SHI International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015
Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.4

Licensing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SHI International in April 2012.

Interview

They first call you and ask you for an interview. You will then come in and meet with your direct manager and their supervisor and have a 20-30 min interview. It was fairly simple and fairly relaxed. I did not feel stressed at all with the questions they asked and even not knowing everything about the job it was still a very simple process.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question they ask was naming your biggest weakness. I think that is challenging to say something negative but I was able to spin it in a good light.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not very much room to negotiate. Since it was entry level it's not like there was only a few people who could do my job. They could find any other college grad to do it.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very straight forward. I ultimately was very unimpressed with the offer in terms of compensation and was turned off by the junior level HR person who made 5-6 mistakes with the offer letter.

Interview Questions

Compensation poor, awful HR communication skills

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Process is inconsistent. Generally speaking, candidates will meet with the Sales Manager, and then the Director of Sales. Sometimes there is a peer interview. For the most part, SHI is looking for hunters who understand the IT market (Microsoft/nonMicrosoft software/datacenter solutions/commodity hardware). Experience in the field is a nice to have, but certainly not mandatory. Young, enthusiastic, hungry, coin-operated candidates will certainly have an advantage.

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with the VAR community, understanding of competitive landscape.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unwavering - there is little room to negotiate.

Inside Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in November 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by HR with no prior knowledge of SHI. I was told a little bit about the company and position and then asked if I would be interested in this opportunity. I had expressed interest so was Immediately interviewed while on the same phone call. Very standard interview questions about my experiences, strengths and weaknesses. I was then asked if I would like to schedule an in person interview. During my interview I met with the same person I had interviewed with over the phone. I then interviewed with someone from the department of the position i was applying. Both interviews were very similar to the phone interview, just standard questions. Directly after the interview I was asked to take a test which measured my ability to perform the tasks required for the position. Fairly simple test, only about 10 questions. I was then contacted a week later to fill out information for a background check. A week after that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing challenging or unexpected. Standard questions about past experiences, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Initially met with SHI during a career fair where one of the managers flagged me down. He was nice, though a bit forward. Ended up securing an interview with one of the managers. He wasn't really sure how to conduct one but was nice enough. After that I had 2 on 1 interview with some of upper management. It was a little intimidating but we were able to joke and have a good time.

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Received a phone call an hour after I applied online asking for a interview. Phone interview was basic. Went in next day for a official interview.

Had other job offers

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Quick turnaround. I applied online, was called in for an interview, and offered the job within a week. The length of hiring process will depend on when their next training class begins for this position and if you already have a job. They're hiring a lot of people right now (20/month) and have an awesome training program set up that begins around the first or second week of each month. Ex) Applied in mid November, received offer, put in 2 weeks notice at current job (around Thanksgiving, so it was like 2.5 weeks), training class began December 9th.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about SHI?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate, but there are no negotiations. All Inside Account Executives make 30k + commission. The commission plan is one of the best around and after 4-6 months of cold calling, persistence, and a lot of determination, you'll be well on your way to making 50-60k

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SHI International.

Interview

It was very comfortable. First you meet with a recruiter and then with a head of the department. Very friendly and they just want to make sure you are a good fit for the position. Be aware of what you will be required to do and show your enthusiasm. A lot of young people within the office.

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Fast process. Applied and had a phone interview within two days of applying. Then invited to an in person interview which was scheduled a week after phone interview. Final decisions where made within 5 days of formal interview. They have a high employee turnover rate, so they are always hiring new people.

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International in February 2011.

Interview

Overall it is was a positive interview process.

The recruiter and the Hiring Manager worked together to make the interview and the scheduling easy. The Recruiter contacted me via phone and after a quick screening offered to connect me with the hiring manager.

Had a good discussion with the hiring manager and gave me a very good overview of the team and the requirements.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my knowledge around different software/hardwareTechnology and licensing of those solutions within corporate enviroments   Answer Question