SHI International

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.5

Inside Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in January 2014.

Fast process. Applied and had a phone interview within two days of applying. Then invited to an in person interview which was scheduled a week after phone interview. Final decisions where made within 5 days of formal interview. They have a high employee turnover rate, so they are always hiring new people.

Account Manager Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International in February 2011.

Overall it is was a positive interview process.

The recruiter and the Hiring Manager worked together to make the interview and the scheduling easy. The Recruiter contacted me via phone and after a quick screening offered to connect me with the hiring manager.

Had a good discussion with the hiring manager and gave me a very good overview of the team and the requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about my knowledge around different software/hardwareTechnology and licensing of those solutions within corporate enviroments   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in January 2012.

Very easy questions.

Interview Questions

Company pulled a bait and switch on the salary range. Very unethical. Terrible benefits. I was very appalled by the lack of integrity at this company.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at SHI International in July 2010.

Started with a basic review of resume and skills over the phone. They called me in for a face to face interview a few days later. During this interview we again reviewed the resume. They described the workings of the company and what the job would entail. Went over any questions that i had. After this I was told to answer 5 basic questions on a computer that ensured i knew the basics of the business world and something about shi.

Logistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SHI International in June 2013.

It was very standard. Not a lot of work. You show up and explain that you are ready to work and willing to put in the work. They currently are undergoing management changes so things are a little different now. Just prove you want to work hard and have what it takes.

Inside Account Manager Interview

easy

N/A Interview

I interviewed for my company 5 years ago and the information and details have been adjusted since then but overall it was a pleasant experience. I talked with a recruiter and then took a written questionnaire. I was called back a week or two later and was offered the position.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SHI International.

Very laid back, but also very direct with questions.

Inside Account Executive Interview

This interview process took 2 weeks I got a phone interview and ten met at the company headquarters. Very basic interview questions about my goals and my weaknesses. I wish they did a better job axing questions though because I feel as if those types of questions are not helpful in determining the validity of a good costumer or not. I had a good interview experience. The people were very friendly and knowledgeable about the company.

Account Executive Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SHI International.

The hiring process is managed through the company HQ in New Jersey, but the interviews are handled by the local sales manager, and regional directors. In my experience, the interview process was pretty straight forward, there is a lot of value placed on previous sales experience, and on cultivating long standing executive level relationships.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging aspect of the interview was the wide range of products that SHI sells. Depending on pervious experience the line of questioning can go just about anywhere. You're better off admitting that you don't have experience around a certain technology, but you're eager to learn, rather than trying to fake it, or study up for the interview process.   Answer Question
    For account executives, there in not much room for negotiating on the base salary. There is a very aggressive commission structure, and you have an opportunity to make as much money as you want, but it will be heavily weighted to commissions rather than base salary.