SHI International

Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.4

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SHI International.

Very laid back, but also very direct with questions.

Inside Account Manager Interview

interviewed at SHI International in August 2012.

There was a 10 minute phone screening, and then a follow up in person interview that lasted between 1 and 2 hours. They were very nice and easy to talk to. Fairly basic questions about your past experience and why you want to work at SHI.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in May 2012.

Very nice people just do not believe everything you heat

Interview Questions

Company lied about the turnover rate and tried to offer me less than what job description was

Licensing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SHI International in April 2012.

They first call you and ask you for an interview. You will then come in and meet with your direct manager and their supervisor and have a 20-30 min interview. It was fairly simple and fairly relaxed. I did not feel stressed at all with the questions they asked and even not knowing everything about the job it was still a very simple process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question they ask was naming your biggest weakness. I think that is challenging to say something negative but I was able to spin it in a good light.   View Answer
    There was not very much room to negotiate. Since it was entry level it's not like there was only a few people who could do my job. They could find any other college grad to do it.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SHI International in November 2010.

The interview process consisted of a brief phone screening, a phone interview, and then an interview with 2 hiring managers. These managers are in charge of corporate inside sales for the entire US. They were professional, personable, and knowledgable about the field and what SHI does within the field. The company is growing and seems like a positive place to work with many nice people.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses that you bring to this position.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at SHI International in July 2010.

Started with a basic review of resume and skills over the phone. They called me in for a face to face interview a few days later. During this interview we again reviewed the resume. They described the workings of the company and what the job would entail. Went over any questions that i had. After this I was told to answer 5 basic questions on a computer that ensured i knew the basics of the business world and something about shi.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in May 2010.

Initially met with SHI during a career fair where one of the managers flagged me down. He was nice, though a bit forward. Ended up securing an interview with one of the managers. He wasn't really sure how to conduct one but was nice enough. After that I had 2 on 1 interview with some of upper management. It was a little intimidating but we were able to joke and have a good time.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SHI International in March 2010.

Lengthy 3-4 step interview process. First phone screened by HR, phone screen by DM, meet and screened by local team, face to face interview with DM then face to face with Regional Sales Director.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to be critical of myself regarding a large opportunity that I had lost at a previous position.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Base salary + commission.

N/A Interview

I interviewed for my company 5 years ago and the information and details have been adjusted since then but overall it was a pleasant experience. I talked with a recruiter and then took a written questionnaire. I was called back a week or two later and was offered the position.

Inside Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in November 2012.

I was contacted by HR with no prior knowledge of SHI. I was told a little bit about the company and position and then asked if I would be interested in this opportunity. I had expressed interest so was Immediately interviewed while on the same phone call. Very standard interview questions about my experiences, strengths and weaknesses. I was then asked if I would like to schedule an in person interview. During my interview I met with the same person I had interviewed with over the phone. I then interviewed with someone from the department of the position i was applying. Both interviews were very similar to the phone interview, just standard questions. Directly after the interview I was asked to take a test which measured my ability to perform the tasks required for the position. Fairly simple test, only about 10 questions. I was then contacted a week later to fill out information for a background check. A week after that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing challenging or unexpected. Standard questions about past experiences, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question