SHI International Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

2.5

Inside Account Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at SHI International in August 2012.

Interview

There was a 10 minute phone screening, and then a follow up in person interview that lasted between 1 and 2 hours. They were very nice and easy to talk to. Fairly basic questions about your past experience and why you want to work at SHI.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Process is inconsistent. Generally speaking, candidates will meet with the Sales Manager, and then the Director of Sales. Sometimes there is a peer interview. For the most part, SHI is looking for hunters who understand the IT market (Microsoft/nonMicrosoft software/datacenter solutions/commodity hardware). Experience in the field is a nice to have, but certainly not mandatory. Young, enthusiastic, hungry, coin-operated candidates will certainly have an advantage.

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with the VAR community, understanding of competitive landscape.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unwavering - there is little room to negotiate.

Inside Account Executive Interview

Interview

This interview process took 2 weeks I got a phone interview and ten met at the company headquarters. Very basic interview questions about my goals and my weaknesses. I wish they did a better job axing questions though because I feel as if those types of questions are not helpful in determining the validity of a good costumer or not. I had a good interview experience. The people were very friendly and knowledgeable about the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

If they like you, the interview can last up to 4 hours. If they do not, youre out sooner than later.

Interview Questions

• There was a 10 question quiz at the end. Its not difficult but I was not expecting it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Account Executive Public Sector Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SHI International in February 2014.

Interview

I reached out to the corporate recruiter through email and he set up the initial call. After I got passed that interview I had a phone conversation with the hiring director, then another director. After I had to present a business plan to both the directors I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Preparing for the presentation. You have to do your homework and know what your going to do daily, monthly and quarterly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A little bit but I was given more than I was expecting in the first place.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Fast process. Applied and had a phone interview within two days of applying. Then invited to an in person interview which was scheduled a week after phone interview. Final decisions where made within 5 days of formal interview. They have a high employee turnover rate, so they are always hiring new people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Quick turnaround. I applied online, was called in for an interview, and offered the job within a week. The length of hiring process will depend on when their next training class begins for this position and if you already have a job. They're hiring a lot of people right now (20/month) and have an awesome training program set up that begins around the first or second week of each month. Ex) Applied in mid November, received offer, put in 2 weeks notice at current job (around Thanksgiving, so it was like 2.5 weeks), training class began December 9th.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about SHI?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate, but there are no negotiations. All Inside Account Executives make 30k + commission. The commission plan is one of the best around and after 4-6 months of cold calling, persistence, and a lot of determination, you'll be well on your way to making 50-60k

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Received a phone call an hour after I applied online asking for a interview. Phone interview was basic. Went in next day for a official interview.

Had other job offers

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ).

Interview

Met with HR, asked a few questions and then given a test that covered basic skills

Interview Questions

• One thing you are skill you are looking to improve on in this job   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SHI International in March 2010.

Interview

Lengthy 3-4 step interview process. First phone screened by HR, phone screen by DM, meet and screened by local team, face to face interview with DM then face to face with Regional Sales Director.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to be critical of myself regarding a large opportunity that I had lost at a previous position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Base salary + commission.