SIGMAnet Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2014

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at SIGMAnet

Anonymous Employee Interview

Two interview at the headquarters, fairly straightforward with simple questions. They printed out a paper of questions to ask, but it was fairly unorganized. Most of the questions were related to personality, and whether you are a quick learner and how would you fit in with others. The second interviewer must not have communicated with the first one because about half the questions were exactly the same as the ones the first person asked me.

Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SIGMAnet.

Interview Questions
    • Unstructured, unorganized and Micromanaged organization/ culture. Very high turnover in the area of PM, engineering, and even management. No proper guideline and direction of workflow, to many direction , no proper training . Basically stay away no matter how much they offer you   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SIGMAnet in November 2011.

I was referred to this position by a friend. I first spoke with the hiring manager over the phone, then we arranged to meet at a Starbucks where we spoke for 2 hours about this position.

I have technology background, but not specifically in IT so I didn't think I'd get far in the interview process. After the second interview, the hiring manager asked me to do an online presentation of their products. I took up the challenge. After the presentation, he said I did better than he expected because I took the time to study and learn about the product line. He asked me to go in for another interview at the HQ with two more senior management.

I was not sure about this company after reading the employee reviews, and the COO gave me the company side's of perspective of what had transpired in recent years. It made sense.

During the interview at the HQ, the two senior people I met with told me they were concerned about how long it would take for me to ramp up, although they liked my confidence and professional mannerism. I asked specifically what they didn't feel comfortable with my (lack of) skill, and they said they were worried that I couldn't learn the products fast enough. I assured them that I am a quick learner and demonstrated my ability with the presentation I did with the hiring manager, and that I learned all the different technologies on the job within months while growing my pipeline.

I then followed up with the hiring manager after my meeting at the HQ. The hiring manager expressed the same concern about my ramp up speed, only he wasn't concerned about my ability to learn new products. He said he has no doubt that I can pick up product knowledge very quickly, but he wasn't sure that I could open the doors. (I am a senior sales person, opening doors is my specialty!)

The hiring manager said they wouldn't hire anyone unless they are at least 80% sure. I asked where I was on the percentile. He brushed it off and said, "oh I don't have the exact number in my head right now."

He said because I would be a "liability on the balance sheet," he offered me a "trial position" paying me next to nothing. I found that insulting. If you didn't feel that I can do the job, just say "I'm sorry, but we don't feel that you are a right fit for this position, here's why..." It's a business decision and I wouldn't have any problems with it.

I didn't take the trial position because I'd much rather work for a company that views me as an asset instead of a liability.

Two problems with this company:

1. Conflicting stories of why they don't think that you can do the job.
    2. They view you as a liability instead of an asset.

Internship Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at SIGMAnet in May 2010.

Ask questions regarding your resume

Interview Questions

Worked for SIGMAnet? Contribute to the Community!