SHI International Interview Questions in Somerset, NJ

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.6

Accounts Receivable Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an member of SHI's HR department, had a brief phone interview highlighting my work and classroom experiences. I then was invited to a face-to-face interview with the HR employee I talked on the phone with, was given a tour, then met with a hiring manager and took a short skills test on basic accounting concepts and excel.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about SHI?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ).

Interview

Two step interview process. First is a call by the very friendly talent acquisition staff to basically go over your resume. Very simple, just introduce yourself and explain how you could be a team member for the organization. Most candidates for this position have accounting degrees so it might be a good idea to talk about what you find interesting about accounting and why you chose the degree. Second step (not more than 2 weeks after phone interview) you will be invited to sit down with two hiring managers and go over the position in detail. Listen to what they and be sure to ask questions. You will also meet with the talent acquisition specialist to go over benefits and salary. If you're extended the opportunity they will call you and send you the contract via mail to officially accept the offer as with any other company. All in all, this is a great company. People are friendly and the facility is very, very nice. (Formerly an AT&T building in Somerset, NJ) Pay might be lacking but for an entry level job it makes up for it in bonuses and benefits. Best of luck.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine credit worthiness of a company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ).

Interview

Met with HR, asked a few questions and then given a test that covered basic skills

Interview Questions

• One thing you are skill you are looking to improve on in this job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

If they like you, the interview can last up to 4 hours. If they do not, youre out sooner than later.

Interview Questions

• There was a 10 question quiz at the end. Its not difficult but I was not expecting it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Field Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

contacted by a recruiter then had several phone interviews with internal recruiting met with management and received an offer, the process was pretty seamless had to follow up once to check on status otherwise the communication was very good

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join SHI?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The position was commission only, as a field rep you are given plenty of freedom and support, as well as a good ramp up commission plan unless there are accounts to inherit you better have a base line of accounts ready to follow you and no non compete agreement to stop you.

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR Rep. to come in for an interview after she saw my resume somewhere on the internet. I came into the Somerset office, met with the HR Rep. first, and then with the managers of the Purchasing Department. I was straight out of college, so the interview was mainly based on my limited experiences at my summer internships and my personal qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you possess that allow you to work under pressure?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

The Process Was brief as if a decision had already been made. There may have been a bit of profiling since i already knew some of the current employees and was familiar with the company etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about 2 previous obstacles in work and how you overcame them   1 Answer

Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

Cursory, minimal, nothing really to worry about here. It seems like they're more interested in getting bodies in the door because they seem to be growing, although you'll get 2% increases for your entire career there, so get used to that.