SIGMA Marketing Insights

Relevance Date Difficulty

Database Developer Interview

Database Developer
Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SIGMA Marketing Insights in April 2014.

Interview Details – Was approached by one of the HR directors via Linkedin. They were impressed with my profile and wanted to set up a phone interview. After the initial phone interview a second phone interview with the VP of IT and head data manager was scheduled. After the second phone interview an in person interview was scheduled for later that week. After interviewing in person received a phone call asking for references and my offer would be contingent of my references. After sending references to the HR director received a phone call with an offer and a paper offer via email the following Monday. Throughout the interview process most questions were about my experiences and little technical questions wanted to know more whether I would fit in with the team.

Interview Question – Give me a time when you were excited or upset because of something.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SIGMA Marketing Insights in July 2009.

Interview Details – Topgrading is being used. Exhaustive, includes questions about high-school. The people were very polite and professional. The culture seemed inviting. There were long gaps in between "sessions". Questions seemed oriented towards how must stress/abuse a candidate would tolerate. The interviewers would not share job specifics, only the job description. Depth of knowledge was not tested. Very basic technical questions. Completed a 2 page SQL test and asked to code a bubble sort on a whiteboard. Also required access to my credit report.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected, What extracurricular activities interested you in High School?   View Answer
  • What is ACID?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer was firm and very low for the region and title. Non-negotiable. If you are desperate, consider accepting the process until something better comes along.

IT Interview

IT
Rochester, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at SIGMA Marketing Insights in September 2008.

Interview Details – Seemed like a good company from the outside. Didn't want to pay market for their employees. Strung the interview process along and played bait and switch with the job. Took over a month to state they didn't want to proceed further.

Interview Questions

• Very simple technical questions.   Answer Question
  • They did not ask many questions that revealed anything substansial, they were more concerned about what my salary would be -- without providing clear details into the job responsiblities   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SIGMA Marketing Insights? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SIGMA Marketing Insights interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by SIGMA Marketing Insights employees and interview candidates.