SIMED

Relevance Date Difficulty

Medical Assistant Interview

Medical Assistant
Gainesville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SIMED in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a few days I got a phone call for a phone screen. They told me it would take about 15-20 minutes but I think that depends on how much I talk (which is a lot). It wasn't too long but I wanted to give them as much info as possible. A few days later I got a call from a manager who wanted to interview me. I went to the location and met with the manager. They said they would need to check my references (at least 2) and as soon they heard back they would let me know if I would still be considered. One of my references no longer worked at my old job so that delayed things but within a day or so I was offered the job. Total time on the interview was less than a week start to finish.

Interview Question – They asked about my goals and ambitions but not like others have done. They wanted to know if I was just in this for the money or for the love of medicine. I love my patients so this was an easy question for me to answer but I wasn't expecting it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation but we did discuss the benefits which is helpful since I'm a single mom.

Physiatrist Interview

Physiatrist
Ocala, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SIMED in January 2011.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed by phone, general questions as to what type of practice was looking for, experience history etc. interview consisted of a dinner with 2 physicians and administrator. Next day full day of interviews and in the evening a party. Next day an interview with a panel of administrators, billing professionals etc. Contract was very restrictive and they were very emphatic on the non negotiability of the contract whic is not true because when i declined the offer they were quick to offer modificarions to the contract and a bigger salary.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Contract terms too restricitve, salary too low and didnt lile the atmosphere at the work place.

Coder Interview

Coder
Gainesville, FL

The process took 3 months - interviewed at SIMED in March 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring/interview process was long and tedious. I applied for a position in December and was not called back until March. An HR person left a voicemail and I was not able to get in touch with that person until about a week later. Finally, after a phone interview was conducted, I received another phone call from the supervisor in the department I applied for and scheduled an in person interview a week later. The interview consisted of me and 3 people from the department. They were not intimidating at all. They were extremely pleasant to talk to and they also listened very well. It was a please interviewing with these three women. They basically told me I had the job by the end of the interview, however HR had protocol to follow. Another interview was scheduled with I dont know who. It was unpleasant. Then HR could not officially hire me until they had spoken to at least two of my references. The interview process was a pain. The entire ordeal took about 4 months and by that time I was unable to accept the offer. Great people, crappy HR.

Interview Question – What did you enjoy the least about your last/current job?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Personal circumstances did not allow me to.

Medical Office Interview

Medical Office

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SIMED in December 2009.

Interview Details – I first did a phone interview with someone from HR. She called after I had applied on line. Phone interviews are not my favorite. I would prefer one on one interviews. But this person tried to make it as comfortable as possible. The call was to take about 20 minutes. I do not remember exactly how long it took, but it was longer than 20 minutes. I tried to be as detailed as possible. I was then to meet with Director of the area but my time available did not work with her time available. So I interviewed 1:1 with Office Manager instead at location of job opening. I liked this better anyways because it gave me a chance to see location of opening. At a later dte I then met with Office Manager and Director for the area. From the beginning to the job offer, they all worked around my time available without it interfering with my current job.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty much what one would expect at an interview. One of the questions was: How do I work in stressful environments?   Answer Question

Worked for SIMED? Contribute to the Community!