Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at SHI International
- Inside Account Executive (11)
- Account Executive (8)
- Inside Account Manager (5)
- Inside Sales Account Manager (3)
- Inside Sales Representative (3)
- Intern (1)
- Account Manager (1)
- Accounts Receivable (1)
- Logistician (1)
- Systems Architect (1)
- Software Developer (1)
- Field Sales (1)
- N/A (1)
- Dev (1)
- Business Development Manager (1)
- Licensing Specialist (1)
- Account Executive Public Sector (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
interviewed at SHI International in August 2012.
There was a 10 minute phone screening, and then a follow up in person interview that lasted between 1 and 2 hours. They were very nice and easy to talk to. Fairly basic questions about your past experience and why you want to work at SHI.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at SHI International (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.
Process is inconsistent. Generally speaking, candidates will meet with the Sales Manager, and then the Director of Sales. Sometimes there is a peer interview. For the most part, SHI is looking for hunters who understand the IT market (Microsoft/nonMicrosoft software/datacenter solutions/commodity hardware). Experience in the field is a nice to have, but certainly not mandatory. Young, enthusiastic, hungry, coin-operated candidates will certainly have an advantage.
- Familiarity with the VAR community, understanding of competitive landscape. Answer Question
Unwavering - there is little room to negotiate.
- Accepted Offer
This interview process took 2 weeks I got a phone interview and ten met at the company headquarters. Very basic interview questions about my goals and my weaknesses. I wish they did a better job axing questions though because I feel as if those types of questions are not helpful in determining the validity of a good costumer or not. I had a good interview experience. The people were very friendly and knowledgeable about the company.
- Where did you learn how to use powerpoint? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in July 2013.
If they like you, the interview can last up to 4 hours. If they do not, youre out sooner than later.
- There was a 10 question quiz at the end. Its not difficult but I was not expecting it. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at SHI International in February 2014.
I reached out to the corporate recruiter through email and he set up the initial call. After I got passed that interview I had a phone conversation with the hiring director, then another director. After I had to present a business plan to both the directors I interviewed with.
- Preparing for the presentation. You have to do your homework and know what your going to do daily, monthly and quarterly. Answer Question
A little bit but I was given more than I was expecting in the first place.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in January 2014.
Fast process. Applied and had a phone interview within two days of applying. Then invited to an in person interview which was scheduled a week after phone interview. Final decisions where made within 5 days of formal interview. They have a high employee turnover rate, so they are always hiring new people.
- What are your career plans for the next 5 years? Answer Question
Helpful (5)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 days – interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in November 2013.
Quick turnaround. I applied online, was called in for an interview, and offered the job within a week. The length of hiring process will depend on when their next training class begins for this position and if you already have a job. They're hiring a lot of people right now (20/month) and have an awesome training program set up that begins around the first or second week of each month. Ex) Applied in mid November, received offer, put in 2 weeks notice at current job (around Thanksgiving, so it was like 2.5 weeks), training class began December 9th.
- How did you hear about SHI? 1 Answer
I tried to negotiate, but there are no negotiations. All Inside Account Executives make 30k + commission. The commission plan is one of the best around and after 4-6 months of cold calling, persistence, and a lot of determination, you'll be well on your way to making 50-60k
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in August 2013.
Received a phone call an hour after I applied online asking for a interview. Phone interview was basic. Went in next day for a official interview.
Reasons for Declining
Had other job offers
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ).
Met with HR, asked a few questions and then given a test that covered basic skills
- One thing you are skill you are looking to improve on in this job Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at SHI International in March 2010.
Lengthy 3-4 step interview process. First phone screened by HR, phone screen by DM, meet and screened by local team, face to face interview with DM then face to face with Regional Sales Director.
- I was asked to be critical of myself regarding a large opportunity that I had lost at a previous position. Answer Question
No negotiations. Base salary + commission.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review