SHI International Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2015
Updated Mar 15, 2015

2.5

Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International in April 2013.

simple questions - challenged why I left past jobs. blah blah. They didn't ask too many challenging questions, my sales process knowledge and expressing accounts I knew in the area was very impressive to them, also because I sold microsoft before and came from a competitor they did ask about my non compete a lot but it was cool

Interview Questions
    • describe a big deal you won. How would you change management at previous company?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in April 2013.

The initial interview (via phone) was with HR. We reviewed the job description and expectations, no unusual questions. Interview #2 (via phone) was with a Regional Manager. No unusual questions except the job description changed. Interview #3 (via phone) was with the Regional Manager and a National Manager. Once again, the job description changed.

Interview Questions
    • Prior to the 3rd interview, I was asked to prepare several items. Considering my level of experience I found some of this unusual.

2 Business References
      Written Communication
      2 Writing Samples (you can delete or block the recipient) – Should be actual emails that you have sent to someone
      • Customer Communication where you introduce yourself and/or your current company (Prospect or non-customer today)
      • Vendor Communication that shows you understand how important our partners are to our business

Research/Initiative/Understanding of the Territory
      • Number of Municipalities in each state - How they are organized
      • Websites that will be helpful at finding prospect accounts and customers information
      • Working in the Government space, there is quite a bit of legislation/policies/agendas that agencies –cities and towns are now required to abide to. For many of these policies there is an IT based solution. Please pick one of these new initiatives that could be an avenue to sell hardware, software, or professional services. Detail the products or vendors you would approach to work with you , how you would engage them, and put together a quick presentation that you might deliver to the client to sell them on the solution.
      • Create a list of top 10 accounts that you would target as your “big accounts” to prospect and sell to. List at least one initiative they have going on over the next 12 months that you see SHI can assist with

6 Month Plan – What do you think it will take to be successful in this territory?
      • Should include your Daily/Monthly/Quarterly Goals for yourself – CALLS – APPOINTMENT – QUOTES.
      • Should include your Business Needs from SHI to accomplish these Goals

Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SHI International.

Very laid back, but also very direct with questions.

Inside Account Manager Interview

interviewed at SHI International in August 2012.

There was a 10 minute phone screening, and then a follow up in person interview that lasted between 1 and 2 hours. They were very nice and easy to talk to. Fairly basic questions about your past experience and why you want to work at SHI.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in May 2012.

Very nice people just do not believe everything you heat

Interview Questions

Company lied about the turnover rate and tried to offer me less than what job description was

Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in April 2012.

Cursory, minimal, nothing really to worry about here. It seems like they're more interested in getting bodies in the door because they seem to be growing, although you'll get 2% increases for your entire career there, so get used to that.

Licensing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SHI International in April 2012.

They first call you and ask you for an interview. You will then come in and meet with your direct manager and their supervisor and have a 20-30 min interview. It was fairly simple and fairly relaxed. I did not feel stressed at all with the questions they asked and even not knowing everything about the job it was still a very simple process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question they ask was naming your biggest weakness. I think that is challenging to say something negative but I was able to spin it in a good light.   View Answer
    There was not very much room to negotiate. Since it was entry level it's not like there was only a few people who could do my job. They could find any other college grad to do it.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SHI International in November 2010.

The interview process consisted of a brief phone screening, a phone interview, and then an interview with 2 hiring managers. These managers are in charge of corporate inside sales for the entire US. They were professional, personable, and knowledgable about the field and what SHI does within the field. The company is growing and seems like a positive place to work with many nice people.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses that you bring to this position.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at SHI International in July 2010.

Started with a basic review of resume and skills over the phone. They called me in for a face to face interview a few days later. During this interview we again reviewed the resume. They described the workings of the company and what the job would entail. Went over any questions that i had. After this I was told to answer 5 basic questions on a computer that ensured i knew the basics of the business world and something about shi.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in May 2010.

Initially met with SHI during a career fair where one of the managers flagged me down. He was nice, though a bit forward. Ended up securing an interview with one of the managers. He wasn't really sure how to conduct one but was nice enough. After that I had 2 on 1 interview with some of upper management. It was a little intimidating but we were able to joke and have a good time.