the company.