SHI International Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2015
Updated Mar 15, 2015

2.5

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SHI International in April 2012.

Interview process was very straight forward. I ultimately was very unimpressed with the offer in terms of compensation and was turned off by the junior level HR person who made 5-6 mistakes with the offer letter.

Interview Questions

Compensation poor, awful HR communication skills

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in September 2012.

Process is inconsistent. Generally speaking, candidates will meet with the Sales Manager, and then the Director of Sales. Sometimes there is a peer interview. For the most part, SHI is looking for hunters who understand the IT market (Microsoft/nonMicrosoft software/datacenter solutions/commodity hardware). Experience in the field is a nice to have, but certainly not mandatory. Young, enthusiastic, hungry, coin-operated candidates will certainly have an advantage.

Interview Questions
    • Familiarity with the VAR community, understanding of competitive landscape.   Answer Question
    Unwavering - there is little room to negotiate.

Inside Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in November 2012.

I was contacted by HR with no prior knowledge of SHI. I was told a little bit about the company and position and then asked if I would be interested in this opportunity. I had expressed interest so was Immediately interviewed while on the same phone call. Very standard interview questions about my experiences, strengths and weaknesses. I was then asked if I would like to schedule an in person interview. During my interview I met with the same person I had interviewed with over the phone. I then interviewed with someone from the department of the position i was applying. Both interviews were very similar to the phone interview, just standard questions. Directly after the interview I was asked to take a test which measured my ability to perform the tasks required for the position. Fairly simple test, only about 10 questions. I was then contacted a week later to fill out information for a background check. A week after that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing challenging or unexpected. Standard questions about past experiences, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in May 2010.

Initially met with SHI during a career fair where one of the managers flagged me down. He was nice, though a bit forward. Ended up securing an interview with one of the managers. He wasn't really sure how to conduct one but was nice enough. After that I had 2 on 1 interview with some of upper management. It was a little intimidating but we were able to joke and have a good time.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International in August 2013.

Received a phone call an hour after I applied online asking for a interview. Phone interview was basic. Went in next day for a official interview.

Had other job offers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SHI International in November 2013.

Quick turnaround. I applied online, was called in for an interview, and offered the job within a week. The length of hiring process will depend on when their next training class begins for this position and if you already have a job. They're hiring a lot of people right now (20/month) and have an awesome training program set up that begins around the first or second week of each month. Ex) Applied in mid November, received offer, put in 2 weeks notice at current job (around Thanksgiving, so it was like 2.5 weeks), training class began December 9th.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate, but there are no negotiations. All Inside Account Executives make 30k + commission. The commission plan is one of the best around and after 4-6 months of cold calling, persistence, and a lot of determination, you'll be well on your way to making 50-60k

Inside Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SHI International.

It was very comfortable. First you meet with a recruiter and then with a head of the department. Very friendly and they just want to make sure you are a good fit for the position. Be aware of what you will be required to do and show your enthusiasm. A lot of young people within the office.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in January 2014.

Fast process. Applied and had a phone interview within two days of applying. Then invited to an in person interview which was scheduled a week after phone interview. Final decisions where made within 5 days of formal interview. They have a high employee turnover rate, so they are always hiring new people.

Account Manager Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International in February 2011.

Overall it is was a positive interview process.

The recruiter and the Hiring Manager worked together to make the interview and the scheduling easy. The Recruiter contacted me via phone and after a quick screening offered to connect me with the hiring manager.

Had a good discussion with the hiring manager and gave me a very good overview of the team and the requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about my knowledge around different software/hardwareTechnology and licensing of those solutions within corporate enviroments   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in January 2012.

Very easy questions.

Interview Questions

Company pulled a bait and switch on the salary range. Very unethical. Terrible benefits. I was very appalled by the lack of integrity at this company.